Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah, I checked them out right away.

She had resent me the one with all three of us. The one you forwarded I could not open.

I'll have to down load them one at a time.... when I take 20 minutes from everything else. As it is, I just bought two more books at noon. One on fasting and one an anthology of papers from healers.

P.S. I suspect that a flame from polar bear fat would be quite yellow and sutty.

P.P.S. Wow, that was a quick delivery. Did she even have to bare-down?

You are perfection,
Iam2

P.P.S. I'm quite sure you send yourself that message all the time Michael.

Iam2,

Can you give a quick description about the two books? What led you to buy them?

Love and Light to all

Michael

Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

First the books:
Fasting can save your life, by Herbert M. Shelton.

Healers on Healing, edited by Richard Carlson.

Why...

Well Michael you know where I work. I took a stroll into the chinese area at lunch to buy some black sesame seed. Found them the first store I tried. I even bought two different black sesame seed snacks... one went straight into the garbage. Yuk! Tasted like ash. The other is fine.

I was heading to another store for some batteries for my tape player; need those for the smaller universe meditation at lunch. On the way there, I saw a used book store I'd never seen before. Not only used books, but all new age and the like books. After a few minutes of browsing I see there are some headings. One is Healing, so of course I have a scan.

Why these books? Well you know my germans work overtime. That's a left brain reference for the rest of you people. You also know that I'm committed to really doing this Qigong right. I think of my related dream from the retreat as least once a week. I've already picked up a book that surveys several different meditation styles. The Healers on Healing book is by the "Don't sweat the small stuff series". I have several of those... they are kind of sappy and common sense, but 1 out of 10 is personally useful. I figured that this is a good survey book on healing in general. I believe there is a great commonality to all healing. Here's a chance to get a tastes from many dishes in one book (about 30 articles by different healers).

For some reason Chunyi's comments about fasting techniques has stuck with me. One day fasting is common in many religions. The idea has popped up in my mind a few times, without queuing. Besides, it was only $3. The other book only cost me $7.

$10 bucks to feed my curiousity, if I every get some time.

Well, I've got a yin yan water and black sesame seed post to type before going to bed.

We have to get some face time Michael and bring Dan in on it too.

You are perfection,
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited October 02, 2003).]

Thanks for your comments and guidance Ascending1, you were right, I was limiting myself with the belief that it may take some time to heal! Don't know how that one slipped in there but thank you for pointing it out.

Iam2, I can't wait to start doing longer sessions. At the moment I am following the video for guidance but will soon go to the tape and from there go to doing them by myself. Thanks for starting this thread too.

Heartbeat, it is great to hear of your experiences and enjoyment of the energy you have connected to. It is also nice to know of someone else who has started at around the same time as myself. It will be good to know how each of us progress in our own ways.

To keep you updated on my progress, I can now feel the energy much more strongly in the exercises. The moving and joining of Yin and Yang continue to be my favourite exercises and now when doing the moving exercise my hands simply move all the way round in the energy stream that I can feel! It is amazing. Especially when they both turn at the top and bottom of the path simultaneously and I can feel my hands being turned by some other force than my own.

In the joining exercise I realised that I was holding my hands a bit too close together (because I felt the energy much stronger this way) but now can do it at the correct size and feel the energy there quite strongly. What helped me here was that I noticed that Master Chunyi had a very subtle way in which he started the roll of the energy with his fingers in his movements on the video. (Watch his top hand to see what I mean) Since I mimicked this movement with whatever hand was at the top of the energy sphere, the other hand is automatically drawn into motion with it and I now subsequently feel the energy more strongly.

As I have gotten acquainted with the other exercises and can do them while going into the emptiness (rather than concentrating getting my technique right), I have begun to feel the energy drawing my hands around and feel it in my body more strongly while doing them as well.

This prompts my next question.

When I try to do the visualisations I can actually feel the energy weaken and my hands grow cold, however if I simply let myself go into the emptiness, it becomes much more powerful and I can just let the energy dictate corrections in my posture and movements. (While sticking to Chunyi's instructions) If I become distracted I then use the visualisations to bring my mind back to focus and the emptiness.

Is it ok not to do the visualisations? It feels much more powerful if I simply let my mind go. I like to do the visualisation of the energy column in the forming of Yin and Yang and then when when I feel my hands grow warm and can feel the energy I prefer to just feel the energy and concentrate a little on that while clearing my mind and trying to become one with the universe.

oh, when doing the seven steps I find that it helps to visualise the energy coming up to each of the seven levels and then back down again. Besides I couldn't go into the emptiness if I tried at the moment I am so wobbly when doing it

I can also see the benefit in Kev5's suggestion of visualising others in the energy ball. What a great idea! I know what you mean by relaxing, I think it is similar to what I have explained above?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this post, I haven't had the chance lately.

Sending love and wishing happiness to all the wonderful people who post here.

P.S. Iam2, I like your ending phrase and read on a previous post somewhere that it makes you feel good to send out love to others. I agree with you wholeheartedly, is it OK if I use it too?

P.P.S. Congratulations on your little one Shawn and thanks for your guidance and knowledge in this forum.

Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for sharing your experience awakening one. I really feel that this sharing will help us all. I picked up several ideas from your post.

Fist is that I too have notice that subtle changes in the posture and movements can greatly change the feel. Watching Master Lin is great for seeing these subtlies. Two of mind are: the leading with the elbos in and a slight rotation of the hands at the top and bottom of Moving Yin and Yang. I'll watch the video again for the hand action in Joining Yin and Yang.

I do my exercises in silence as opposed to watching on TV because I don't want to wake the rest of my family... anymore than I already do. I also spend a lot of time on the first for exercise. Sometimes not even getting to the last two. Usually only doing one of them.

I don't go into the emptiness except in the first exercise. I treat it like the tangerine technique in PhotoReading. I go through that door and leave it behind. I've been spending quite a long time in this exercise lately. Trying to fully feel the emptiness, I think it is getting stronger for me.

I still have a significant amounts of mental chatter while doing the exercises. I deal with it differently, I think I may try and going through that emptiness door. You're experience seems so good.

My best experiences seem to be when I can completely emmerse myself in the exercise. Visualizing and feeling.

I find that I'm still constantly correcting myself. I find that taking it as a gentle reminder and smiling at the helpful information, and not expecting myself to have totally mastery is when I things go best.

As for the closing. Of course use it. Actually I'll thank for reminding of why I started using it. It FEELS good to do it. Also I've started using a different message, and I've notice that lately my connection to that feeling is not a present with me, so I may flip back and forth. My new message is best when I have the feeling present.

You are perfection,
Iam2

P.S. I'm feeling it, thanks to your post.

Awakening:

I will keep you posted with my Qigong experiences. Since we started around the same time, it will be interesting to share our thoughts.
Right now, I am ready to go out the door and it will be tomorrow night before I get a chance to put my thoughts together.
Shawn, congratulations on your little one. Thanks for your guidance here.
I am so grateful for what I am learning here.

Heartbeat

Now you mention it, I too saw how in the Moving of Yin and Yang that Master Chunyi had the slight rotation of hands and I also noted how the hand closest to the body seemed to stay parallel with it until it was up near the neck. When I changed to this action, that was when I felt that my hands stayed within the energy for the full rotation.

I caught up on the posts here Iam2 and I saw how you had changed your ending phrase. Was a bit behind the times. Do you think possibly that best could be "Sending love to all and choosing to see the perfection in everything"? Probably not, but I think I may have coined an ending phrase that I really like. Thank you for the inspiration.

Iam2 & awaken, ahhh not to be confused with I am to awakening which I am doing but I was actually referring to you guys. Kind of cool I get to affirm at the same time.

I also noticed the subtlety of the movement and how it effects the awareness of the energy between the hands. What I noticed is not only the mechanical but also the mood; speed and intentions all play a subtle roll. Iam2, that shift with the elbows made a big difference for me especially with the expanding and contracting. Having the elbows lead the movement allowed me to sense the energy actually pushing the hands out, very cool. Master Lin also varies his hand positions on occasion leading with the wrist and letting the fingers lag behind in the movement, this also provides a different feel for me.

On rolling the ball if I try to maintain keeping both palms facing each other I seem to get a better awareness of the constant energy. I also noticed that Master Lin would on occasion rotate the ball so that there would be no end point such as rotating clockwise then counter clockwise with stop points at the ends just before changing direction. What I noticed is that on occasion it is as if the hand rising moves forward and then down the front of the ball while the lower hand comes up in opposition. Just a thought I wanted to share incase it helps you in the way your sharing helped me.

Awakening, you had questioned if it was necessary to do the visualization. I think the answer would be yes at least in my opinion it would be. You would want to continue the practice because the visualization has its importance in working with the energy. I think it is normal to bounce back and forth with what feels good and what you still have to work at. It is all about intention so if you happen to get into the emptiness, lets say 80% of the time then occasionally 20% of the time tap into the visual you would still be ahead of the game. Eventually the feelings would be automatic in all you do throughout the exercise. At least that is my goal. Think of the visual as focused self-healing time also a time to learn skills for the healing of self and others later on.

You are spot on Ascending1 I have been having good results with the visualisations lately. I practice Zen meditation (simply going into the emptiness) and also use Holosync and have always used this method for it too.

I think my problem was that when doing the visualisations I would come out of my meditative state. I was trying too hard to visualise the energy. By this I mean picture it in my head. I now start by visualising it but also willing it, then feeling for it and if I can feel it I then concentrate on the energy in my body and the sensations caused by it. Mainly at the moment I feel it with my hands.

Feeling sensations in my body has always helped me in my meditation. I guess you could say it was a focus point for me to help go deeper. I always thought it was simply chemical releases such as endorphins etc, now I am not so sure. The feelings I am getting with Qigong seem to be different though. More continuous rather than simply surges.

My advice to anyone would be to just KNOW that you can will the energy and don't limit yourself in any way. Ascending1 set me straight when I didn't even realise I was doing it. He has helped me tremendously, I have no limits now, either does anyone else. Practice, practice, practice. Open your energy channels. Meditate and practice going into the emptiness. Be virtuous. The power is out there for anyone wishing to use it for the good of all.

Sending love and trying to think of a sign out that doesn't plagiarise Iam2's

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved