Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Hi Folks,

LivingHigh actually mentioned a very important point. Social skills are the most important ones. They remain on the top of skill pyramid. Someone who can deal with people
lead them, motivate them, train them, sell them goods and services is always sought after as a Manager, Coach, Salesman etc.

By always I mean under all economic situations these people are sought after and
of course get the highest income.

The reason that most people shy away from these positions is that they have so many
blocks when dealing with other people.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Frodo02 (edited October 16, 2002).]

Some taxes are indeed the same or nearly the same over whole the European Union.
But others are not.
That makes that Belgians pay more tax than the surrounding countries (and a lot more than for example the US).
From the other hand, we have a very good social security system, some towns offer free public transport, very good medical care (no long waiting lists like in some other countries), etc.
Like I said, I suppose every system has it advantages and disadvantages.

I like the diversity between countries though. Would I travel for pleasure to Denmark or another country when those countries would be 100% the same as my own country ?
I doubt it. It's just because of all the differences that makes traveling interesting. One can learn enormously from those differences.
The same goes for people. It would be very boring if everyone would act or think the same way I do.
I always try listening to other people without judging them. Even if they think completely different than I do, in general, one can learn something from it.
In fact, the more their thinking or acting differs from mine, the more potential learning is hidden in there.

Patrick

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved