Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#48290 06/18/02 12:26 AM
OP Offline

lol i only meant that their view of the religion means to them that they can commit suicide without having bad karma or anything. im not saying thats the true meaning of the koran im just saying thats what it lead to. the ADVENTIST church, which i am in, has NOTHING to do with the crusades so dont even bring it up. i dont think killing people for a religious purpose is ever good. i am not being narrow minded about anything, dont place things of the catholic or christian church on my beleifs. i know the islamic religion isnt evil and the koran doesnt teach evil, i was only pointing out that those people used it as their basis. btw i do hope to change peoples beliefs because part of my religion is to witness, but i know satan works hard and is more intelligent than me, being thousands of years old and all... i hope some of you get your calling and dont reject it.

[This message has been edited by Neo-Matrix (edited June 17, 2002).]

#48291 07/18/02 02:34 PM

Gentle Beloveds,
we need to pause and take a deep breath: aaaahhhhhhhh! Sure, that feels better already.
I'm new to the group so excuse my intrusion. I think I posted my comments in the wrong topic area; actually, the two topics were going the same place and on the same issues.
PLEASE SEE MY COMMENTS UNDER THE TOPIC: Chi: The vital energy (page 3, last enty of 7/17/02).

Thank you all, and remember to breathe ....

#48292 07/18/02 04:17 PM

Neo,
forgive me but I didn't read all the earlier comments.
You mentioned you are an Adventist and Adventists are not Christians, or something like that. Sorry, but I always thought Adventists were part of Christendom (or Christianity). What are Adventists then, a separate religion on to themselves?
You also mention not to bring up the Crusades, and perhaps we should not bring up the inquisitions and other negative periods within Christianity's 2000 years history. You mention not to bring up Catholics and Protestants; but isn't this all part of the Christian legacy and history; the one comes with other; the good comes with the bad; the left comes with the right; satan comes with God (but this is another topic for another time); darkness comes with light; female comes with male; tails comes with heads; south comes with north. It you throw one part out, then you will have to throw the other parts out.
Yes, there has been negative times (and plenty of it) in christianity's history; but, that does not make Christianity evil or bad, etc. There has been plenty of negative history in the name of Islam; but, that does not necessarily mean Islam is evil or bad, etc. And, the same could be said of all other religions, societies, groups and governments, etc. We do not deny of cut off our unpleasant history; we learn and grow from it; and, hope not to repeat it.
I know this is a very delicate area, but did you know that Chrisitanity played a big part in that dark period of human history under the Nazi (as you call it). And, it is streatching it a bit too far, to say the least, to say it was Dawinianism as the main cause!

Neo, I'm in no way attacking you or your beliefs. I admire your stance and frankness. As I've said before in my "Chi:the vital energy" comments (page 3 #59), I nderstand where you are coming from.

And WanderingBear, there is much I can say concerning your comments. Enough to say, lighten up on Neo.

However, take time to breathe ... and smile ....
God loves you all, and so do I ....

#48293 07/20/02 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
what if qi is love?

Why do we wonder what it is when it is so natural? Just use it.

#48294 07/20/02 06:48 AM

Neo-Matrix said:
"And as far as i know, hmm the Koran made people suicide into the WTC"

What?!?

I'll take a line from my favorite pro-gun slogan: The Koran doesn't kill people... people kill people. Fanatics practicing a twisted and hateful version of Islam brought down those towers.

Everything I've ever read points to *true* Islam being a moderate, gentle and loving religion. No worse (and maybe better) than many others. Like anything else it is open to interpretation and, unfortunately, it is being turned into a political brainwashing tool by fundamentalists.

Speaking of fundamentalists... you seem less like someone seeking answers and more like someone with an agenda. I begin to question your motives...

You believe God created the Universe, someone else believes in the Big Bang. Both are interesting stories, but that's all they are and all they'll ever be, just unfinished stories. Don't expect and ending either, at least not in this lifetime.

What do I believe? I believe that Man is a story-telling ape. We tell ourselves stories of who we are, why we're here and how it all began. We spin our stories, both personal and collective, down through the days of our lives. We seek the comfort of our stories. They are our psychic campfires that keep the cold, implacable blackness of eternity and infinity at bay.

At least, that's the story I tell myself...

"I consider dogmatic belief and dogmatic denial very childish forms of conceit in a world of infinitely whirling complexity. None of us can see enough from one corner of space-time to know "all" about the rest of space-time." -- Robert Anton Wilson

"Who would you be without your story? There is no story that is you or that leads to you. Every story leads away from you. Turn it around; undo it. You are what exists before all stories. You are what remains when the story is understood." -- Byron Katie

#48295 07/23/02 04:32 AM

Okay. . .let me just add one more thing. . .

CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?

#48296 07/24/02 02:58 AM

Actually, if you read the works of Sitchin (http://www.sitchen.com), you might come to believe that all of you are correct from your viewpoint. It might sound hokey - the earth populated by creatures from another planet, but he has some really interesting points. He believes that yes, evolution did take place, but that it would take longer than humans took to develop on this planet. So we had a little help with someone using a little bio-engineering. It makes perfect sense to me - the way the bible and science fit together quite nicely.

Now I can believe in evolution, and that God or some universal power is a driving force in our universe, and that the bible is a historical account of how man was created by advanced beings.

And qi? I think it's some kind of energy like electricity or radio waves that exist but cannot be screen. Even the creation of life, where the sperm meets the egg, reminds me of positive and negative electrons creating a "spark", creating life, activating qi.

:-)

#48297 07/27/02 03:19 PM
OP Offline

wow this topic is still alive... ok well the reason the Adventists dont associate themselves with the christian church(technically we are christian but only because christian means you beleive in Christ) is because the catholic church began in the right information, but then made mistakes and tried to cover them up by changing the truth, they took power over countries and now they beleive they can do whatever they want. Protestants had the right idea in the beginning, but they started to unknowingly follow the non-biblical beleifs of the catholics. Adventists, however, developed their beleifs by deep study in history and the bible. We dont beleive in the rapture, we worship on the true sabbath, saturday, and there are many other beleifs we carry that differ from protestant and catholic beleifs.
I know for a fact that the pope is the anti-christ spoken of in the bible, and anyone who wants to know why i beleive this so strongly can email me at mrmatrixz@hotmail.com
you cant blame the adventist church or its people for any other religion's actions, like i cant blame you for something you didnt do. you cant see the future, and if you could you would see that Jesus will come back soon, eliminate all evil, and you're right. you cant have good without evil, but does the evil have to constantly exist? the evil will be remembered by everyone who experienced or witnessed it, and then evil wont have to exist as long as the memories stay there, and we see how foolish we were and never go back to those evil actions.
Look, i never said islamic religion was BAD!!! i never meant to imply that but i guess it came out wrong. every religion has bad spin-off religions, some adventists began to mistake the truth for something they beleived in, and then along came David Koresh. he was CRAZY. i know the texts he used for his beleifs, and they dont say to go around killing people like he beleived. some islams went crazy and thought that america was evil and went to teach us a lesson. dont bring up that one statement up again, because i know the truth, i just sometimes dont say what i mean.
You're right, im not seeking answers. i have found most of my answers, but if i find some here ill accept them. so far, i havent found anything i really needed to know. my motives are to share my answers even though most dont want to beleive them.
The reason it would've taken longer on this planet to develope is because we didnt develope, we were created. Before we had strict sanitation rules, everyone blamed the Jews for their sicknesses. Why? because the jews followed the rules of sanitation in the bible, and they didnt get sick. where did this wisdom come from? God. In hospitals, the death rate for giving birth was over 50%. a christian person who owned the hospital read the bible, and found out that people should was their hands inbetween an operation and a delivery. the people were confused and called him crazy, but soon after, the death rate dropped below 10%. this great knowledge which hadnt been developed by humans themselves was given to us by God thousands of years earlier, much earlier than industry, hospitals, and all the other developements had happened. now every hospital takes after that one, and it all began with the bible. you beleive that some other race helped the developement of the human race? didnt that race have to have an origin too? i beleive in a God that created everything, not just some god who goes around and every once in a while helps something happen a little bit, or just watches whats going on. he is active, living, creating, LOVING.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved