Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#49502 10/15/03 05:31 AM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello all,
This is not the best timing, as I am leaving on a trip tomorrow morning, but, I have thought about something quite often. It comes up when people post, that are dealing with helping their loved ones, and, often are just getting into SFQ, and the clock is ticking. I am thinking of Rosebud and her father, awhile ago,,and,just yesterday/today, elessadil and her father, Kevin's kids ... whomever... It would be good to try some group healings with the SFQ forum group. Set some specific, coordinated times to focus our energy towards someone who could use the help. Anybody up for that?? It would be a positive and powerful way to respond to people who come to this forum for help, a way for everyone involved to learn and experience too. Again, I am leaving for a week, tomorrow morning. Maybe , make yourself known if you think its a good idea, or if you want to try this out. It would be a good transformational use of this medium, and could grow into a large group and alot of energy. I would be happy to help out, or maybe Shawn is interested??

love,
gallen

#49503 10/14/03 06:08 PM

Gallen - I have been thinking the exact same thing! I'm glad you brought it up. I would definitely be interested in such a group endeavor. My dad is battling cancer (85 yrs. old) and he and my mom (80 yrs. old) take care of my 62-year-old sister who is brain damaged from a car accident in 1976. She needs full, constant care, as she cannot speak or control any motor functions of her body at all. They have taken care of her all these years and refuse to put her in a care facility because they feel she won't get the same level of care. They have sacrificed their lives for her and certainly deserve all the help they can get! Let me know if this gets off the ground. You can email me with details, as I don't often get to check out the forum on a regular basis.

Soli

#49504 10/14/03 06:35 PM

Gallen,

A most excellent idea. I'm game.

Love and Light

Michael

#49505 10/14/03 08:19 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha On the Road Guy,

Wonderful idea to bring everyone together.

There are endless possibilities with how we can do this. Did you have an idea of how you envisioned the group/family healing to be orchestrated? and were you thinking about getting it ready to run by time you took off tomorrow morning?

Let me know if you have a sense of how you'd like it to be or if you'd like me to focus it, and we'll be on our way.

Much Love, Shawn

#49506 10/14/03 09:24 PM

Hello everyone:

How about a newcomer getting in on this? I would be honored to give it a go.

Heartbeat

#49507 10/14/03 09:47 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

Shawn,
I was hoping to just leave this open for a few days, to just accumulate the group interested. As this is the SFQ forum, and you are the moderator, and certainly qualified. It would be great if you coordinated our efforts. You would be a good ground and center to this.
The only thoughts that came to my mind were how to keep it as simple as possible, and how to utilize the existing format. Or maybe there is another one?? An email list may figure in for communication purposes..Time zones...
After discussion, or experience sharing may come up.. closure..
If you don't hear from me again,,,I will be back in a week. I will probably check in on what's going on once more before I leave.
love,
gallen

#49508 10/14/03 09:57 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

Of course HearbeaT. Anyone practicing SFQ is welcome, and is a valuable contribution to this group possibility. -g

#49509 10/15/03 12:50 AM

I think that a group healing is wonderful idea. I know my Dad needs all the help he can get and I'm sure there are others out there who are in need of help just as much. I would consider myself lucky to be involved in such an endeavor.

Elessadil

#49510 10/15/03 01:22 AM

Hmmmm, you know I don't like to stray from the material in the courses by even the slightest. Howeverrr, this Qigong thing might not be a compleeeeet hoax so I'll give it a try. (JOKE)

Well not the bit about being in for some group energy.

Logistics ??? Is it a problem, or can chi bridge time too?

Nice idea gallen.

You are perfection,
Iam2

#49511 10/15/03 01:01 PM

Hello Gallen and Others
Please count me in also. I do have some experience with this ~

*A* fellow traveler

#49512 10/15/03 01:23 PM

Gallen, definitely a wonderful idea.
Yes, I would very much like to participate.
I think it would be an enriching and powerful experience for everyone involved.

#49513 10/15/03 03:13 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha All,

I'm sure we've all been a part, or aware of a group prayer event in our lives, whether that's been a minute of silence on 9/11 or a James Twyman spoon benders group.

I'll bring it into my meditations and out on the lake today for some guidance regarding date, time, and format.

If you have any suggestions/contributions for the event (thank you Ann7822 for offering), feel free to email me or post them here.

It will be simple, We will go into the emptiness and use our consciousness to direct our Love, kindness and forgiveness to heal.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited October 15, 2003).]

#49514 10/16/03 05:27 AM

Absolutely! I have actually been thinking about this for about a year! I am the Rosebud referred to in Gallen's initial message. My father has Alzheimers and has actually had this devastating disease for a number of years, but was not diagnosed until spring of this year. This disease, my own physical problems compounded by enormous physical and emotional pain have made me realize what a "soft life" I had.
My heart goes out to Soli because I know how you feel. I mean -- I REALLY KNOW! And God bless Gallen who seems to be an instrument for healing and bringing people together! Without doubt, a community of people practicing qigong would create a volume of tremendous energy. It is similar to prayer. If anyone has ever been in pain and prayed - and actuallly felt the pain subside - welL, you know, ENERGY IS ENERGY! I life in California, so my time zone is different. Also, my father is in a special facility but I see him on my lunch hour and then I back after work and supervise his dinner and help him walk to keep his legs functioning. So as you can see, my time is limited. But when I practice gigong I would be glad to include others who need help in my meditation if they would be willing to do the same for my father. Gallen, you idea is inspired! Anyone who has any ideas, let's hear what you have to say! Gallen, when you get back from you trip, please, let's hear more from you!

#49515 10/16/03 05:11 AM

Hi SFQ Healing Group Team:

I attended the Level III class last week and we did a group healing there with Master Lin. Master Lin placed a chair in the center of our circle and told us to mentally invite a few of our relatives or friends who needed healing to "sit in the chair." My Uncle recently had a knee replacement surgery and my wife had a slight twinge in her back. I mentally put both of them on the chair in the center of our circle. A number of people from our class who had blockages also sat in the circle while the rest of us did the group healing. It was very powerful and we could feel the heat inside the circle while just outside the circle the air was 10 degrees cooler. We could also smell the fragrance of flowers after we were finished. Everyone sitting in the circle reported feeling heat and energy but in different ways. When I arrived home my wife's back was fine (she had forgotten all about it) and my uncle reported feeling strong sensations in his knee at the exact time we were doing the healing. His knee was much improved after that event and getting better each day now.

I would suggest that we do the group healing at the same time each week and people can visualize whoever they want to be in the center of our "circle" (including themselves). As we get going we can add more times during the week and people can tune in if they are available. Why not pick a noon time in Coon Rapids which is a peak energy time and people are off for lunch break or you can go for midnight but that is pretty late for most folks. People like me in other time zones can make the adjustment and join in so we are all meditating together.

Master Lin said that by doing these kinds of healings the healers get back far more than they give so I do think it would be powerful for everyone to try to pitch in here.

Count me in!

Cheers,
Agent B

#49516 10/16/03 12:29 PM

I was thinking the same thing - same time(s) each week. And we can adjust for time differences as we come from around the world!

If this sounds agreeable (and I like the chair in the middle technique - I've been in these also and yes, it can become quite warm and intense - or envolved) then someone (or Shawn or gallen or me, or someone) can post a list of "best times" to start with - for discussion. Then we can decide on one or two - or various groups within the main group can get together for their own.

What say you?

*A*

Oh - another variation is to not visualize sitting in a circle on chairs, but to set that same sort of circle up in, say, a forest, or desert, or sandy beach - wherever you feel most connected depending on which part of the world you live in I suppose. Personally, I love the woods idea, although highly partial to New Zealand type settings as well! Wherever the setting feels right.

There is this large flatish rock out back here in our own woods (we live in the country - aka: sticks) that is a great place to perch. It has only come to me while typing this that that would be a great place to see the people for whom we are requesting assistance.

Anyway, enough for now.
*A* fellow traveler

#49517 10/16/03 02:03 PM

I would like to participate too, however being in Australia may be my downfall. I am +10 GMT so when a time has been set I shall have to see if it isn't the middle of the night

#49518 10/16/03 02:35 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I think we aussies can participate just as well. we just group our energy for a more suitable time for our timezone. It just means that those who are receiving energy might get more moderate burst at different times rather than an overwhelming international wallop at one time

Alex

#49519 10/16/03 04:42 PM

Great idea Gallen, count me in. The time zone will prove an interesting logistical challenge. I'm in the UK but it seems from these responses that we span the globe.

Love Kev

#49520 10/17/03 05:02 AM

I would really be honored to particpate in this project. SFQ is an extraordinary blessing to receive and this is a great opporutnity to share it.

#49521 10/17/03 05:24 AM

Count me in!! Give me details about how to go about visualizing everyone, including myself getting better. What should we focus on? I've never done a group healing. Toby

#49522 10/17/03 10:39 AM

I'm another Aussie and agree with previous comments - please count me in too!!

#49523 10/17/03 11:10 AM

Yep this is certainly an awesome idea and definitively needed in this day and age. I would be honored to take part in this quest. Thanks you Gallen for bringing this to light and moving this forward. Ann7822 you definitely have some great ideas and I think I’ll be trying some out. The best thing about this type of healing work is that it does transcend time and space. Meaning that theoretically you could send your energy into the past and/or future to join up with the group energy.

Some foods for thought.
Ideally if following the good, better, best route was take the best would be if everyone was able to personally get together and do this at the same time in the same location. Then next would be just everyone coordinating and connecting at the same time where ever they were. The last would be everyone connecting and contributing when and wherever they can. Bottom line it is all good, no matter what.

A couple of more thoughts to add would be as follows. If it is possible to provide names and address of those to be put in the healing circle and then a list could be generated for all that partake. Another twist on this would be that a picture be provided. Although these are not necessary they would be an awesome addition to help everyone focus there intentions on those in need.

Lastly… I would love to know if anyone in my area is doing this if so it would be great to have a small group gather and connect with the larger group for the same purpose at the same time.

Well you did ask for suggestions…I love this idea. I can see the miracles unfolding now.

#49524 10/17/03 02:30 PM

I would like to add my Heart. Will check daily for updates.

Be the Love that you are.

#49525 10/17/03 04:35 PM

Great idea Gallen as usual! Have a good trip. (again).

#49526 10/17/03 08:01 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha All Over the World,

Keeping it simple,
going into the emptiness,
and using your consciousness...

When:
It seems we need to just choose a time and day, since it seems to be showing up as a weekly event.

What does Saturdays at 12 noon CST sound like for people. That would have us doing the work at the same time most of Master Lin's weekend classes, retreats and special event will be meditating, along with catching the tail end of the Spring Forest Qigong Association's ending meditation every other week too. Being on a Saturday would also bypass most people's job restraints.

What:
I do have a Spring Forest Qigong group healing meditation ready, which it wont be necessarily need to exchange names, pictures for.

Great focusing idea Ascending 1 for the personal info. If we have a simple way for the first name, m/f, town, and blockage to be generated easily to people -great, lets hear it. Otherwise we can integrate all into the healing with out it.

The conciderations that some up for me are around privacy, simplicity and time.

Keep up the ideas and lets look to have it generated and ready by next Saturday's new moon! (whether we do it on a Saturday or not)

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited October 17, 2003).]

#49527 10/18/03 12:46 PM

Shawn - that is a great time! I don't know about me personally, but if it's the same time frame as all else you mentioned ... hey! half the work's done already!! And I can work it in - you don't find time, you make it. For me, that would be at 2PM.

------> how long should we be in sync? Half hour - full hour? As long as desired? I vote for 1/2 hr. and those who can keep the state can continue. As we would do anyway without "setting it up."

Shall we shorten this and start a new thread with names (if you want)
m/f <-- that one might help as names here are confusing and city or state ... or country!! I vote for appropriate continent.

*A*

PS - what meditation do you have already? That would be a common thread if desired by the participants.

[This message has been edited by Ann7822 (edited October 18, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ann7822 (edited October 18, 2003).]

#49528 10/18/03 02:07 PM

I was wondering that too. What would be the perferred meditation to synch with?

Is CST two hours ahead of EST?

#49529 10/18/03 02:52 PM

OK, for anyone in oz along the eastern region (Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney or Brisbane) that is 4AM sunday. Bit early for me, perhaps we should group at 12PM saturday as well? Are we all running on AEST or are some of us from areas in Australian central time regions or Western Australia?

Ascending1 CST is 1 hour behind EST.

For anyone else wishing to check their timezone here is a good link to find out.
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/timezone.htm

#49530 10/18/03 04:53 PM

Okay, every saturday at 11:30 for a half hour.

Meditation to follow later.

CST is the time posted on this forum, so you can do your calculations easily enough. Even during Daylight savings time or not.

I'll have to juggle, but I'm sure I can be involved. I'll be there next Saturday.

I would like some way to identify the subjects, or at least the area I could ask the spirit of a person to reside for a healing.

You are perfection,
Iam2

#49531 10/20/03 10:18 AM

To continue with the Aussie thread - I'm from WA which would make it 6am Sunday's for me by my calculations. I'd be happy for that time, but I do pity those on the ESB of Australia.
Regards

#49532 10/20/03 12:04 PM

Thanks Awakening for the time zone ref.
It might be more practical to do this in waves. Similar to what they do for the World Tai Ji and Qigone day. It is a staggered ripple effect that sweeps the world at 10 am across the world. So a variation on this would be we all get together at agreed upon times for our specific time zone. The effect would be almost like a continuous healing time of focused attention.

For those that are not aware of WTCD here is a link. http://www.worldtaichiday.org/

#49533 10/20/03 08:36 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am very new to Spring Forest Qigong (on the second audio tape and finishing the manual) but have experience in Western Medicine, Traditional CHinese Medicine, Kung Fu and am a certified advanced instructor in another style of Chinese Energy Healing. I have run practice groups for years in the other style and in two of my online practice groups, I have run group healing sessions for students or others who have requested our help. It has worked so very well that I heghly recommend it. It benefits, not only the "patient but provides the students with a learning experience with lots of feedback and the knowledge that they have given back something in exchange for the "gifts" they have been given and contributed to making the world a more loving place. I would be very happy to be included in such a session in spite of my very limited experience in Spring Forest style and would be happy to help in any way I can. God Bless............QiHealing

#49534 10/21/03 11:23 AM

Please see the following associated thread.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000608.html

Qihealing,
Since you have experience in this type of work. Could you forward the information in the above link/thread o your other healing groups that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

#49535 10/22/03 04:50 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

Wow! Great response... It was great to return to a flaming folder. We truly help ourselves by helping others. What is good for you, is good for me, and vice versa. It is that simple.
- I like the consistent time Shawn mentioned and day. Also, starting on the new moon is very good and insightful. Shawn, thank you for meditating on this, and taking it to heart.
- The suggested visualizations are all good. It is important to remember that it is our intention that brings this together, not the particular method visualized. This aspect of the group healing does not have to be the same for everyone. Using a specific visualization, or doing your own thing, will bring the same results, through our collective intention.
- Good to see all the global participation. Again, I think there is flexibility in how you participate, or when you can participate. The given, consistant date and time is a focal point to connect to, or be aware of, before , during, or after the specific time. The energy will get to the person we are all focused on, and can 'relate' to the group event. Perhaps see it as a sacred space/place/event we create, that can be re-entered or connected to, at anytime, to add your healing energy and love to. Our more coordinated group healing 'event', will exist on some level, forever. You can connect to this, and add your part before or after, if the set time is not possible. Your work can be in the present, but still connect to the group healing event that 'will' happen, or 'has' happened. It just takes that intention and seeing it, again , however that looks to you in your meditation. There are so many ways, that all work.
-The set time, day, and the person's name is the bottom line info needed. Any more or less can vary with someone's comfort or need to express that. Keeping things as simple as possible is best.
- Don't feel desparate or rushed with anything. Again, we are all connected. People we have no awareness of are suffering at this very moment. This was true yesterday, and is true today. It is important to be compassionate, and be peaceful in your intentions. That smile is very important, and should override feelings of despair or being rushed to do something. There is a purpose and plan behind everything. Be comfortable with our schedule in starting this. I am sure we will address priorities as we can. You can always start a specific thread to solicit help immediately for someone, as has been done.
- Perhaps people interested in receiving our group help could let Shawn know, so he can compile a list. Shawn could discern any immediate priorities from that list, or, draw names out of the hat, on a given week, for that Saturday's group healing meditation. Perhaps the 'hat' could be closed at some point, to make sure everyone is cycled through, then a second batch added, and so on. Maybe limit each grouping of names to draw from to ten or something. Just continually adding names to the same hat might lose someone in the shuffle.
My role is to support and help, not lead. I defer Shawn, or other qualified people in this forum. I have a new awareness, gained during my recent trip and related to my artwork, that my purpose is to inspire, and to support this, not lead.
love,
gallen

#49536 10/23/03 05:39 AM

Excellent suggestions Gallen (and all prior posters).

Yes, there is much suffering and pain all around us; and, this type of group/collective effort will be a helpful, timely, and pragmatic way to positively impact the DIS-EASE which is so prevalent around us: remember also that when we help another, we are also helping ourselves; because, we're all connected through the same Chi.

I'll be keeping in tune as Shawn (and others)continue to move this thread into action.

May the pure, healing, and harmonizing light of Chi positively touch the lives of each of our hurting loved ones, and all people every where.

Much Love....

#49537 10/23/03 11:42 AM

Welcome back gallen. Thank you so much for initiating this thread it could not have come at a better time. As you are probably already aware of, I started a temporary secondary thread as a result of a need that coincidently or non-coincidently was ahhh needed.

Well said Macook, I am looking forward to connecting with this as it evolves and takes form.

Thanks again

Much love to you all,

#49538 10/24/03 05:30 AM

Hi Mike. Long time no posting from.

#49539 10/23/03 06:46 PM

Mayflower:
Warm and special greetings to you also. I've just been 'Chilling Out' in the magnificent Silence....

Much Love....

[This message has been edited by MACOOK (edited October 23, 2003).]

#49540 10/23/03 07:36 PM

Greetings! I like Saturdays at 12 noon as suggested by Shawn (11 am for me on US east coast). I also like the tie-in with Master Lin's classes and other Qigong meditations happening at 1200 CST. For those in parts of the world where the equivalent time would be unreasonable, perhaps they could meditate at 12 noon in their own time zones on Saturdays. Also, some kind of link to the person(s)(a name, location, etc.) would be helpful to me, but I am not sure what is the best way to handle that. I defer to Shawn and others who have more experience coordinating something like this. Whatever is decided, I think it is a great idea.
Love and peace to all.

#49541 10/23/03 08:38 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

I just saw soli's post. Perhaps we will have to group, a group of related people together in a healing. I know, in my own meditations, I often do this automatically. I will be aware of family members, and there connection to the primary person requiring help. It is easy to see them as connected, as , they are closely connected. This doesn't diminish the effect of the meditation/healing. In the SFQ clinics/meetings, a group is focused on , by 'the group'. We do need to be efficient in addressing possible numerous requests. Grouping relations together may come into play. Again, patience is called for, while this takes form.
Love,
gallen

#49542 10/24/03 03:52 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha All,

this afternoon I'll post a possible solution...things have been a bit busy -but I think I have the whole diaper changing skill down

Much Love, Shawn

#49543 10/24/03 04:55 PM

Yes, Shawn, but how are you with the "burping" skill?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved