Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Nacho,

I don't doubt your abilities, just giving you guidance to be prudent to your goal.

Much Love & success, Shawn

Hi everyone, this is Walter form North Wales
I am new to Spring Forest Qigong and enjoy the forum, which I have only recently discovered.
I am not starting this as a new link because it seem to be related to stretching. Thank you all for your good advice re Lotus.
I can manage a half Lotus, of a sort, with both legs. (One at a time)
But not with my foot tucked up to my trunk as Master Lin shows in the video.
Instead my heal is against my trunk with the foot pointing towards my knee.
Am I right to assume that it will become more supple with practice. Should one try to push the foot so that it is in line with the leg?
At the moment the full Lotus looks a long way off.
The meditations on cassette are about 28 minutes and I managed that by fluctuating between deliberately relaxing the thigh muscles for a few seconds and the going back to the meditation. It did spoil the meditation a little but I felt it was worth the effort. When I finished I felt as though I wanted to stay in that position. However I found it difficult to get out of the half Lotus, and to straighten my legs. It takes me ages to stand up. Is this normal?
The next time I listened to the CD and did not realise it was much longer, as a result I had to stop before the end, it was becoming too uncomfortable. But it was very enjoyable.
Thank you all once again for your input, I have lots of questions but will wait until I have read the previous links.
Take great care, keep smiling and stay healthy
Love
Walter

Shawn,

I see you using some of that good old NLP/hypnosis stuff in your message...

Nice touch!

-purjo

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Lifeforce,

When having numb legs coming out of the full lotus (or even half for that matter), spend some time massaging your big toes.

Thank you for your question and joining us Lifeforce. Be sure to search the old posts for supplemental information on this topic.

Purjo: Next you'll be claiming (practice) I'm using subliminal (practice) messages in (practice) my posts!

Much Love, Shawn

<rolling on the floor with a laughing cramp>

Ok, I admit that my message was not only for you, it was for myself too ...and anybody that cares to read it.

BTW, I ordered my SFQ 1 yesterday....

-purjo

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved