Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#48280 06/14/02 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WanderingBear:
Your point being what? This planet is very old.in the Trillions of years. The material that this planet is made from is far older still.Not all the material was molten when this planet was formed.

Just to be pedantic, the Earth (and the Sun) are 4.6 billion years old.

Now, back to Neo-Matrix:

quote:

once again, there has to be SOME beginning, before the *unlimited amount of universes* existed, there was NOTHING in existance.

Why does there?

quote:

ok so you said that energy and matter could exist infinitely, and theres no way i could say otherwise since its beyond anyones comprehension, but i still say its far fetched, but thats just my opinion.

That's where you and I differ. You, as a religious person, find the idea of eternal matter and energy far fetched. I, as a physicist, find the idea of a supreme being far fetched. They are both beliefs, to which we are entitled.

quote:

from what ive read, you dont really keep an open mind, because if you did, you would be reading the bible right now,

There aren't enough hours in the day to do the things I am interested in, let alone the things I'm not.

quote:
to find out the truth.

The truth? Again, that's a very arrogant attitude to have - to say that everything in the Bible is absolute truth and that scientists and (more importantly) people of other religions are wrong. You imply that books like the Koran are just pages of lies. As I've said before, this attitude can only bring on trouble and hatred.

#48281 06/14/02 07:12 PM

Neo-Matrix,
It sounds like your taking a lot of flack so I'll jump on your side. God does exist. Without a doubt he exists. Albert Einstein said once to an athiest that "the more I learn about science, and of atoms, and of all the intricacies of life, the more I believe in God." This is coming from one of the most appraised intellectuals of all time. How can anyone think and meditate about their own existance and not believe in God? Think about the intricate parts of your own body. The neoro-system, the cardiovascular system, the eyes, the ears, everything and how they work perfectly well together. Does anyone believe that our bodies were created by chance? By some miraculous way of evolution? We cannot have happened by chance, it is completely impossible!! How do you explain a feeling? So anyway, I with you brother! If you would like to read something very profound and read the Book of Mormon and the story of Joseph Smith. I know the Mormons have had a bad wrap and there are a lot of rumors about them, but give it a chance, it totally backs up the bible and gives some profound insight to the explanation of God. You seem like an open minded person that does not make a judgment on something especially religion until you have studied it for yourself. That is the mark of a true intellectual.

#48282 06/14/02 07:12 PM
OP Offline

i dont think the Koran is lies, and i dont think scientists are wrong, but... i dont think that the Koran was written God inspired, at least not all of it. And as far as i know, hmm the Koran made people suicide into the WTC, and uh... the Nazi's used the great scientist Darwin, among other beleifs(militarism, white supremacy), but Darwinism, survival of the fittest, lead to the Germans thinking they were 'the fittest' and they should whipe out everyone unfit. the middle east is going to have problems no matter what because they all hate eachother already. which wars were caused by christians? oh by the way im not a christian, im an Adventist. Hel is taking a better approach at this, thanks Hel i read some of the information, ill get to the rest later when i have some time. well when you get some free time from your scientific whatever, try to look at the book, its not a big book...

#48283 06/14/02 08:21 PM

Your getting into Nucular Physics, That is the point in which matter is created from energy. Science has already dont this and has added a nuber of synthetic elements to the table of elements. All matter is created out of energy. And when matter is created in that manner it is solid from its begining.

#48284 06/14/02 09:13 PM
Hel Offline

Adventists aren't Christians?

#48285 06/15/02 12:47 AM
OP Offline

wanderingbear, i know that scientists have recreated every single rock and precious stone, even created new elements, but no scientist has ever been able to recreate granite even in the smallest amount. they can make Diamonds and Gold, but granite they cant touch. Adventists maintain most of the same things as Christians, but we dont assiciate ourselves with the christian churches because all other religions(jewish im not sure), all other religions worship the sabbath day on Sunday. Adventists saw that this was wrong, and that even the average athiest can see "the seventh day" as stated in the bible, is Saturday. the calendar hasnt changed until this brought problems to the catholic church, and even now those calenders arent sold to very many people, the regular calender is the correct one, and saturday is Sabbath. the catholic church covers up this mistake by stating that they have power over the bible, saying the Pope is God on earth. the bible also tells about the catholic church, its about a horn(church, or kingdom) coming up out of many others and that the horn would try to change set times and laws(catholics split one commandment into two, and eliminated one). there are very specific predictions made about this horn, how it would come, and when it would come, also what it would do. prophecies in the bible are so far never wrong.

#48286 06/15/02 06:28 AM

Theres alot that science hasnt figured out .Yet. Give it time.

#48287 06/15/02 07:17 PM
OP Offline

true... but have you noticed that thousands of intelligent scientists sit in a lab trying to find out ways to prove that it didnt take an intelligent being to create these things in the first place? hmm....

#48288 06/15/02 08:54 PM

Most scientists dont really think about that.There more conserned with finding out how things work and came to being on the physical level.They leave spiritual stuff up to religous organization. Most of them wont even touch that the issue of God.They have no evedence eather way.

#48289 06/17/02 01:49 PM

I don't plan to argue this topic any more. You have your beliefs and I have mine. I have no intention of trying to change your belief, and I'd hope that you'd have no intention to try to change mine.

However, I will say that what you write here:

quote:
Originally posted by Neo-Matrix:
And as far as i know, hmm the Koran made people suicide into the WTC

is a very narrow-minded view.

The Koran didn't cause the terrorists to fly into the WTC last September. Some of the terrorists may cite religion as the cause and so it's natural to think that their religion is evil. However, this is not the case. The terrorists didn't plan to attack America and Britain for religious reasons. But if that's what you want to believe, then what about the Crusades back in the middle ages? Is there a difference?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved