Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#49512 10/15/03 01:23 PM

Gallen, definitely a wonderful idea.
Yes, I would very much like to participate.
I think it would be an enriching and powerful experience for everyone involved.

#49513 10/15/03 03:13 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha All,

I'm sure we've all been a part, or aware of a group prayer event in our lives, whether that's been a minute of silence on 9/11 or a James Twyman spoon benders group.

I'll bring it into my meditations and out on the lake today for some guidance regarding date, time, and format.

If you have any suggestions/contributions for the event (thank you Ann7822 for offering), feel free to email me or post them here.

It will be simple, We will go into the emptiness and use our consciousness to direct our Love, kindness and forgiveness to heal.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited October 15, 2003).]

#49514 10/16/03 05:27 AM

Absolutely! I have actually been thinking about this for about a year! I am the Rosebud referred to in Gallen's initial message. My father has Alzheimers and has actually had this devastating disease for a number of years, but was not diagnosed until spring of this year. This disease, my own physical problems compounded by enormous physical and emotional pain have made me realize what a "soft life" I had.
My heart goes out to Soli because I know how you feel. I mean -- I REALLY KNOW! And God bless Gallen who seems to be an instrument for healing and bringing people together! Without doubt, a community of people practicing qigong would create a volume of tremendous energy. It is similar to prayer. If anyone has ever been in pain and prayed - and actuallly felt the pain subside - welL, you know, ENERGY IS ENERGY! I life in California, so my time zone is different. Also, my father is in a special facility but I see him on my lunch hour and then I back after work and supervise his dinner and help him walk to keep his legs functioning. So as you can see, my time is limited. But when I practice gigong I would be glad to include others who need help in my meditation if they would be willing to do the same for my father. Gallen, you idea is inspired! Anyone who has any ideas, let's hear what you have to say! Gallen, when you get back from you trip, please, let's hear more from you!

#49515 10/16/03 05:11 AM

Hi SFQ Healing Group Team:

I attended the Level III class last week and we did a group healing there with Master Lin. Master Lin placed a chair in the center of our circle and told us to mentally invite a few of our relatives or friends who needed healing to "sit in the chair." My Uncle recently had a knee replacement surgery and my wife had a slight twinge in her back. I mentally put both of them on the chair in the center of our circle. A number of people from our class who had blockages also sat in the circle while the rest of us did the group healing. It was very powerful and we could feel the heat inside the circle while just outside the circle the air was 10 degrees cooler. We could also smell the fragrance of flowers after we were finished. Everyone sitting in the circle reported feeling heat and energy but in different ways. When I arrived home my wife's back was fine (she had forgotten all about it) and my uncle reported feeling strong sensations in his knee at the exact time we were doing the healing. His knee was much improved after that event and getting better each day now.

I would suggest that we do the group healing at the same time each week and people can visualize whoever they want to be in the center of our "circle" (including themselves). As we get going we can add more times during the week and people can tune in if they are available. Why not pick a noon time in Coon Rapids which is a peak energy time and people are off for lunch break or you can go for midnight but that is pretty late for most folks. People like me in other time zones can make the adjustment and join in so we are all meditating together.

Master Lin said that by doing these kinds of healings the healers get back far more than they give so I do think it would be powerful for everyone to try to pitch in here.

Count me in!

Cheers,
Agent B

#49516 10/16/03 12:29 PM

I was thinking the same thing - same time(s) each week. And we can adjust for time differences as we come from around the world!

If this sounds agreeable (and I like the chair in the middle technique - I've been in these also and yes, it can become quite warm and intense - or envolved) then someone (or Shawn or gallen or me, or someone) can post a list of "best times" to start with - for discussion. Then we can decide on one or two - or various groups within the main group can get together for their own.

What say you?

*A*

Oh - another variation is to not visualize sitting in a circle on chairs, but to set that same sort of circle up in, say, a forest, or desert, or sandy beach - wherever you feel most connected depending on which part of the world you live in I suppose. Personally, I love the woods idea, although highly partial to New Zealand type settings as well! Wherever the setting feels right.

There is this large flatish rock out back here in our own woods (we live in the country - aka: sticks) that is a great place to perch. It has only come to me while typing this that that would be a great place to see the people for whom we are requesting assistance.

Anyway, enough for now.
*A* fellow traveler

#49517 10/16/03 02:03 PM

I would like to participate too, however being in Australia may be my downfall. I am +10 GMT so when a time has been set I shall have to see if it isn't the middle of the night

#49518 10/16/03 02:35 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I think we aussies can participate just as well. we just group our energy for a more suitable time for our timezone. It just means that those who are receiving energy might get more moderate burst at different times rather than an overwhelming international wallop at one time

Alex

#49519 10/16/03 04:42 PM

Great idea Gallen, count me in. The time zone will prove an interesting logistical challenge. I'm in the UK but it seems from these responses that we span the globe.

Love Kev

#49520 10/17/03 05:02 AM

I would really be honored to particpate in this project. SFQ is an extraordinary blessing to receive and this is a great opporutnity to share it.

#49521 10/17/03 05:24 AM

Count me in!! Give me details about how to go about visualizing everyone, including myself getting better. What should we focus on? I've never done a group healing. Toby

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved