Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#49982 12/18/03 12:24 PM

BlackBox, you have made a decision to venture into something that may very well transform you body mind and soul. You could also consider that the work you do internally for yourself will be a gift to others for as you shift and grow you will affect those around you in a positive way. Through inspiration you may spark interest in them to pursue and commit on there own to a better well being through Qigong.

It sound to me that you have not fully committed to Falun Gung. If not then you may want to take this time to step back and revisit your goals. While Falun Dafa has its merits it is, within its exterior appearance of simplicity very complex and very internalized. The posture holds in Falun Dafa can be excruciatingly uncomfortable, this I have found is in total contrast to SFQ and most other systems for that matter. Falun Dafa is also a rigid system where you really need to focus 110% of your body mind and spirit.

I don’t want to give the impression of negativity to Falun Dafa I do have my own concerns and issues with system but like anything else there is something for everyone. I believe if one focused there intentions and time into the system that there would be some benefit as there would be for anyone focusing there time and energy into anything positive. The biggest thing that stands out about that system is the almost cult like secretive approach taken. It is understood that there are reasons for this as word of the government attempting to squash this system with persecution, torcher and violence continues. But unfortunately the extreme is taken within the system as to that system or method being the only way or path. There are many paths to be taken many opportunities and many options and definitely something for everyone. Variety is truly the spice of life.

I agree with Shr33m I don’t think that you will find what you are looking for within that system. In the long term possibly but definitely not immediately or short term by any means. The benefit I see with SFQ is that you take an “active” role with your health and well being. You are physically and mentally involved in moving energy within the postures in contrast to a more passive approach to empting the mind and holding uncomfortable postures. We have an amazing power within us that is tapped the moment we begin focusing our minds. Consider what happens when you have an empty mind and then focusing that to moving energy within yourself in order to remove, open and clear blockages. SFQ not only gives you an incredible tool and foundation towards well being but also one can grow from this and eventually help others as well. I don’t mean to but I am sounding like a sales man, my goal was to provide you with a broader picture to form your decision. Perhaps you can subtlety drop the hint of receiving the SFQ package as and Xmas gift to you, see if Santa’s list is completed yet. Who knows, even a partial contribution toward the gift is worth asking for, if anything this is the time to do it. Seize the moment if possible.

Whatever decision you make you will find that it is important to focus and stick with one system. Not so much because one system is better or worse than another but mostly because it is always better to focus ones energy on the one thing rather than many. Diverting ones energy ultimately can diminish the potential growth that can be gained in one direction. On the energetic side of the track the different Qigong systems have specific focuses and intentions for the flow of energy and between systems they may conflict. This is one of the reasons why it is important focus on one system.

I hope some of this was helpful, good luck with your decision and…

Wishing everyone a Happy and safe Holidays season.

#49983 12/18/03 01:46 PM

Blackbox,
Running for President of student government of the University implies you want to lead the student body.
Do step back and take a look at your own credit/charge and see whether you can afford the product before buying. Manage well on your own finance and then manage the student body's budget. Set a good example for other students to follow.
Taking care of your own health and not going into debt if at all possible are precious gifts higher than material matter. You can always save up and then buy it. All good is in the journey that you are taken.

Following is a link that give some example of SF Qigong. Have you try the sample exercises yet ?
http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qigong3.htm

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited December 18, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited December 18, 2003).]

#49984 12/18/03 05:11 PM

Hi Bluebird,
You bring up a good point.
Allow me add something else, and be a parent here a bit. Blackbox, I have two daughters about your age. They are soon graduating from undergrad school, and are planning to go further. They have spent four or five years so far, basically without money. Alot of birthday's and holidays have passed where they haven't been in a position, to really spend money on gifts. One daughter has always had an open heart, and given what she can through creating her own cards or handmade things. The other is open now, but for a number of years didn't have the want to give anything.
As a parent, one of the best things I got from the daughter that wouldn't make an effort to even make a card, was the satisfaction of seeing her change, and one day giving me something she made. My relief and happiness at seeing her generousity come forward was an incredible gift to me. She moved past the issues of adolesence, and realized she had a good life, family, and wanted to say thankyou, and I love you.
That is worth more than any amount of money she could have spent. When I as a parent, get something from my children that shows me they love me, and that they are growing up to be considerate and loving people, my heart melts, and I get a gift of experience that money can't buy. Perhaps, if you haven't expressed the feelings and perspective you now have about yourself with your family, you have not yet tapped the ultimate gift you can give them, and it doesn't cost a cent. Putting some meaningful time into making a simple card, and giving them that message , is an incredible gift to receive. You are coming to a good place in your self awareness. Be careful with the credit card. Going forward, think of things you can do within your means. Give them gift certificates involving things you will do for them, little jobs, etc... Don't think money and things. Give them back some love and thanks. Let them see you are a mature and loving person, and they will know that you will be ok, and they did well raising you.
love,
gallen

#49985 12/18/03 05:17 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Blackbox,

I don't remember the question regarding the eyes being brought up at a class or seminar I've been at with Master Lin. I'll ask it the next time I see him.

One thing that some of our clients do is get together a group that wants to lets say learn Spring Forest Qigong together and purchase the package. They then go through the lecture tapes, share and clarify and then meet regularly to do the exercises and meditations as a group -which increases the understanding, connectedness, the energy, and reduces the cost for the group.

Much Love, Shawn

#49986 12/19/03 06:24 AM
OP Offline

Thank you so much for the link to the SFQ practice session. I'll be trying this out, maybe before or after my workout session in the morning and right before I go to bed.

Shawna, if you could please ask Master Lin, that would be most appreciated.

Regarding the price of the Level 1 course, I'm going to try to allocate the money somehow and purchase the $125 directed package. I'm brainstorming ideas on how I can allow this package to work for a University club also, maybe buy 10 courses and allow them to be shared within club members...

Anyways, I've been researching which companies to go with and SFQ by LSC seems to be the best and most supportive community to bring the students towards.

I'll stay tuned, thank you so much for your insights regarding my post. You all make a very warm presence.

#49987 12/18/03 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBox:
I will begin to learn more about Qigong of course, but I've dedicated myself into learning Falun Dafa (Gong) first and then I will spread my wings.

Sounds like you haven't started to really get into Falun Dafa yet. It has very strict requirements for its practitioners. Falun Gong practitioners are not allowed to practice other forms of qigong or even read other qigong books, including other religions or sects. Falun Dafa followers are discouraged from seeking conventional medical treatment. Health benefits are a secondary issue, If you have major health problems, you should not get involved with Falun Dafa, as it would only distract you from the primary goals of practice.

Falun Dafa is a Buddhist sect with heavy doses of Taoism based on the teachings of Li Hongzhi. It was the most popular qigong movement in China which drew the ire of the Chinese Communist Party. With as much as a hundred million followers, it was viewed as a threat to the state ideology. Other popular qigong systems were also soon targeted for termination.

Li Hongzhi migrated to the US before these events as he knew what was going to happen. The Chinese government tried to get him extradited to face certain death but the US government refused.

Buddhists believe that there are a countless number of buddhas at various levels including arhat, bodhisattva, tathagata and a few of them have incarnated on earth and are deified such as Quan Yin (bodhisattva) as well as the more famous Gautama Buddha. It is also believed that anyone can attain buddhahood by fulfilling certain conditions. Li Hongzhi's followers believe that he has attained such a level.

Falun Dafa is a not a cult group in the sense that one can leave it anytime without any fear of retribution from other practitioners.
It is definitely not for everyone. As Ascending1 points out, you must be dedicated and committed to this path. You would be wise to explore other paths first.

#49988 12/18/03 08:53 PM
OP Offline

You are very correct Shr33m. I've made a mistake on presenting my desire for learning Falun Dafa. I wish to be an activist of it and not a practioner. I will seek towards becoming a Qigong practioner however, since it feels like I've been looking for something for a while now and before I found Qigong, I found Falun Dafa. I ordered 2 books of Falun Dafa and will read both of them to learn of it's concepts, but I will never be a practioner (for your reasons above most importantly).

The only thing I'm working on now is photoreading, image streaming, and finding a way to get a quality SFQ product (allocating the finances for it). But make no mistake, you all have very much affirmed my intentions, so thank you for that.

Regarding Falun Dafa though, I wish to state I am following study of it because of the purifications of character it provides...(jealousy, greed, pride..) <-- I need to get rid of these feelings so that I can be of help to everyone around me.

#49989 12/19/03 11:57 AM

Blackbox, you have already taken the steps toward the goals you are looking for. Any and all systems or path will lead you there. It all originates from desire, awareness of one self and intentions toward a positive well being, all of which you have. The positive attributes you are looking for are already there it only takes you to recognize it and continue to nourish your hearts desire. The SFQ will only be a catalyst to help you with something you already have or are capable of. Throw it out to the universe and look around you for the signs of where to flow next. Once initiated (awakened/open mindedness etc) it becomes apparent that all, which is around you is here for your benefit for learning and growth mentally physically and spiritually. Keep the open mind and enjoy the adventure the rest will happen naturally.

The issues you claim you want to get rid of are/were there to enlighten you and teach you. Don’t look at them as anything bad or negative in nature look at them as positive lessons learned. These lessons learned are completed, as indicated by your desire and awareness. Now affirm that they no longer serve you, let them pass or fall off as you move forward and continue what you are doing, all will eventually fall into place.

Also heed Bluebirds comments on the issues of credit cards. It is potentially an endless trap that can cause needless frustrations for eons to come. In setting the example for yourself as Bluebird mentions you will be able to help others avoid further financial frustrations and may develop some insights on how to get around the lure of the credit trap. Good luck and let us know how you make out

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited December 19, 2003).]

#49990 12/19/03 08:24 PM
OP Offline

quote:
"The issues you claim you want to get rid of are/were there to enlighten you and teach you. Don’t look at them as anything bad or negative in nature look at them as positive lessons learned. These lessons learned are completed, as indicated by your desire and awareness. Now affirm that they no longer serve you, let them pass or fall off as you move forward and continue what you are doing, all will eventually fall into place."

Interesting, I've heard of this before. Suggesting the darkness around my eyes are in-place as to lead me to the answers I'm destined to reach. Well, maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it's easier to say they no longer need to have a presence and actually have them dissapear

I will definately be getting a Qigong system (either of the two of the SFQ you have recommended) however I will be taking the advice of a friend of mine first by going to the Homeopathy for a few sessions. What are your views upon this...any experiences with Homeopathy? Just because also I wish to diminish the appearance of them for my upcoming election (wish to look my best...it's a factor in elections).

#49991 12/22/03 04:46 AM
OP Offline

I was arranging to meet with a homeopathy practioner regarding this (advised by a friend) or do you guys/girls think that I should see a TCM practioner instead?

Just wondering upon your input since you have all kindly given me so much perspective with everything else thus far.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved