Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Learning Strategies Admin
OP Offline

On the Spring Forest Qigong forum they have a weekly healing list. I want to propose something similar for PhotoReaders. To help you improve your PhotoReading skills.

We all know if we want to succeed at something or change something we need

Relentless Focused Action

Even with our best of intention we often fail to follow through.

We also know it works better if we make a commitment with someone and "report to them" on how we are doing. Since PhotoReaders are scattered around the world it's often difficult to find a PhotoReading buddy. So lets create a buddy system right here on the forum.

Here is the proposal

Each week We add our name to the list and the number of books we intend to PhotoRead during the week.

Example 21 books Prepare & PhotoRead only Target 3 books a day
35 books - Prepare & PhotoRead only (target 5 books a day)

To join simply add your name to the list with the nominated number of books per week and target per day. You can join any time. A new list will be created each week. If you happen to start on the last day your weekly target can be what you expect to manage that day so 3 and it may include any books you have already PhotoRead during the week.

It would be great if you add your name and then posted each day to spur each other on.

So make a post every day listing the names of the book you have PhotoRead.
1.book
2. book.
3. target

Add your favourite smilie for each successful day so day one= day two can be
Day seven

The benefits. Do something like this for a month or two will help make PhotoReading a habit. It helps to improve your chances of spontaneous activation. It can be a lot of fun if we get a few people joining in.

Any questions or comments?

Alex

I think that this is a great idea. However I think your instructions are a little confusing. Here is what I got from it please correct me if I am wrong.

Step 1. Write a post with:
a. My name
b. The number of books I plan to photoread this week
c. The number I need to photoread each day to reach my weekly goal

Step 2. Write a post daily including:
a. Name
b. list of book titles I photoread
c. Add smilies so everyone knows which day of the week it is

Is this right? Also I was wondering if you wanted to have everyone running their own weeks. So since today is day thursday my day 1 would be on thursday or if you want to have everyone's week start on the same day ie. sunday or monday.

OP Offline

I wasn't too worried about detailed instructions at this point since I wanted to know if there is any interest and discuss further ideas.

For weeks I was going to start by creating the new thread on a Sunday. It gives everyone a chance to work from Monday to Sunday.

Dates will be fixed. If you happen to join Thursday your week is only Friday, Saturday and Sunday your goal would be for those 3 days. That way you can join at anytime and be on the same week with everyone else the following week so depending on the number of participants we could have a group target of 200 books a week. More participants the higher I push the number. Be kind of cool to have 100 people PhotoReading something like 20,000 books in a year. The longer we do it and the more people who do it the more books we will see photoread. See how long it takes us to get to 1 million?

The thread will be headed

23-29 April 2006 PhotoReading Challenge

Target 70

1.book
2.book
3. book
etc

Next time I post I just list the books add the days total to my previous total (21)

Name isn't necessary it's
<------ over there at the top anyway. : )

Alex

I'll take part in the challenge... I have to study for some exams anyway.

Real Estate Practices - Chapters 1- 7 (Activate First 3)
Richest Man in Babylon (need to activate)
How to Become an Independent Contractor (forms and such)
9 steps to Financial Freedom
Adobe Illustrator Classroom in a book

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by caesar_gus:
I'll take part in the challenge... I have to study for some exams anyway.

Great reason to PhotoRead your textbooks everyday. Fair game in this challenge too.

Alex

I am still abit fuzzy on this... so if i am not wrong, the steps are as follows...

Step1: Write down amount of Books for that week. and books per day.
Step2: List Down Books
Step3: For every successful day, you put a ???

Is it correct? my english is not too good

OP Offline

Step1: Write down target amount of Books for that week. (daily not necessary you know how many you need to do)

Step 2. List the books you PhotoRead for the day.
Step 3 for every successful day you add a

Yes, that the idea.

Alex

Nice idea Alex.

I've been toying with the idea of setting myself a Century Challenge. PR and mindmap a 100 books. It might be hard to find a hundred books I want to mindmap.... but if I lighten it up and allow a chapter out of a textbook or manual to count then it becomes easier for me.

I'm somewhat interested in this idea. I wouldn't want it to become competitive or see people discouraged because they keep missing their targets.

You got to make sure it's very supportive. Maybe have some coaching ideas... like if you missed you target last week, we set this weeks at was you did achieve this week and then maybe you up it.

Currently I have about 30 minutes a day of free time. Not a lot of time... not sure I want to spend it all on PRing.

Maybe you can setup a book of the week club. Pick a book. People pick it up at the library on the weekend, and then post mind probing questions during the week. (not the greatest for everyone having a strong purpose)

Nice idea, I see what happens.

BTW, I would just suggest that people edit their original post, and add their progress smilies.

You are perfection.
Iam2

OP Offline

I'd rather see people use this as a buddy system to reach their own goal 100 mind maps doesn't have to come from 100 books. Like you said A chapter is a good start.

Also it's a weekly goal what you do daily is up to you. You might just have a weekly goal of activating one book till it gels. How many days it takes isn't important.

A little bit of competition doesn't hurt either. If it motivates you to reach your goals.

The whole point of the exercise is to form a type of weekly buddy system and a bit of accountability.

Coaching is always available. Taking up this challenge would help many find their blocks and move through them faster.

So Iam2 Are you going to join us from time to time with your PhotoReading goal?

Alex

Target for the week : 18 Books + 3 Course Books
Activate Half of Course Books
List of Books,
1: Learn to Program Java (CB)
2: Information Security Principles and Practices(CB)
3: Windows and UNIX operating systems(CB)

No.Of Succesful Days :

[This message has been edited by ChuaKoonMing (edited May 01, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by ChuaKoonMing (edited May 01, 2006).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved