Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#48260 06/11/02 06:02 PM
OP Offline

Ok well I have trouble beleiving the asian based QI because I have a strong base in the Bible because I'm an Adventist. So, what could the healing be a result of if Qi doesn't exist? I've heard it's about certain brainwaves and the body's own healing abilities. So, what does everyone here believe about Qigong. Is it Qi, or is it natural healing?

#48261 06/11/02 06:15 PM
Hel Offline

Qi is natural.

#48262 06/11/02 07:28 PM
OP Offline

no Qi relates to eastern religion saying energy is in everything and everything is interconnected in the universe. thats crazy. how do you explain the creation of the universe if there is no God? or God is IN everything? come on... how could you beleive that

#48263 06/11/02 08:13 PM
OP Offline

i have this to add: deism is the religion saying God put himself into everyone and everything, so here's something i found on deism.com http://www.deism.com/adamandeve.htm

read genesis 1-3 and tell me how they came to their conclusion

#48264 06/12/02 06:12 AM

what if qi is love?

#48265 06/12/02 08:32 AM

Religon is Useless.It is someone elses Veiwpoint.Someone elses concept of The Greater Being. Qi is the essence of the Greater Being. The one on on communication
with the divine. With Qi you need no religion.You already have direct access.

#48266 06/12/02 08:36 AM
Hel Offline

quote:
God is IN everything? come on... how could you beleive that

So where do you think s/he is?

#48267 06/12/02 01:17 PM

With my physics background, I'm more inclined to believe the physics side of it (i.e. that there ARE energy channels running through the body). All energy originated from the Big Bang, however many billions of years ago that was (have they decided yet?). Conservation of Energy states that energy can't be created or destroyed, but it can be converted from one form to another. Einstein also stated that Energy and Matter are interchangeable (through his famous equation). Therefore everything in the universe originated from the Big Bang, so all the matter and energy are connected.

(Wow! Can I talk b****cks for Britain or what??? )

I am also inclined to believe that the reported miraculous healing powers of Jesus came from knowledge of a similar system to Qigong, Reiki or whatever.

How do we explain the creation of the universe if there is no God? Quantum mechanics. It's a crazy little microscopic world. It's also entirely possible (although it may seem unlikely) that our universe was created in a laboratory experiment inside another universe.

There's no direct proof that the universe was created in the Big Bang (although the evidence scientists have seem to point in that direction), but then there's no direct proof that God exists either.

#48268 06/12/02 08:03 PM

quote:
I am also inclined to believe that the reported miraculous healing powers of Jesus came from knowledge of a similar system to Qigong, Reiki or whatever.

So Im I. The three wisemen from the east story would seem to support that.. At the time of Jesus Buddism was already 500 years old. The three Wisemen from the East would have been Buddist monks who would have had the knowlege to teach Jesus how to do his miricales. All of the miricals of jesus can be reproduced by a Sho lin master.In cluding waliking on water.

[This message has been edited by WanderingBear (edited June 12, 2002).]

#48269 06/13/02 12:09 AM
OP Offline

when the wise men went to Jesus, He was a baby, they didnt teach Him anything they came to praise Him. I am sorry to say that there is currently no scientific proof of God, but the Big Bang is VERY unlikely, I say impossible. For one thing, there would have to be energy to be blasted into the matter that exists now. there would have to be something to start with, only God can make something out of nothing. if the universe has ABSOLUTELY nothing in it, this means there is nothing to react, explode, or Bang at all. if the universe were created by people from another universe, then how was their universe created? starting from absolutely nothing, no energy, no heat or cold, no matter or extra dimensions, nothing can react to anything so how would things just *form*? The reason i beleive God is a living God and not just a representation of the energy of the universe is because he talked to people, appeared to people, and was put in human form on earth as Jesus so we could be saved from hell for all of our sins. if you actually want to find out the truth, read the Bible and find me something that can be proven false. if you're not willing to read up on it, then you dont really want to know the truth. since i've said this, i would like to see links or references to anything relating to eastern religion, or whatever religion you think is the right one. im willing to read up on the information and see what i find.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved