Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#48697 10/21/02 07:54 PM

Hi,
I have been travelling , and very busy with personal things and work. I have been practicing alot, and I am feeling the need for more quiet. This is not an intellectual decision, it is just happening. We are also moving into the winter season. I am being led this way, nothing to do with my previous feelings questioning my posts. I'm around... Thank you for the prayers and kind thoughts. My mother is not doing well, but I am sure you all have your families and challenges too, and I send my love to you also.
It is ok to do yoga and qigong, but as I may or may not state well enough later in this post, there are other things I mention later, that are more important. That said, it is better to practice them at different times, if it is a complete, in depth cycle of experience, although, it then gets into time restrictions, and whether or not you are honoring either method with an "alternation" of routine. It is a tall order to master any one thing, let alone two things. How much time do you have? Sometimes one system "can" provide a puzzle piece, or stretch, to release something you've needed to release, or help you move through a stage of development, or contribute greater understanding or experience of something. If you are more advanced, you can figure this out, what's right.... If you are a beginner in these things, pick one thing and learn it, don't dilute your beginning practice. You won't miss the boat. It is best to have a foundation in something. Very advanced practice gets back to simpilicity, returns to basics, moves towards emptiness. You 'can' just immerse in one thing and reach the same end. If you are a good person, and are "doing the work" so to speak, you move in the same direction as the masters. The rate of progress or "how high" the level, can be great accomplishment, but moving in the right direction is 'most' important, and you are all doing that.
It is always helpful to call on the master's energy. This is 'your' connection for whatever you decide to practice. It supports your self empowerment. If you decide to pursue some yoga, that is fine. Better ,if you bring in the master's energy to help you do it in a healing way, for you. Or , ask your master in the first place. Some meditation...This gift of awareness concerning the master's energy, is from Master Lin to you. A type of energy to bring in. A connection to go to. a process.. Be aware and respectful of that source of process, even if you are doing other things. It is meant to be connected to all the time. It ties your experiences together on a spirital level. You operate on a higher level. "It invokes a higher level of guidance." Make your decisions through this relationship, and trust it. It is your own personal connection to wisdom, and the master's energy helps you to learn from what ever you are choosing to do, or guided to do, and safeguards how you integrate it. In my own experience, 'I practice qigong', even, if I incorporate some yoga sourced stretching. I also practice a 'type' of qigong, even if I am doing some other exercise. It is an alignment that determines this. I always bring in the master's energy. Align with the same source. It is more a choice of what high level source one chooses to align with. I see this alignment, more as defining what type of qigong you do. Even if it expresses itself through SFQ. What is SFQ? Just a set of exercises? I don't think so. Someone focusing more on yoga, may do the same in reverse, liking some qigong information, but aligning with their yoga path or master as they integrate something, temporarily , or more permanently. I do think as one heals, and the body's physical health gets in balance, it gets back to doing less "things" , and more emptiness, probably best experienced in simple meditation. I think we tend to flail around a bit with all the great offerings out there, and often 'intellectually divert our progress'. Great Taoist wisdom, " the mind is still, when the spirit is in control. the mind is active, when knowledge dwells in it." I love that one. I gotta go, I hope I was coherent, I just got off the plane! I helped my seat mate, whom I didn't know. She was nervous about flying, and ended up holding her airsick bag. I had her do some simple breathing, and got her out of her nervous thoughts, which was affecting her stomach. So many people need help out there. Practice your qigong . Spread the wealth.

#48698 10/21/02 08:17 PM

oh, Michael,,,,about the three pure ones...
I am still working on it! Three did come out of nothing in this sequence or way.. I don't know the order, or detail of event. The yin energy and yang energy emerged (two), and their integration, the tai chi (as in tai chi symbol), was regarded as the 'three', from one source I encountered. How this three and the three pure ones relate, I don't know. I am working on it! They both connect to truth, and are at the same level of subtle energy emergence relative to the Wuchi. It's good not to have all the answers. I may ask Master Lin about this sometime..., but, for now, I enjoy the questions...

#48699 10/21/02 08:59 PM
OP Offline

Gallen! Good to see you're doin' ok.. Thank you, as always for the input on Yoga and SFQ. I was actually looking at Yoga as a exercise for stretching, not enlightenment. I hadn't planned on doing it the same time as SFQ.

Everyone here, has been so nice. If you all would like to see what I look like, check out my profile on yahoo. (I just like to know who I'm talking to, so if you have pics posted, let me know) I'm Celestialsecrets. You'll like my favorite quote..

Have a great day!

Diana

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved