Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Any recommendation on how much time should I spend doing the Active Excercise versus the Sitting Meditations?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Master Lin says that when you have physical problems, practice the Active Exercise 75% of the time and a Sitting Meditation 25%.

Otherwise do more Sitting Meditation.

OP Offline

Thanks. Some where on the tapes it said the best times of day for practicing Qigong, but I can't remember them. What are they?

Noon and midnight, as I recall...
David

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Danler:
Thanks. Some where on the tapes it said the best times of day for practicing Qigong, but I can't remember them. What are they?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

David, you are right...

11-1 at noon and midnight for Sitting Meditations, especially the Small Universe. Master Lin says the front and back energy channels connect during this time period, and therefore you receive more benefit with less effort.

5-7 in the morning and evening for Active Exercise. Various channels are also open during this time period making it best for the Active Exercise.

But hear this warning: the best time is any time you can practice.

Don't put off practicing because it is the between the above mentioned time periods.

30 minutes at 3:00 is better than no exercise at all.

OP Offline

David and Pete,

How much time do you guys practice each week and why?

What's the most you've done?

OP Offline

David and Pete,

How much time do you guys practice each week and why?

What's the most you've done?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I do between 30 minutes and 2-1/2 hours each day. Very seldom will I miss a day.

Yesterday, for example, I did 1 hour of active exercise when I woke up at 5:00, and 30 minutes of a sitting meditation at noon at the office.

Today: I just finished 60 minutes of active exercise. At noon I'm doing a 30-minute healing with a friend. Master Lin says 20 minutes is sufficient for a healing, but I'm doing more because I take in so much energy during the healing.

Tommorrow: I will do 1-hour active when I wake, 30 minutes sitting at noon, and 1-hour active before dinner.

During the week I always do a 30-minute session at 11:30 am in the office with other members of the staff. I will try to get 60 minutes in early morning and/or late evening depending on my schedule and other priorities.

The primary reason I practice is that it feels good. I have no health concerns. As a matter of fact I haven't been sick since very early in 1998, which was shortly after I began practicing Qigong. And, I do not plan on getting sick. Should I get sick, I will move it out quickly.

I also practice because I want to give energy to friends and family as needed. The stronger my energy, the better I will be at helping others.

Right now, half of my active exercise is from Level One (same as our home-study course) and half is from Level Two. We should have Level Two published by the end of the year.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved