Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#49327 09/28/03 12:50 AM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, since it's a slow day. I'll share my mental ramblings while doing joining yin and yan today.

As with all my stories, it all started way back when I over-heard someone (Whom shall remain nameless) saying they had visualized their faimily s in the energy ball receiving energy. Since that time I've modified my own visualizations during this exercise. One that I have normally left little connection with.

I've visualized myself in the energy ball. I visualized it as model of a ball of energy around me. I've visualized my own family in the ball.

Today, while moving my hands over the spinning energy ball I visualized an energetic flow from the ball to my lower dantian. It wasn't a rigid conduit. It was like the Sci Fi pictures. The bright almost snake like arms, with well defined boundaries. In other words a nicely visualized flow.

I then imagine more of these arms leaving the ball and connecting to the lower dantian of the sleeping family. I then imaged each in turn, within my visualization. I performed a small universe on them for a few cycles. All the while visualizing the flow of energy to the lower dantian. I felt like a good thing I could do for them.

I'll just add that my own connection to the energy via this visualization was good. I mean that it felt good. As opposed to feeling nothing, as I normaly do.

Just thought I'd share.
Sending love,
Iam2

Got my SFQ course a few days ago. I am still in the process of learning the active exercises, but when doing Moving of Yin and Yang as I move my left hand (yin) up and right hand (yang) down I don't need to move my hands, they feel like they are being magnetically drawn up and down. This happened from about the 3rd revolution on the first night. It feels as though I have to slow them down abnd work against the pull, but when moving them towards their respective areas (yin, lower body. Yang, upper body) it just feels normal.

Last night (my second time doing active exercises) I really felt the energy ball in my hands while doing the Joining of Yin and Yang. Same thing, felt as though my hands were sliding around a magnetically charged sphere, (this time pushing my hands away from each other) I could actually feel it, the smaller the sphere the more warmth and magnetic strength (repulsive) I felt pushing against my hands.

Both nights now I have hopped into bed and instantly gotten tired and fallen straight to sleep. I have suffered from insomnia for basically all my life and can't even remember the last time this has happened. I also find that I have quite a few twitches afterwards and know from my meditation that this is caused from energy channels opening up.

I think I have had a real imbalance of Yin and Yang in my body for a long time. Just a guess, though.

Just from these past few days of reading about and practicing Qigong I really feel an increase in compassion and unconditional love for all humankind. This has been my goal through meditation for the past little while. Could this be because rather than just an hour to an hour and a half a day of meditation, it has been increased by about twofold through practising SFQ?

I'm not sure, but many weird and wonderful things are happening in my body and life. Too many to mention here as this was supposed to be a short post.

To even it out though after the first day my back, neck and shoulder felt much looser, but today the pain in all has increased more than usual. I am not worried about this but see it as part of the healing process. I have had problems in these areas for quite some time which is the reason for getting SFQ. It will take a while to move these stubborn blockages no doubt.

Wishing all much happiness, love and healing in their lives and those around them.

Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Who says it's supposed to be short.

I loved your post. I think it's great you feel this exercise so powerfully.

I must say that the longer I make the exercise sessions the better they are.

Thanks for sharing. Sending love,
Iam2

Awakening:
My experience has been very much different from yours. I started SFQ last week. I did a few of the active exercies and the small universe meditation. There was so much energy going through my body I thought I was going to take flight! I also have problems sleeping and the exercises excaberated it so I am taking a break this weekend and going to start back Monday. My main reactions were itching and too much energy. For those of you wondering, I consume NO caffeine(ever) and I exerise one hour for three days a week. I'm hoping this excess energy will eventually level out.
Keep me posted on how you progress.

Warm regards,
Heartbeat

Wow grate experiences all the way around. Awakening what an appropriate name for you and you are fortunate that you are so sensitive to the energy this early on. Most people do not feel the energy that strong in the beginning. Thought I would mention that because from you perspective it might seem like it would be quite normal. You are correct that the increase in pain is due to the movement of energy and the healing process it is a continuation of transformation for you no doubt.

Awakening, I would only comment on cautions of affirming any limiting beliefs. You may already be aware of this but just incase I’ll point out what I noticed. Where you said that “ I have had problems in these areas for quite some time….,,, It will take a while to move these stubborn blockages no doubt.” This type of belief can slow the process for you. Better yet is to state that these blockages are easily dissolved and moved out with each practice of SFQ, I am becoming clearer and clearer etc. Or something like that would server you better. Just thought I would share the thought as it appeared too jumped out at me.

Heartbeat, the only difference in your experience is that the energy you have built up may need to be grounded. I take it you are doing Qigong before bed, therefore you are possibly over energized? If so whether before bed or not consider focusing on the grounding portion of the exercise. Such as the closing sequence where you stand on toes and drop your heals. Think of relaxing the whole body so that as you drop to your heal you can feel the whole body reverberate from the gentle thump. Perhaps a couple of extra ones with the thought of grounding excess energy into the earth to help mother earth heal is another good visual. Also when you are rubbing your stomach visualize as in the meditation the ball getting smaller and smaller compressing the size of a pill may help. Have you tried meditating before bed?

Ascending:

Your suggestion for grounding is a good one. Actually, I have been doing the Qigong in the mornings and this morning at 5:00, I seemed to be able to do the exerises more smoothly and I was more coordinated. I did not do the small universe meditation this morning so maybe that is what caused the previous excess energy. Also, I called upon a Master this time to be with me and keep me from getting too 'out there'. I feel better about how it went this time.

I appreciate your advice!

Warm regards,
Heartbeat

Hey Heart,
I have been trying the early morning shift myself. Try this if it fits your schedule. I would do the exercise and at the end just before rubbing hands I stop the video then I would do a sitting meditation small universe. After the sitting meditation I would start the video back up and then do the whole ending sequence. I would do the head stuff still sitting down by that time I am a little more grounded and can stand for the rest of I the patting out etc. I have just started this and it seems to flow pretty well.

Thanks Iam2 for starting this thread and to others for responding. It was me who mentioned putting my family in the ball. My experience of this exercise has recently been very inspiring - a real feeling of energy which almost pushes my hands out. I think this has happened because I'm trying to relax and pay attention to what I'm feeling. This sounds like a contradiction perhaps but I know what I mean! I started experimenting with putting my family in the ball because of someone else's comment on the forum.

Can I invite us to experiment with putting other things in the ball and see what happens? It is a common part of many techniques to visualise and perhaps here is a way to visualise positive future events within an energy ball. Can any of the more experienced people on the forum see a problem with doing this? - it seems like a 'logical' extension.

Love

Kev

Kev,
My only hesitation to this would be that the exercise itself has a certain goal and purpose. What you are doing is not wrong and is grate but it can also be done in a meditation all on its own. The focus of the exercise you started to connect with, that energy repelling and expanding is where you might want to focus most of your attention. There is plenty there to tune into, with regards to personal well being circulating energy, visualization and so on. I’m not suggesting in stopping it, just to not lose site of the foundation of the practice which should be the focus of your attention.

I started thinking that even if you were feeling healthy that this would not be a bad thing to add. Then it occurred to me that part of the focus of the exercise is to sense and build your internal chi energy. With all that is going on in the exercise you are also building upon your sensing ability. At least I think that is where the intention is intended to be, no pun. What you have done has allowed you to connect more with the energy; this should help you and can be used to refocus into the exercise.

The hidden benefits to the exercise as I see it would be as follows:
1) You connect with the energy.
2) Increase your awareness of the energy.
3) Relax breath slowly, adjust posture accordingly relax some more.
4) Slow movement down and focus awareness, coordinate breathing with movement.
4) Increase your sensitivity to the energy.
5) Increase you own energy storage capacity.
6) With all of that going on you are clearing blockages opening channels
7) Tap into the emptiness with your mind and clear the chatter.
8) Tune into grater awareness of purpose ect.
9) Building a stronger foundation from which to heal others.

I suspect there is probably more but this is just a few off the top of my head that I see that can be gained and focused on from the exercise.

Perhaps others have some comments or suggestions?

Much love to you all

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited September 30, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited September 30, 2003).]

Hi everyone:

This is incredible stuff. I plant my feet on the floor and I move my hands around and I have feelings of empowerment and strength that I never had before. Believe me, I was BORN a passive person(not that I am aggressive now). It is a feeling of mental and physical strength. I am liking this. I am REALLY liking this.

Heartbeat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved