Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Good Luck Scottishdibble!
Remember to activate in increasing
powerful layers on a multisensory level
(kineasthetic ( feel yourself inside those microscope slides for the Pathology exam!), visual, auditory, --even olfaxtory) and Mind map, Mind map, Mind map!!).
You will do fine, if you follow Paul Scheele's materials and Alex Viefhaus' suggestions on PRing, as I have done, in my own studies!!

Hello ,raleigh199 , I see you stated this previously above:

"I agree with all other posts on this thread, but I thought I'd clarify my two cents, as I have always been a STRAIGHT A student! "

My point is, how natural did this photoreading come to you since you appeared to have always been a "straight A " student like you said?
Sheer discipline or above average intelligence or both?
How did photoreading affect your "learning ability" so to speak, ie, were you learning just as much before but quicker or did PR revoluntionise your whole way of learning? (seeing as you were already acustomed to high achievement study beforehand)

It would be interesting to clarify what type of apitude picks up photoreading quicker and applies it more effectively than others. Undoubtedly there must be variations.
-------------------------------------------------------
On another note I would love to know what is the average length it takes to "master" PR completely, like how far average intelligence can bring you until natural talent takes over -- in other words ,what does it take to reach scheele's level>?

Goodluck Scottishdibble (BTW luck has nothing to do with it, mental preparation is the key).

Your “have already failed them 3 times” is self-defeating and writing this is telling yourself you will fail. You need to change this to “I am going to pass the exam!” Forget about the past exam scores.

Here are a few techniques that I have used, to study for a licensing exam. (BTW, I scored the highest in the nation on this exam.)

Including MindMapping, generate ABC lists. Pick a topic (use the chapter title or subchapter titles, as starting points, of your text) and generate an ABC list. Repeat this whenever you can. You should generate several lists for each chapter.

While commuting to and from school, work, et cetera, generate an ABC list, vocally. Adding the information to your brain via a different sense (audio).

Don’t forget other then PR your text, PR several related publication, use the bibliography of each chapter.

Make some Flashcards of keywords concepts. Keep them in you pocket for a quick quiz.

As you stroll down the street look at the signs, pick a letter of each sign and think of a word or phrase that starts with that letter that is relate to your topic. (I used the letters and numbers of car license plates).

Keep a running diary or blog on your topic. By reading or PR then writing about it you generate strong neural connections. I suppose that one could as create an audio dairy and then listen to it, when one have available time.

When you are studying drink penty of water and study in short 20 minutes blocks, taking time between consecutive sessions to digest the information.

If you have a particular hard section to study do it just before you go to bed. Think about it as you drift off to sleep, letting you subconscious mind work on it. It might be handy to keep a pen and paper by you bed to jot down anything you think of when you wake up.

Since you have previously taken the exam, try to recall the past exams. With pen and paper in hand, start writing any question or feeling you had about from the past exams. Within a short period of time you should have a good set of topics to study. When you take this exam this time, make a mental note to remember the any question you had trouble with. After the exam, write these down, and research the information. If you pass the test you have also increased you knowledge, if you failed the test you now know the answer. Win-win strategy.

The “Memory Optimizer” course has wealth of good information. I recommend it to all, especially those that are using PR for exam preparation.

Vita sine litteris mors est.

Hi Hypertext,
I am going to start a new post to respond to your question, as it is a slightly different topic than rudolflai's original post!
We have not heard from Scottishdibble yet! I hope he did well!

raleigh199

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved