Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#48260 06/11/02 06:02 PM
OP Offline

Ok well I have trouble beleiving the asian based QI because I have a strong base in the Bible because I'm an Adventist. So, what could the healing be a result of if Qi doesn't exist? I've heard it's about certain brainwaves and the body's own healing abilities. So, what does everyone here believe about Qigong. Is it Qi, or is it natural healing?

#48261 06/11/02 06:15 PM
Hel Offline

Qi is natural.

#48262 06/11/02 07:28 PM
OP Offline

no Qi relates to eastern religion saying energy is in everything and everything is interconnected in the universe. thats crazy. how do you explain the creation of the universe if there is no God? or God is IN everything? come on... how could you beleive that

#48263 06/11/02 08:13 PM
OP Offline

i have this to add: deism is the religion saying God put himself into everyone and everything, so here's something i found on deism.com http://www.deism.com/adamandeve.htm

read genesis 1-3 and tell me how they came to their conclusion

#48264 06/12/02 06:12 AM

what if qi is love?

#48265 06/12/02 08:32 AM

Religon is Useless.It is someone elses Veiwpoint.Someone elses concept of The Greater Being. Qi is the essence of the Greater Being. The one on on communication
with the divine. With Qi you need no religion.You already have direct access.

#48266 06/12/02 08:36 AM
Hel Offline

quote:
God is IN everything? come on... how could you beleive that

So where do you think s/he is?

#48267 06/12/02 01:17 PM

With my physics background, I'm more inclined to believe the physics side of it (i.e. that there ARE energy channels running through the body). All energy originated from the Big Bang, however many billions of years ago that was (have they decided yet?). Conservation of Energy states that energy can't be created or destroyed, but it can be converted from one form to another. Einstein also stated that Energy and Matter are interchangeable (through his famous equation). Therefore everything in the universe originated from the Big Bang, so all the matter and energy are connected.

(Wow! Can I talk b****cks for Britain or what??? )

I am also inclined to believe that the reported miraculous healing powers of Jesus came from knowledge of a similar system to Qigong, Reiki or whatever.

How do we explain the creation of the universe if there is no God? Quantum mechanics. It's a crazy little microscopic world. It's also entirely possible (although it may seem unlikely) that our universe was created in a laboratory experiment inside another universe.

There's no direct proof that the universe was created in the Big Bang (although the evidence scientists have seem to point in that direction), but then there's no direct proof that God exists either.

#48268 06/12/02 08:03 PM

quote:
I am also inclined to believe that the reported miraculous healing powers of Jesus came from knowledge of a similar system to Qigong, Reiki or whatever.

So Im I. The three wisemen from the east story would seem to support that.. At the time of Jesus Buddism was already 500 years old. The three Wisemen from the East would have been Buddist monks who would have had the knowlege to teach Jesus how to do his miricales. All of the miricals of jesus can be reproduced by a Sho lin master.In cluding waliking on water.

[This message has been edited by WanderingBear (edited June 12, 2002).]

#48269 06/13/02 12:09 AM
OP Offline

when the wise men went to Jesus, He was a baby, they didnt teach Him anything they came to praise Him. I am sorry to say that there is currently no scientific proof of God, but the Big Bang is VERY unlikely, I say impossible. For one thing, there would have to be energy to be blasted into the matter that exists now. there would have to be something to start with, only God can make something out of nothing. if the universe has ABSOLUTELY nothing in it, this means there is nothing to react, explode, or Bang at all. if the universe were created by people from another universe, then how was their universe created? starting from absolutely nothing, no energy, no heat or cold, no matter or extra dimensions, nothing can react to anything so how would things just *form*? The reason i beleive God is a living God and not just a representation of the energy of the universe is because he talked to people, appeared to people, and was put in human form on earth as Jesus so we could be saved from hell for all of our sins. if you actually want to find out the truth, read the Bible and find me something that can be proven false. if you're not willing to read up on it, then you dont really want to know the truth. since i've said this, i would like to see links or references to anything relating to eastern religion, or whatever religion you think is the right one. im willing to read up on the information and see what i find.

#48270 06/13/02 01:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
I am sorry to say that there is currently no scientific proof of God, but the Big Bang is VERY unlikely, I say impossible.

So why is it entirely possible that a supreme being exists when the possibility of something like the Big Bang is impossible?

quote:

For one thing, there would have to be energy to be blasted into the matter that exists now. there would have to be something to start with

Who's to say that there wasn't anything before the universe? It's entirely possible that our universe was created from events in another universe. It's possible that this sort of thing happens all the time and that there are an infinitely large number of universes out there. Just because we can't measure anything before our universe began doesn't mean that there wasn't anything there.

quote:

only God can make something out of nothing.

Again, proof?

quote:

if the universe has ABSOLUTELY nothing in it, this means there is nothing to react, explode, or Bang at all.

See answer above.

quote:

if the universe were created by people from another universe, then how was their universe created? starting from absolutely nothing, no energy, no heat or cold, no matter or extra dimensions, nothing can react to anything so how would things just *form*?

Our universe is not infinite in that it has a definite start. (Although to complicate matters, our universe IS infinite in that time itself was created at the Big Bang, so there was nothing before and there will be nothing after the universe has died).

That doesn't mean that space is not infinite. Matter, space, energy could all exist infinitely, each of which create more universes.

quote:

The reason i beleive God is a living God and not just a representation of the energy of the universe is because he talked to people, appeared to people, and was put in human form on earth as Jesus so we could be saved from hell for all of our sins.

There's a saying that goes like this:

"Why is it that when we talk to God it's called 'praying', but when God talks to us, it's called 'paranoid schitzophrenia'". The only account you have of God appearing to man is from a book written 2000 years ago. I'll continue this discussion after the next quote...

quote:

if you actually want to find out the truth, read the Bible and find me something that can be proven false.

The Bible can be interpreted in many ways. There are certain things in the Bible which have been described as one thing, but given our technological advances, could equally be described in completely different terms. Sure, the Erich von Daniken stuff may seem a little unbelievable to some, but all he's doing is offering a different interpretation of the words in the Bible.

quote:

if you're not willing to read up on it, then you dont really want to know the truth.

I must admit that I've never sat down and read the Bible. I've read parts of it. But what I have read doesn't tell me what is real or what isn't any more than Chris Ryan's latest SAS fiction book.

quote:

since i've said this, i would like to see links or references to anything relating to eastern religion, or whatever religion you think is the right one. im willing to read up on the information and see what i find.

I don't believe in religion. Religion is probably one of the biggest causes of hatred in the world, and has been throughout history.

Now look, Neo-Matrix. I don't begrudge you having your beliefs. You are as free to believe in God and the Bible just as I am free to choose to be sceptical. I don't particularly like the way you are handling this topic though. Your first post was fine - a good question. However, when Hel puts forward his view, you then go on to slate his (and many other people's) views on the subject. You seem to have the attitude that your beliefs are right and everyone else is wrong. I like to keep an open mind to possibilities. Perhaps you should learn to do the same.

No offence intended.

[This message has been edited by bujin (edited June 13, 2002).]

#48271 06/13/02 03:24 PM

I kinda followed this post, and since I share bujins view, I've got one thing to add:
All those puritan, hard-core christians always talk about reading the bible and how true it all is .. when in fact they're not even reading the original texts. They only quote from the english translation. Now translations are such a tricky, sensitive thing ... there's so many things that can go wrong.
Just as an example, until a few centuries (?) ago, Moses was always depicted with horns on his head, because of an error of translation!
Now if you only trust in a highly subjective translation of the text, I say you can't really know what the truth is, and what's really in the bible.
Many things cannot be put into a translation of an original text, such as play of words, atmosphere, even the mind-set and thinking of the originators.
Now if you can't read that stuff in its hebrew or arameic original, I say you can't even prove what you read! For all I know, the translation itself can be faulty and influenced by the thinking and mindset of the translator(s) ... everything is!

I stand by bujins point of view, religion is one of the worst things humankind could create! There are so many religions, and almost each of them says that if you're not a member, you're going to hell.
So why do you think you're not going to hell?

ste

quote:

COPY FACTOR

A new monk arrived at the monastery. He was assigned to
help the other monks in copying the old texts by hand. He
noticed, however, that they were copying copies, not the
original books.

The new monk went to the head monk to ask about this. He
pointed out that if there was an error in the first copy,
that error would be continued in all of the other copies.
The head monk said, "We have been copying form the copies
for centuries, but you make a good point my son."

The head monk went down into the cellar with one of the
copies to check it against the original.

Hours later, nobody had seen him, so one of the monks
went downstairs to look for him. He heard sobbing coming
form the back of the cellar and found the old monk
leaning over one of the original books, crying.

He asked what was wrong. "the word is Celebrate, no
celibate!" Sobbed the head monk.

[This message has been edited by Xehupatl (edited June 13, 2002).]

#48272 06/13/02 04:12 PM

quote:
when the wise men went to Jesus, He was a baby, they didnt teach Him anything they came to praise Him.

In the Buddist Tradition when a Great One is found they see to his training.The wisemen
would have stayed to see to this. Between his birth and the age of 30 nothing is known or writen about Jesus.It is his last 3 years of life that is documented in the new testement.Other then that.Very little is known of his life.So I speculate that he spent the first part of his life in training with the "Wisemen". Among the Buddists Praise and honor of "The Chosen" is automatic.But they wouldnt have seen him as "The Christ" They would have seen him as one of the Chosen like the Dali Lama.

[This message has been edited by WanderingBear (edited June 13, 2002).]

#48273 06/13/02 06:15 PM
OP Offline

starting from the top:
God has done things unexplainable and has proven himself many times, but just because people wrote it down, its automatically debatable, so we debate over it's truth. Thats why i beleive God exists. There is no other explanation for the creation of the universe in all of its vast detail. how about you read Creations Tiny Mystery. its about Granite and the radio halo's found in it. read anything you want about granite halo's, scientists cant explain why they exist.
once again, there has to be SOME beginning, before the *unlimited amount of universes* existed, there was NOTHING in existance. if you want to claim that our universe came from a billion other universes, then tell me also how those universes were created. you have to start from ZERO somewhere, however many universes you have to trace back through.
God does miracles in almost every book of the bible, and even in this day, although everyone denies it and credits a healing to some *paranormal happening*, rather than just accepting the simplest explanation.
ok so you said that energy and matter could exist infinitely, and theres no way i could say otherwise since its beyond anyones comprehension, but i still say its far fetched, but thats just my opinion.
the book written 2000 years ago that says about all of the things God did still stands, and the reason God doesnt appear to anyone is because 1: the bible says God is brighter than the sun, and that his presense is blinding for any man. 2: he hasnt found anyone WORTHY of his presence since then. the faithful are few.
i dont think any science fiction book would have such facts and detailed records of so many things in history, the bible has geneologies, records of different kingdoms and kings, and stories of prophets and miracles, and most of all it has the story of Jesus and his disciples.
from what ive read, you dont really keep an open mind, because if you did, you would be reading the bible right now, to find out the truth. why would the bible have boring things like geneologies if it were some kind of fiction book to get peoples attention? the bible wasnt written to gain the approval of some scientists and skeptics, it was written for anyone who wants to read the Word of God and for the people who beleive to gain better understanding.
Xehupatl: the copy factor has been said against the bible before, but it isnt true at all, the king james bible is a perfect word for word translation of the dead sea scrolls that were found within the last 50 years, and the king james was written from copies of copies, not modified at all. the reason it doesnt change is because its GOD's book, the people who translate it are God inspired, so assuming for a moment that God exists(for those who dont beleive), why would he let his Word be changed and distorted, if he knew it would cause arguments and problems? HE DIDNT. most preachers and book writers(from the Seventh-Day Adventist church at least) learn HEBREW and GREEK as part of their studies, they KNOW what they are reading, and the people who write the books have a clear understanding of what was meant, most of it isnt hard to understand, most people try to get a translation out of every single verse. it isnt my religion that saves me, its my faith and personal relationship with God. i could care less if i was catholic or Bhuddist, the name doesnt matter, its what you beleive that will or will not get you saved.

#48274 06/14/02 03:12 AM

There is one other expanation for the exsistance of the Universe. Science baised on logical reasoning With all facts in hand.
There is much overwhelming evedince To support scientific therory.
But the only thing to back up the Creationist theroy is blind faith. Sorry Thats not enough for me.
As far as the Bible gos Its nothing but a collection of old writtings by primitive desert nomads who knew nothing about the planet they lived on or what the stars were.Thats hardly proof.

#48275 06/14/02 03:26 AM
OP Offline

show me some overwhelming evidence that you speak of...
granite has radio halos in it left from plutonium which degraded inside the rock when the rock was formed. if the rock had ever been molten, the halos would not be there, and as far as i know explosions of massive energy would not leave the granite in its completely cooled state. read the scientific approach, once again, in the book you should read before debating the creation of the universe, Creations Tiny Mystery.
but since you guys are so extremely skeptical and close minded, i bet you wont even bother to check it out. and i shouldnt expect you to, but if you want to read it go ahead.

#48276 06/14/02 06:21 AM

Your point being what? This planet is very old.in the Trillions of years. The material that this planet is made from is far older still.Not all the material was molten when this planet was formed.
I beleave your the one who needs to study.

#48277 06/14/02 06:27 AM
OP Offline

how does it matter how old it is?? and how was the rock made?, it just appeared with plutonium scattered in it, in its solid state? you cant explain your claims but you talk to me like i dont know what im talking about. by the way its spelled 'beleive' not 'beleave' if you ever got out of grade school you might know that. just read the book instead of basing all your claims with statements about "trillions of years" and so-called "scientific fact". show me something or dont talk. i've told you about a book which proves creation using scientific study, but so far nobody has given me any reference to facts or studies.

#48278 06/14/02 08:23 AM
Hel Offline

believe

#48279 06/14/02 09:30 AM
Hel Offline

I have taken a look at the ideas in 'Creation's Tiny Mystery'. Haven't read the book. It sounds interesting; I'll look more into it when I have time. Here are two links which may be of interest:
http://www.cincinnatidharma.org/dharma_talks/poison_arrow.html
http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma/kalamas.html

#48280 06/14/02 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WanderingBear:
Your point being what? This planet is very old.in the Trillions of years. The material that this planet is made from is far older still.Not all the material was molten when this planet was formed.

Just to be pedantic, the Earth (and the Sun) are 4.6 billion years old.

Now, back to Neo-Matrix:

quote:

once again, there has to be SOME beginning, before the *unlimited amount of universes* existed, there was NOTHING in existance.

Why does there?

quote:

ok so you said that energy and matter could exist infinitely, and theres no way i could say otherwise since its beyond anyones comprehension, but i still say its far fetched, but thats just my opinion.

That's where you and I differ. You, as a religious person, find the idea of eternal matter and energy far fetched. I, as a physicist, find the idea of a supreme being far fetched. They are both beliefs, to which we are entitled.

quote:

from what ive read, you dont really keep an open mind, because if you did, you would be reading the bible right now,

There aren't enough hours in the day to do the things I am interested in, let alone the things I'm not.

quote:
to find out the truth.

The truth? Again, that's a very arrogant attitude to have - to say that everything in the Bible is absolute truth and that scientists and (more importantly) people of other religions are wrong. You imply that books like the Koran are just pages of lies. As I've said before, this attitude can only bring on trouble and hatred.

#48281 06/14/02 07:12 PM

Neo-Matrix,
It sounds like your taking a lot of flack so I'll jump on your side. God does exist. Without a doubt he exists. Albert Einstein said once to an athiest that "the more I learn about science, and of atoms, and of all the intricacies of life, the more I believe in God." This is coming from one of the most appraised intellectuals of all time. How can anyone think and meditate about their own existance and not believe in God? Think about the intricate parts of your own body. The neoro-system, the cardiovascular system, the eyes, the ears, everything and how they work perfectly well together. Does anyone believe that our bodies were created by chance? By some miraculous way of evolution? We cannot have happened by chance, it is completely impossible!! How do you explain a feeling? So anyway, I with you brother! If you would like to read something very profound and read the Book of Mormon and the story of Joseph Smith. I know the Mormons have had a bad wrap and there are a lot of rumors about them, but give it a chance, it totally backs up the bible and gives some profound insight to the explanation of God. You seem like an open minded person that does not make a judgment on something especially religion until you have studied it for yourself. That is the mark of a true intellectual.

#48282 06/14/02 07:12 PM
OP Offline

i dont think the Koran is lies, and i dont think scientists are wrong, but... i dont think that the Koran was written God inspired, at least not all of it. And as far as i know, hmm the Koran made people suicide into the WTC, and uh... the Nazi's used the great scientist Darwin, among other beleifs(militarism, white supremacy), but Darwinism, survival of the fittest, lead to the Germans thinking they were 'the fittest' and they should whipe out everyone unfit. the middle east is going to have problems no matter what because they all hate eachother already. which wars were caused by christians? oh by the way im not a christian, im an Adventist. Hel is taking a better approach at this, thanks Hel i read some of the information, ill get to the rest later when i have some time. well when you get some free time from your scientific whatever, try to look at the book, its not a big book...

#48283 06/14/02 08:21 PM

Your getting into Nucular Physics, That is the point in which matter is created from energy. Science has already dont this and has added a nuber of synthetic elements to the table of elements. All matter is created out of energy. And when matter is created in that manner it is solid from its begining.

#48284 06/14/02 09:13 PM
Hel Offline

Adventists aren't Christians?

#48285 06/15/02 12:47 AM
OP Offline

wanderingbear, i know that scientists have recreated every single rock and precious stone, even created new elements, but no scientist has ever been able to recreate granite even in the smallest amount. they can make Diamonds and Gold, but granite they cant touch. Adventists maintain most of the same things as Christians, but we dont assiciate ourselves with the christian churches because all other religions(jewish im not sure), all other religions worship the sabbath day on Sunday. Adventists saw that this was wrong, and that even the average athiest can see "the seventh day" as stated in the bible, is Saturday. the calendar hasnt changed until this brought problems to the catholic church, and even now those calenders arent sold to very many people, the regular calender is the correct one, and saturday is Sabbath. the catholic church covers up this mistake by stating that they have power over the bible, saying the Pope is God on earth. the bible also tells about the catholic church, its about a horn(church, or kingdom) coming up out of many others and that the horn would try to change set times and laws(catholics split one commandment into two, and eliminated one). there are very specific predictions made about this horn, how it would come, and when it would come, also what it would do. prophecies in the bible are so far never wrong.

#48286 06/15/02 06:28 AM

Theres alot that science hasnt figured out .Yet. Give it time.

#48287 06/15/02 07:17 PM
OP Offline

true... but have you noticed that thousands of intelligent scientists sit in a lab trying to find out ways to prove that it didnt take an intelligent being to create these things in the first place? hmm....

#48288 06/15/02 08:54 PM

Most scientists dont really think about that.There more conserned with finding out how things work and came to being on the physical level.They leave spiritual stuff up to religous organization. Most of them wont even touch that the issue of God.They have no evedence eather way.

#48289 06/17/02 01:49 PM

I don't plan to argue this topic any more. You have your beliefs and I have mine. I have no intention of trying to change your belief, and I'd hope that you'd have no intention to try to change mine.

However, I will say that what you write here:

quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
And as far as i know, hmm the Koran made people suicide into the WTC

is a very narrow-minded view.

The Koran didn't cause the terrorists to fly into the WTC last September. Some of the terrorists may cite religion as the cause and so it's natural to think that their religion is evil. However, this is not the case. The terrorists didn't plan to attack America and Britain for religious reasons. But if that's what you want to believe, then what about the Crusades back in the middle ages? Is there a difference?

#48290 06/18/02 12:26 AM
OP Offline

lol i only meant that their view of the religion means to them that they can commit suicide without having bad karma or anything. im not saying thats the true meaning of the koran im just saying thats what it lead to. the ADVENTIST church, which i am in, has NOTHING to do with the crusades so dont even bring it up. i dont think killing people for a religious purpose is ever good. i am not being narrow minded about anything, dont place things of the catholic or christian church on my beleifs. i know the islamic religion isnt evil and the koran doesnt teach evil, i was only pointing out that those people used it as their basis. btw i do hope to change peoples beliefs because part of my religion is to witness, but i know satan works hard and is more intelligent than me, being thousands of years old and all... i hope some of you get your calling and dont reject it.

[This message has been edited by Neo-Matrix (edited June 17, 2002).]

#48291 07/18/02 02:34 PM

Gentle Beloveds,
we need to pause and take a deep breath: aaaahhhhhhhh! Sure, that feels better already.
I'm new to the group so excuse my intrusion. I think I posted my comments in the wrong topic area; actually, the two topics were going the same place and on the same issues.
PLEASE SEE MY COMMENTS UNDER THE TOPIC: Chi: The vital energy (page 3, last enty of 7/17/02).

Thank you all, and remember to breathe ....

#48292 07/18/02 04:17 PM

Neo,
forgive me but I didn't read all the earlier comments.
You mentioned you are an Adventist and Adventists are not Christians, or something like that. Sorry, but I always thought Adventists were part of Christendom (or Christianity). What are Adventists then, a separate religion on to themselves?
You also mention not to bring up the Crusades, and perhaps we should not bring up the inquisitions and other negative periods within Christianity's 2000 years history. You mention not to bring up Catholics and Protestants; but isn't this all part of the Christian legacy and history; the one comes with other; the good comes with the bad; the left comes with the right; satan comes with God (but this is another topic for another time); darkness comes with light; female comes with male; tails comes with heads; south comes with north. It you throw one part out, then you will have to throw the other parts out.
Yes, there has been negative times (and plenty of it) in christianity's history; but, that does not make Christianity evil or bad, etc. There has been plenty of negative history in the name of Islam; but, that does not necessarily mean Islam is evil or bad, etc. And, the same could be said of all other religions, societies, groups and governments, etc. We do not deny of cut off our unpleasant history; we learn and grow from it; and, hope not to repeat it.
I know this is a very delicate area, but did you know that Chrisitanity played a big part in that dark period of human history under the Nazi (as you call it). And, it is streatching it a bit too far, to say the least, to say it was Dawinianism as the main cause!

Neo, I'm in no way attacking you or your beliefs. I admire your stance and frankness. As I've said before in my "Chi:the vital energy" comments (page 3 #59), I nderstand where you are coming from.

And WanderingBear, there is much I can say concerning your comments. Enough to say, lighten up on Neo.

However, take time to breathe ... and smile ....
God loves you all, and so do I ....

#48293 07/20/02 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
what if qi is love?

Why do we wonder what it is when it is so natural? Just use it.

#48294 07/20/02 06:48 AM

Neo-Matrix said:
"And as far as i know, hmm the Koran made people suicide into the WTC"

What?!?

I'll take a line from my favorite pro-gun slogan: The Koran doesn't kill people... people kill people. Fanatics practicing a twisted and hateful version of Islam brought down those towers.

Everything I've ever read points to *true* Islam being a moderate, gentle and loving religion. No worse (and maybe better) than many others. Like anything else it is open to interpretation and, unfortunately, it is being turned into a political brainwashing tool by fundamentalists.

Speaking of fundamentalists... you seem less like someone seeking answers and more like someone with an agenda. I begin to question your motives...

You believe God created the Universe, someone else believes in the Big Bang. Both are interesting stories, but that's all they are and all they'll ever be, just unfinished stories. Don't expect and ending either, at least not in this lifetime.

What do I believe? I believe that Man is a story-telling ape. We tell ourselves stories of who we are, why we're here and how it all began. We spin our stories, both personal and collective, down through the days of our lives. We seek the comfort of our stories. They are our psychic campfires that keep the cold, implacable blackness of eternity and infinity at bay.

At least, that's the story I tell myself...

"I consider dogmatic belief and dogmatic denial very childish forms of conceit in a world of infinitely whirling complexity. None of us can see enough from one corner of space-time to know "all" about the rest of space-time." -- Robert Anton Wilson

"Who would you be without your story? There is no story that is you or that leads to you. Every story leads away from you. Turn it around; undo it. You are what exists before all stories. You are what remains when the story is understood." -- Byron Katie

#48295 07/23/02 04:32 AM

Okay. . .let me just add one more thing. . .

CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?

#48296 07/24/02 02:58 AM

Actually, if you read the works of Sitchin (http://www.sitchen.com), you might come to believe that all of you are correct from your viewpoint. It might sound hokey - the earth populated by creatures from another planet, but he has some really interesting points. He believes that yes, evolution did take place, but that it would take longer than humans took to develop on this planet. So we had a little help with someone using a little bio-engineering. It makes perfect sense to me - the way the bible and science fit together quite nicely.

Now I can believe in evolution, and that God or some universal power is a driving force in our universe, and that the bible is a historical account of how man was created by advanced beings.

And qi? I think it's some kind of energy like electricity or radio waves that exist but cannot be screen. Even the creation of life, where the sperm meets the egg, reminds me of positive and negative electrons creating a "spark", creating life, activating qi.

:-)

#48297 07/27/02 03:19 PM
OP Offline

wow this topic is still alive... ok well the reason the Adventists dont associate themselves with the christian church(technically we are christian but only because christian means you beleive in Christ) is because the catholic church began in the right information, but then made mistakes and tried to cover them up by changing the truth, they took power over countries and now they beleive they can do whatever they want. Protestants had the right idea in the beginning, but they started to unknowingly follow the non-biblical beleifs of the catholics. Adventists, however, developed their beleifs by deep study in history and the bible. We dont beleive in the rapture, we worship on the true sabbath, saturday, and there are many other beleifs we carry that differ from protestant and catholic beleifs.
I know for a fact that the pope is the anti-christ spoken of in the bible, and anyone who wants to know why i beleive this so strongly can email me at mrmatrixz@hotmail.com
you cant blame the adventist church or its people for any other religion's actions, like i cant blame you for something you didnt do. you cant see the future, and if you could you would see that Jesus will come back soon, eliminate all evil, and you're right. you cant have good without evil, but does the evil have to constantly exist? the evil will be remembered by everyone who experienced or witnessed it, and then evil wont have to exist as long as the memories stay there, and we see how foolish we were and never go back to those evil actions.
Look, i never said islamic religion was BAD!!! i never meant to imply that but i guess it came out wrong. every religion has bad spin-off religions, some adventists began to mistake the truth for something they beleived in, and then along came David Koresh. he was CRAZY. i know the texts he used for his beleifs, and they dont say to go around killing people like he beleived. some islams went crazy and thought that america was evil and went to teach us a lesson. dont bring up that one statement up again, because i know the truth, i just sometimes dont say what i mean.
You're right, im not seeking answers. i have found most of my answers, but if i find some here ill accept them. so far, i havent found anything i really needed to know. my motives are to share my answers even though most dont want to beleive them.
The reason it would've taken longer on this planet to develope is because we didnt develope, we were created. Before we had strict sanitation rules, everyone blamed the Jews for their sicknesses. Why? because the jews followed the rules of sanitation in the bible, and they didnt get sick. where did this wisdom come from? God. In hospitals, the death rate for giving birth was over 50%. a christian person who owned the hospital read the bible, and found out that people should was their hands inbetween an operation and a delivery. the people were confused and called him crazy, but soon after, the death rate dropped below 10%. this great knowledge which hadnt been developed by humans themselves was given to us by God thousands of years earlier, much earlier than industry, hospitals, and all the other developements had happened. now every hospital takes after that one, and it all began with the bible. you beleive that some other race helped the developement of the human race? didnt that race have to have an origin too? i beleive in a God that created everything, not just some god who goes around and every once in a while helps something happen a little bit, or just watches whats going on. he is active, living, creating, LOVING.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved