Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
tan Offline OP
OP Offline

I have several tapes on order. I thought to use a mind machine to enhance the the sessions, and too enhance the quality of my sleep and naps during the next several months. I plan to go into an accelerated full time study mode with a daily schedule to stick to. I was thinking to do the uberman photophasic sleep cycle as well, but decided against it. 6-7 hours a night sleep, with 2 or 3 very relaxed paraliminal sessions throughout the day. This last week I have been playing general motivation tapes in the background during study and I have had a good week (zig ziglar, anthony robbins...)

Anyone have recommendations for these light and sound devices? Do any work particularly well with paraliminals? Is that even a target question to ask in itself? What about binaural beats as well? Any mind machines that take well to binaural beats and parliminals. Are all L&S machines binaural compatible. I plan to convert the tapes into mp3s or waves and play off a portable mp3 player I will keep on most the day, so I am a step closer to being able to add binaural beat tracks as well? I also read machines with more colored lights have more pizzaz. Green, red, and white lights all in one machine. Any such machine like this?

Can anyone just say...get XYZ machine and all possible combinations can be covered?

Thanks

Administrator
Administrator

I suggest you start your research on these devices at www.toolsforwellness.com compare and decide what you want from the devices

Since you have already called them 'silly' in your topic header I you seem to have decided that they are useless already.

I use the proteus. I chose that one because it does binaual beats, is programmable and ready to be updated with its flash memory.

Works well on its own and works even better with a tape or CD... for this I find paraliminals an excellent choice. I just choose an appropriate setting. In fact I enjoy listening to paraliminals with the L&S device although the paraliminals definately does not require device. I've even let the voices on the tapes set the beat of the lights. If I want I just listen to the tape or CD and only use the light glasses for added effect. I also like the Proteus for the Audiostobe effect pure entertainment.

I've been using a L&S device since 1992 and upgraded to the Proteus this year (got bored of the 10 settings on the old devise as well as only having red glasses).

Research is the best way to find the right device for you, however if you consider them silly don't bother with it,

Alex

tan Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the reply. Use of "silly" was just a catch you phrase for the subject title, not to be interpreted funny.

Proteus seems excellent. Is it basically the same as the Nova Pro? On the photosonix.com website, they seem to promote single light red LED or white LEDs as being most popular/effective with their Nova Pro. They have a combo red/green glasses as well, but down the list. But for proteus at lifetools.com, they seem to prefer red/green combo. Is the choice of which colors to go for a thing to be concerned about for first L&S machine?

Thanks

Administrator
Administrator

I wasn't impressed with the nova pro. I liked the idea of being able to produce my own programs.

Personally I prefer the coloured glasses. the proteus can be controlled to switch to only single colours during programing. Having used the red glasses for many years I really enjoyed the red/greed light show and now have red/blue glasses... the red green combination is excellent. And quite strong in the proteus. I understand the nova L&S device doesn't put on as stong a light show which would make the choice of either red or white glasses better.

Alex

I used to own a Mind Gear PR-2X which is like the Nova Pro and have done some research on mind machines since then as well as tried a couple of other machines. First, I found out is that virtually none of the manufacturers are (or were at any time) invloved in any research with their local university or hospital. Second, almost all are basing their products on manuals and studies done by one or two serious makers of mind machines. And third, the Neuro-Science community regards most mind machines as entertainment toys.
Forgive me for being so blunt, but I've been using mind machines for a while and I follow the current news on this stuff. I did end up with one machine and m pleased with it. I also use it with paraliminals and hypnosis tapes and I'm painstakingly putting my own tapes together to work in sync with my machine.
My advice to you? If you're serious about this, then get a serious machine.
Sorry for being so forthright, but I've concluded that most of what's out there just isn't worth it. I haven't mentioned the brand I use because I have a strong bias for it and I'm convinced most makers just haven't done their homework.
Good hunting!

What is the brand you use?

tan Offline OP
OP Offline

I have spent hours and hours on the web searching. Wasted a couple days researching. Can you not tell what brand you use? Is it a secret?

Administrator
Administrator

This link might clue you to which L&S focuskid is partial to.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000551.html

You don't really need a L&S device for paraliminals.

Alex

tan Offline OP
OP Offline

FocusKid, would you kindly review why you feel the David Paradise XL is a better machine? I haven't seen much on it? Thanks.

p.s. I am not interested in matching L&S machine specifically with paraliminal tapes, but as another tool in my bag of tricks for enhancement.

Hi Tan

I'm glad FocusKid uses the David Paradise XL and gives a very sound recommendation for them, because the importer for life enhancement tools that I'm connected to, here in South Africa, is very decided on only importing that range of L&S machines. It just proves that it's not an uncommon favourite that FocusKid has.

The website is www.comptronic.com with a direct link to the Paradise XL at www.comptronic.com/parxl.htm

The David Paradise, not the XL, was my choice before I read this thread, but the same quality runs through all the David products.

Grant

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved