Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48642 09/30/02 04:53 PM
OP Offline

I've been looking into the Animal Frolics Qigong system largely due to a book I read recently called "The Way of the River" by BK Loren. In the book it told of how one morning she was doing the deer frolics out in a wilderness area. While she was doing them, some actual deer approached her, and she said she felt like she began to actually communicate with them. It was actually kind of interesting.

Anyway I found some videos and a book by John Du Cane (also in Minnesota) that teach the Five Animal Frolics. I found it interesting that Chunyi Lin was actually mentioned on the page where they sell these products. http://www.dragondoor.com/b12.html

Has anyone else here practiced the Animal Frolics? It looks like they are more complicated than Spring Forest, but also more fun.

#48643 10/01/02 12:09 PM

Hi-
I've practiced them..
They are a Taoist, active form of qigong. I guess I would describe them as shamanistic.
The animal experience you mention could happen with any form of qigong or good energywork. It simply has to do with energy and being open. I think you have to be at a higher level of physical movement ability to enjoy them, and get any benefit from them. I revisit them occassionally, but know more about them in hindsight, having taken SFQ. They are not taught with much detail, other than the movement itself. In my opinion, they are not as good, in and of themselves, as the balanced qigong "program" (active/inactive) offered as SFQ. I do like them though, and, their purpose is for healing. I will send you a bit more info in an email.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved