Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

If there are balance issues with eyes open then perhaps you need to drop your center more. Here are a couple of suggestions:

- Bend the supporting knee a little more. You will feel more of a positive burning in the supporting leg. Not necessary to over due, you will find your comfort zone as you experiment.
- You can think of sinking your center as you raise your knee. As if there was a counter force pulling your tail bone down to the earth.
- Don’t extend the rising leg too far, this may through your center/balance off as you raise your hands on the inhale.
- Play with the balance threshold.
--Play with it by doing less of the mechanical and more visual. This will help you find where your comfort level is with the movement. From there you can extend the range as your balance improves over time and it will.

Someone with more experience then I in this form can perhaps shed some light and validate or invalidate my statements. These are some of the things I have found that help others with balance issues.

Much love and light to you Good luck

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited September 17, 2003).]

Re: the balancing issue. When I first did them I had no problem. Later I realized I was supposed to point my toes. When I started doing this. I had more difficulty. I noticed that rising foot was being kept in-line with my supporting leg.

I find that move is easier by checking two things. The first is making sure the supporting leg is not locked (slight bend at the knee). I was locking it when I worked on pointing the toe. The second isto allow rising leg to be a couple inches forward; say with the sole parallel with the front of the supporting leg's shin. I still don't have the balance I had, but it is a lot better.

P.S. thanks for the preparing of meditation area comment. It's amazing which details you pick-up and which you let roll by.

Sending love,
Iam2

Cool Ascending1.
Check the times and content of the two above posts.

Sending love,
Iam2

Hehehe, that is to funny Iam2

Another thought to ponder. Sometimes what people experience when raising their arms and visualizing energy rising in there bodies is a feeling of top heaviness. You can simulate this with a partner by standing straight, locking you knees and raising your shoulders. With this posture try to resist toppling over as your partner gently pushes you (with one finger even) from the side. You will inevitably topple over.

In contrast, drop your shoulders and bend the knees slightly adjusting the spine and have your partner push you from the side again kind of as if they are pushing from one shoulder into the other. What you will find is you have a more solid foundation. If you apply the principle of sinking your center as previously explained, you will find that your balance is stronger and improves faster over time.

One magician friend of my told me that when he pushes his luck, luck pushes back.

One way to get around luck is to adopt and additude of total optimism. The pessemist sees the danger in every oportunity, the optimist sees the oportunity in every danger. To use the example my magic friend gave me, he was playing D&D and using his power over luck to get "good" dice rolls. The bounce back came when he got a traffic ticket going home. The thing is with games that use dice, "good rolls" are sometimes high rolls, sometimes low rolls... it depends on the game, and on circumstances within the game.

Just know that you're strong enough to take care of whatever fate throws your way. Do take care of the feng shui around you, and be nice to your dog.

Good luck to you.

Hehe, there is no such thing as luck, good or bad. Like attracts like. You attract to yourself what your thoughts create. Your past thoughts create your present reality. Your current thoughts are setting up your future situation.

Every self-improvement system has at its core the promise of releasing negative thoughts. It doesn't matter how many affirmations, subliminals, paraliminals, self-hypnosis sessions you do, if you continue to perpetuate negative self-talk, you have effectively cancelled out your positive efforts. Positive thoughts make the body go strong and negative thoughts make the body go weak, as verified by applied kinesiology testing (I've seen this many times).

You have to remove those negative attractor fields that create those blockages. If you practice qigong diligently, your open channels and greatly increased qi flow will help you become more harmonious and balanced. You'll feel great all the time and attract good things into your life.

[This message has been edited by shr33m (edited September 17, 2003).]

When I read the original post, my first thought was that this person doesn't know what qigong is, or they wouldn't have said that! For many, it is a new experience. Don't put a dark 'mysterious' possibility in this new experience. It isn't there, so don't go there... It is, what it is. Energywork to help you attain a natural state of being. A greater awareness of the truth of the universe.
Regarding seven steps, and balance.
Remember that your weight is already centered, and low, in the horse stance you stand in, for the whole set of exercises, prior to doing seven steps. Awareness of this grounded position helps, as you move to one leg, like the idea of sinking/centering mentioned, but, you are in fact already there from your previous position. I think the 'shift' is more important to pay attention to. Shifting your 'center', or aligning it over the one leg, finding that center, before you pick up your foot. Bringing your foot that you are going to lift, 'to' that center and up.
The movement can be very even. Height can stay the same, as you shift the center over one leg. Sometimes that 'sink' can help, doing it more with your heightened awareness and 'breath', than actually lowering your whole structure, which would put more strain on that one leg. Try sinking your breath/awareness down as you shift, maybe, even with the exhale cycle of breath. Let the energy sensation heighten down through your legs into the earth. Your 'ground' stablizes you. This can be your 'sinking', within the structure staying the same height. Sink the energy. Find your center. Raise the foot within that new centerline that you've established. It is important to move slowly, so you can come to the position, and not go over, and loose balance. Your feet are both planted in the previous postion of a 50/50 shoulder width horse stance. If you shift, and pick up your foot at the same time, it is easy to loose your balance. Rather, if you 'shift' your weight, first, find your centerline over your one leg, then move your free foot over, and lift up.. You can try this out of context of the exercise. Just do that shift and lift a few times to experience it. Remember too, that if you have done the whole set as given, you have been in a 50/50 stance for fifty some minutes. It takes some time in practice to shift out of that to one leg. It will improve with time. Standing on one leg is in many qigong/gungfu practices. The ability to stand on one leg is a basic. If you stood on one leg for some time, then put both feet down in a 50/50 position, you would feel a heightened sensation of being really grounded, with both feet down. More so, than if you always practiced just a 50/50 stance. In the martial perspective, you couldn't, in theory, kick, if you can't pick up one foot and stay balanced. Energetically, you should feel that free leg almost float up effortlessly, with the energy within coming up within the intention of the movement(energy moving up and down). Although I don't practice tai chi, I felt, through this movement, I understand how a kick would be done in that style. No tension, open,,,the leg almost floating up on its own, due to the energy, not a muscular lift. Also, the foot 'pointing' down, is relaxed, not a tension 'flexed' position. You should feel light, relaxed, and in an effortless state. Your feet are open, no tension.. You might think of that cylinder that you opened up in the first exercises, like a column of energy you are standing in... It extends into the earth and up to heaven. As the energy moves up and down in this exercise,in this column, you get to go along for the ride, with the energy helping you move effortlessly.
P.S. Shr33m,
I wanted to thank you personally for something you mentioned a few months ago, that I followed up on, and I experienced good results. Your email address is not listed. If you email me, I will be more specific, but otherwises, thank you. My current email is down, so I am temporarily using gallenbenson@yahoo.com.
Also, regarding the kinesiology... I think it is a good thing. Very useful, but I would want to mention that in higher levels of SFQ, psychic abilities can be developed to a high degree, regarding anything you would apply kinesiology to. The only challenge is the required study(meditation) to achieve a highly intuitive state. Kinesiology is more accessible, I am assuming, to more people at many levels. If one is focused in SFQ practice, and you pursue levels 3 and 4, as Master Lin has stated, it is a complete system. This is said in the fullest sense of the word complete. There are personal preferences and aspects that one can bring into one's SFQ practice, but in the long haul, all the technique and method is presented , to help one self heal, heal others, raise their level of consciousness, regenerate, etc.., along with developing one's psychic abilities to a very high level.
love,
gallen

Hello Gallen,

No need to thank me personally I suspect I know why.

I agree that psychic abilities can be developed in SFQ as well as other systems. It is first necessary to clear out energy blockages and accumulate energy in the lower dantien.

Yes, applied kinesiology is accessible to the masses. So are techniques found in Silva Ultramind ESP and remote viewing protocols.

Glad to hear that your SFQ L4 training went well last month. May the power be with you!

shr33m

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Iam2

Realize that by just saying the password and connecting to the master's energy, the work your doing is protected.

The recommendation to ask your master to go ahead of you is good to prepare a new area that you maybe doing some long and deep meditation work in, is not from the sense of clearing bogymen or whatever else our worries concern us about, but more to create a space that is energetically and spiritually supportive of the whole process.

Your doing work based in Love, kindness and forgiveness. That is it's intent. That is what healing is at at it's core. And to put it in Sch33m's attractor-field paradigm -that's what it's drawing to it and that's all.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited September 18, 2003).]

Thank you. Sometimes the message recieved is not the one sent, but the one needed. You spoke nothing terribly new Shawn, but the effect on me is new.

Thanks to you and all who helped me to this point.
Sending love,
Iam2

P.S. Just for you interest (if it exists). I'll approach the exercises with the motivation of building myself to serve as a tool the help those I love (a every growing group). Doing it for me seems wrong, or at least less right. That's what your words gave me Shawn.

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited September 18, 2003).]

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved