Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#49972 12/14/03 04:25 AM
OP Offline

I was wondering if Qigong/Falun Dafa techniques can eliminate the darkness around the eyes...which are chronic and are either passed down or brought forth due to something from the past...

#49973 12/16/03 09:39 PM

Thank you for asking this question. I also would like to know if there is a specific exercise of remedy for dark circles under my eyes. I am tired of people asking me if I have a black eye.

#49974 12/16/03 10:56 PM

I don't know the effectiveness of Falun Dafa, but a daily practice involving oneself in a good qigong system can be very transformative. Whatever one's optimum potential is, whether physically or spiritually, a qigong system can help bring that into being. I have mentioned before, that people tend to come to something like this forum, or SFQ, with specific, isolated, manifested phyiscal issues. One should realize that you have to treat the whole you, not just the dark rings under your eyes. It doesn't work that way. You are composed of many connected parts, in different dimensions of self. You have a physical body, a multifaceted spirit, a soul, and experience emotions. A 'complete' qigong system can address you 'globally', and open up doors of self realization concerning your 'state of being', which is a sometimes used as a definition of qigong. You can look the best you can through qigong practice. You can maximize your potential. You can see your eyes,,,,what does your heart look like?
love,
gallen

#49975 12/17/03 04:28 AM

Falun Dafa will not help with your problem. I spent 3 1/2 years studying and practicing Falun Dafa and nothing else for that period of time. It has completely different goals. Go with more health-oriented styles of qigong such as SFQ.

According to TCM, dark circles around the eyes are due to kidney qi deficiency. Kidney qi is very important to cultivate in your qigong practice.

If you're not getting enough sleep, you should also consider going to bed earlier every night.

#49976 12/17/03 04:34 AM
OP Offline

No, shr33m, it's not related to sleeping improperly. Thanks for bringing that cliche on the table though...

Regarding the kidney qi, I've heard of this before. I am very enlightened about the "treating the whole to treat the specific" philosophy and I have no doubt that it is anything but the whole truth, however, I'm going to seek Homeopathy first since I've heard they have cured this "specific" concern with great success. They'll probably go towards the kidney issue. I will begin to learn more about Qigong of course, but I've dedicated myself into learning Falun Dafa (Gong) first and then I will spread my wings.

#49977 12/17/03 06:33 AM

Homeopathy is an energy modality that seeks to treat the whole person by correcting the imbalances that caused the undesirable condition. It is necessary to identify some substance that will cause the same symptoms and to create the homeopathic remedy by using extremely small amounts of that substance through succussion, or iterative shaking.

This is an energy modality because the resultant remedy has no measurable trace of the original substance. It has taken on the energy signature of the original substance. Since like is used to cure like, it is important to find a material that causes the exact same symptoms in your particular case. I've used devices that duplicate this energy signature electronically without the arduous process of succussion. The Eastern (India) parallel of this method is found in Sanjeevini healing based on yantras and mantras of creating remedies for treating specific conditions. http://www.saisanjeevini.org/welcome.htm

Of course, homeopathy is just one of many energy healing modalities and you may end up exploring some others.

[This message has been edited by shr33m (edited December 17, 2003).]

#49978 12/17/03 03:06 PM

Hi Blackbox:
Please pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard of Falun Dafa, so cannot speak to its effectiveness. (For knowledge's sake, I will look it up and see what it is about.) What I can attest to is that SFQ has been in every way a transforming experience for me. I am so much more aware of myself as a "total" person. I now take much better care of my whole package -- body, mind, and spirit. I feel better, I think better, and just "am" better. I attribute it to my SFQ practice.
Love and peace.

#49979 12/18/03 06:23 AM

Hi Starfish,
You are far from ignorant. Always feel totally comfortable with what you know, and are learning from SFQ. You are not missing out on anything, not knowing specifically about Falun Dafa. There are many different qigong systems out there. There is only one truth behind all this, and you are connecting to it through your practice of SFQ. Don't ever hesitate to contribute, you know more than most, as there are not many qigong systems that hold the possible accomplishment found in Spring Forest. Your example of humility and sharing of experience is refreshing.
BlackBox,
It seems you came here with choices already made. I wish you success on your path. I hear you say you are 'highly enlightened' about the wholeness/connectness deal, so please excuse my rehashing here.. With a blockage, like darkness under the eyes, there is a pathway to where it came from,,,the cause or source. 'Usually', the source is not physical. The physical aspects though, lead one towards the source, and the source is easier realized, sitting in a healthy body, or having the experience of getting to a healthy body through a practice like qigong. TCM is a valuable resource in moving along this pathway. Your actual kidneys might not be the 'source', but they are involved. If TCM wisdom connects that manifestation to the kidneys, as shr33m offered, you should take that as useful information, regarding an approach,,,,not necessarily the whole answer, an approach, an element involved.. Kidney, in the TCM , or Five Element Theory, entails alot of information that might hold keys to insightful realizatons. Working on a physical level is one way, or starting point to getting somewhere. Sometimes you hear the analogy of peeling an onion, as far as ones selfwork or selfhealing goes. Perhaps you are looking for the source or answer first. This certainly seems ok to me, but you might as well take care of some of the top layers while you seek this specific answer. I have found, through doing healing work, that once a person is clear physically, holds that level, and pursues inactive qigong or meditation, answers come. The system works.
Again, blessing to you on your path.
love,
gallen

#49980 12/17/03 09:57 PM
OP Offline

You people never seem to fail to intrigue me with your insights. Salute.

I've been spending so much lately, getting the materials for the techniques and I would have already gotten SFQ, however the price is just way over my head currently, as I feel most LSC products are. I'll have to end up either choosing a Qigong alternative (book or video) or wait until I can afford to get the $200+ version of Spring Forest here. I'm sure quality is equivalent to the price.

I'm very sure I will be a Qigong practioner soon regardless. Would you guys like to give me any other sources (books or videos) which I could use to learn Qigong in the meanwhile to help remedy all of the above, and enlighten me to the methods of replenishing my Qi deficiencies.

I will be running for President of my student government at my University and I will be implementing University Clubs for these practices, including Photoreading, etc, and if I am successful, these practices will become second nature at post-secondary institutes. At my University, we have a half-million dollar budget to be used every year, so I will be seeking to buy mass-quantities of LSC products in the near future (god-willing).

Anyways, that said, I've seen so many things on the internet lately...some herbal products that will replenish the qi-deficiencies (very cautious about these things) and came across books and videos regarding Qigong, but there are so many things out there and I would like it very much if you all could direct me to the best place, book, video, etc...

Thank you.

#49981 12/18/03 06:07 AM
OP Offline

Hehe, that's more like it, but anything for under 50? The only reason for this is because I'm visiting my family in Vancouver and I couldn't help but buy too much for my family (presents)...since learning all these things, I'm very sentimental and I just wanted to get them a lot of things since they always just give to others and never get back anything in return. I was a spoiled child, I didn't realize the precious things of life that I don't take for granted now.

Anyways, I've been charging everything to credit card and I'm not sure if I have enough credit left for 125 but I wanted to put it on anything...maybe I'll just go ahead and get that, but let me know if there are any other alternative methods.

(Thanks for your help btw, I wish I was in a better financial situation so I could buy the whole LSC package, but there's always tommorow )

Cheers!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved