Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#49532 10/20/03 12:04 PM

Thanks Awakening for the time zone ref.
It might be more practical to do this in waves. Similar to what they do for the World Tai Ji and Qigone day. It is a staggered ripple effect that sweeps the world at 10 am across the world. So a variation on this would be we all get together at agreed upon times for our specific time zone. The effect would be almost like a continuous healing time of focused attention.

For those that are not aware of WTCD here is a link. http://www.worldtaichiday.org/

#49533 10/20/03 08:36 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am very new to Spring Forest Qigong (on the second audio tape and finishing the manual) but have experience in Western Medicine, Traditional CHinese Medicine, Kung Fu and am a certified advanced instructor in another style of Chinese Energy Healing. I have run practice groups for years in the other style and in two of my online practice groups, I have run group healing sessions for students or others who have requested our help. It has worked so very well that I heghly recommend it. It benefits, not only the "patient but provides the students with a learning experience with lots of feedback and the knowledge that they have given back something in exchange for the "gifts" they have been given and contributed to making the world a more loving place. I would be very happy to be included in such a session in spite of my very limited experience in Spring Forest style and would be happy to help in any way I can. God Bless............QiHealing

#49534 10/21/03 11:23 AM

Please see the following associated thread.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000608.html

Qihealing,
Since you have experience in this type of work. Could you forward the information in the above link/thread o your other healing groups that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

#49535 10/22/03 04:50 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

Wow! Great response... It was great to return to a flaming folder. We truly help ourselves by helping others. What is good for you, is good for me, and vice versa. It is that simple.
- I like the consistent time Shawn mentioned and day. Also, starting on the new moon is very good and insightful. Shawn, thank you for meditating on this, and taking it to heart.
- The suggested visualizations are all good. It is important to remember that it is our intention that brings this together, not the particular method visualized. This aspect of the group healing does not have to be the same for everyone. Using a specific visualization, or doing your own thing, will bring the same results, through our collective intention.
- Good to see all the global participation. Again, I think there is flexibility in how you participate, or when you can participate. The given, consistant date and time is a focal point to connect to, or be aware of, before , during, or after the specific time. The energy will get to the person we are all focused on, and can 'relate' to the group event. Perhaps see it as a sacred space/place/event we create, that can be re-entered or connected to, at anytime, to add your healing energy and love to. Our more coordinated group healing 'event', will exist on some level, forever. You can connect to this, and add your part before or after, if the set time is not possible. Your work can be in the present, but still connect to the group healing event that 'will' happen, or 'has' happened. It just takes that intention and seeing it, again , however that looks to you in your meditation. There are so many ways, that all work.
-The set time, day, and the person's name is the bottom line info needed. Any more or less can vary with someone's comfort or need to express that. Keeping things as simple as possible is best.
- Don't feel desparate or rushed with anything. Again, we are all connected. People we have no awareness of are suffering at this very moment. This was true yesterday, and is true today. It is important to be compassionate, and be peaceful in your intentions. That smile is very important, and should override feelings of despair or being rushed to do something. There is a purpose and plan behind everything. Be comfortable with our schedule in starting this. I am sure we will address priorities as we can. You can always start a specific thread to solicit help immediately for someone, as has been done.
- Perhaps people interested in receiving our group help could let Shawn know, so he can compile a list. Shawn could discern any immediate priorities from that list, or, draw names out of the hat, on a given week, for that Saturday's group healing meditation. Perhaps the 'hat' could be closed at some point, to make sure everyone is cycled through, then a second batch added, and so on. Maybe limit each grouping of names to draw from to ten or something. Just continually adding names to the same hat might lose someone in the shuffle.
My role is to support and help, not lead. I defer Shawn, or other qualified people in this forum. I have a new awareness, gained during my recent trip and related to my artwork, that my purpose is to inspire, and to support this, not lead.
love,
gallen

#49536 10/23/03 05:39 AM

Excellent suggestions Gallen (and all prior posters).

Yes, there is much suffering and pain all around us; and, this type of group/collective effort will be a helpful, timely, and pragmatic way to positively impact the DIS-EASE which is so prevalent around us: remember also that when we help another, we are also helping ourselves; because, we're all connected through the same Chi.

I'll be keeping in tune as Shawn (and others)continue to move this thread into action.

May the pure, healing, and harmonizing light of Chi positively touch the lives of each of our hurting loved ones, and all people every where.

Much Love....

#49537 10/23/03 11:42 AM

Welcome back gallen. Thank you so much for initiating this thread it could not have come at a better time. As you are probably already aware of, I started a temporary secondary thread as a result of a need that coincidently or non-coincidently was ahhh needed.

Well said Macook, I am looking forward to connecting with this as it evolves and takes form.

Thanks again

Much love to you all,

#49538 10/24/03 05:30 AM

Hi Mike. Long time no posting from.

#49539 10/23/03 06:46 PM

Mayflower:
Warm and special greetings to you also. I've just been 'Chilling Out' in the magnificent Silence....

Much Love....

[This message has been edited by MACOOK (edited October 23, 2003).]

#49540 10/23/03 07:36 PM

Greetings! I like Saturdays at 12 noon as suggested by Shawn (11 am for me on US east coast). I also like the tie-in with Master Lin's classes and other Qigong meditations happening at 1200 CST. For those in parts of the world where the equivalent time would be unreasonable, perhaps they could meditate at 12 noon in their own time zones on Saturdays. Also, some kind of link to the person(s)(a name, location, etc.) would be helpful to me, but I am not sure what is the best way to handle that. I defer to Shawn and others who have more experience coordinating something like this. Whatever is decided, I think it is a great idea.
Love and peace to all.

#49541 10/23/03 08:38 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

I just saw soli's post. Perhaps we will have to group, a group of related people together in a healing. I know, in my own meditations, I often do this automatically. I will be aware of family members, and there connection to the primary person requiring help. It is easy to see them as connected, as , they are closely connected. This doesn't diminish the effect of the meditation/healing. In the SFQ clinics/meetings, a group is focused on , by 'the group'. We do need to be efficient in addressing possible numerous requests. Grouping relations together may come into play. Again, patience is called for, while this takes form.
Love,
gallen

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved