Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#49992 12/22/03 11:26 AM

While I can not speak for either systems or modalities, (no personal experience) I suspect that ultimately if you feel guided to experience it then no harm no foul. You may want to take some quiet time and meditate on what direction is best; it is all good and positive. Consider focusing on the one “thing”, as to many “things” will fragment your focus and possibly diminish the potential end result. To much to think about can become over whelming and lead to needless frustration.

It looks like you have (somewhat) made up your mind on the homeopathy. This sounds like you are doing this more so to honor the advice of your friend. Do you have any reservations (in your gut) about this? This can be brought into your meditation for clarity focus and direction. No one can make the decision for you as there may be unforeseen reasons why one “thing” would be better for you than another. Let go of any frustration or uncertainty of what direction to choose as it is all good and beneficial to your well being. If you can let go of that (any worries and concerns) then you will be able to be a little clearer and neutral in your meditations.

Have trust in whatever decision you make and give it your full attention letting go of doubt through the knowledge of all is good for you on your current path. It is all posisitive lessons to be learned toward a posistive transformation of body, mind and spirit.

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited December 22, 2003).]

#49993 12/22/03 02:25 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

...thanks for keeping it from going off SFQ topic Ascending1

Much Love, Shawn(a?)

#49994 12/22/03 04:39 PM
OP Offline

Thank you Ascending1.

#49995 12/30/03 11:07 PM

Going back to the original question for a second - I also have dark circles under my eyes. I also suffer from dry-eyes, and as I'm 22, apparently this isn't very common. I'm just wondering if the other people here with dark circles under their eyes had dry eyes as well. I would like to know this because I'm wondering whether there is a link between the two...? Ta.

Boomy

#49996 12/31/03 04:19 PM

Yes, I have had dark circles under my eyes most of my life, and my eyes get tired and dry easily. I am on vacation and have been making time for extra practice(SFQ1). (2) 1-hour meditation sessions with the cd. (1) active exercise session with the video. I have noticed a dramatic increase in energy level. It is too soon to tell if the circles will go away, but I think this may be the answer I have been searching for. I think the circles are just sysmptoms of energy blockages that I have been harboring most of my life and SFQ is the answer. I have always been very athletic and bright, but I have had bouts with depression and fatigue. I am really excited about SFQ. I plan on buying level 2, I read a post that mentioned a level 3, have they made a third level?
Wishes of peace and health to all in 2004. Happy New Year.

#49997 01/02/04 08:06 PM

As one who has studied nutritional healing and natural/alternative medicine for over 20 years, as a general rule, dark circles around the eyes typically mean that the kidneys are not operating at optimal levels. If you don't already, begin supplimenting potassium (preferably a banana twice a day) and increase your fluid intake (preferably 'good' water). You have been designed to function well if you will only put in what your body needs.

#49998 01/02/04 09:46 PM

Hi j,
thanks for your input, although the central theme here is Spring Forest Qigong. Qigong is not in need of a fix. It is quite effective and complete. Diet and nutrition are certainly important, as are other aspects of self health, but, as a bottomline means of addressing self healing, qigong is the bottom line here, and it is quite adequate in addressing the seen and unseen aspects to this condition, which most likely involve more than a couple body parts, one system within the body, or just the physical aspect of self.
love,
gallen

#49999 01/04/04 11:39 AM

Well, I have two bananas a day and two potatoes every other day so I reckon I must be having enough potassium in my diet. What do you think?

#50000 01/04/04 11:39 PM
OP Offline

Boomy, I guess I've found actual other people who share this condition! Dry eyes...I know it well, and it's very true that mysery loves company

You have had the proper supplement of postassium and you still have this condition? I dont think I have the right amount of potassium (how much should I have a day...what foods are abudant in it..guess I can research that for myself) but I definately have learnt to drink my proper intake of water.

#50001 01/05/04 02:38 PM

Greetings and Happy New Year !
Blackbox, boomyboomy and ctaylor5072:
I recently read a brief article from the latest issue of the Yoga Journal magazine regarding dark circles, puffiness and crow's feet around the eyes that I wanted to share with you.

Below are the excerpts regarding dark circles:
"Ayurvedic practitioners believe that poor eating habits are reflected in the face, especially in the undereye area. Eating too quickly, consuming a lot of caffeine and cold drinks, and skipping breakfast can stress the digestive system, making it difficult for the body to absorb nutrients. Dark circles can also be caused by anemia and lack of sleep."

"Internal solution: Consume warm foods and beverages, and eat at least one tablespoon of ghee or olive oil every day to aid digestion. Eating, exercising and going to sleep at the same time each day will help regulate bodily functions and improve general health."

"External solution: Put slices of raw potatoes or apples on the area for 15 minutes every other day. The starch in potatoes and the potassium, B and C vitamins, and tannin in apples all help fade dark circles."

I think the practice of SFQ dovetails with the overall suggestion about the value of a well functioning digestive system, along with the other suggestions of eating, exercising and sleeping well.

As far as the external solutions, I am not one who normally puts pieces of fruit or vegetables on my face, but I did try the apples twice so far and they really did seem to lighten the area underneath my eyes. It also felt very refreshing.

Hope you find this helpful.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved