Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#51299 10/16/04 02:12 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Hope you all had safe journeys home.

Please share with all of us your experiences and stories from the retreat.

Tell us about your personal healings, your third eye opening, what happened with your friends back home, insights you gained, what was the best part of the week, and so on.

I was touched more than I could have imagined with ahas and epiphanies that surprised me.

#51300 10/16/04 02:17 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

For example...

When the room filled with the smell of the lotus, I often heard a beautiful windchime. I even got up, walked toward the front of the room to check to see how Paul had mounted windchimes above the windows of the AV booth! That's how real it sounded.

I also heard strains of music that came from above and beyond the blue curtain.

As Chunyi said, it is the universe providing...

#51301 10/16/04 02:29 PM

I had smelt the lotus scents very faintly before, but when we did the group healings, it really got powerful! In fact, I sneezed once or twice. The scent seemed to follow me about for the rest of the day too. It was interesting, particularly since no one was wearing any perfume.

Being in the master's presence was a really powerful experience, and helped me to take the meditations to a deeper and more profound level.

#51302 10/16/04 02:29 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

When Chunyi walked by me during a meditation, I saw for the first time the energy column in my torso. The colors were magnificent. It looked as real as my computer now looks in front of me. It was not in my imagination.

I was having a hard time focusing during that meditation, drifting all of the time. But when the energy column appeared, I began to straighten up as if there was a string attached to my spine and someone was lifting me. It was happening automatically without my involvement. And the fog in my mind instantlt cleared.

During the Euphoria meditation the next morning I realized that when he says "your spine gets longer and straighter" it iswas actually happens to the body when the energy moves in the body.

10 minutes after Chunyi had walked by, everything seem to have passed. My understanding now is that when you are in the presence of a master, your energy level automatically rises.

I have been with Chunyi mant times in the past, but never had the experience before. I was told that it is because my energy has risen so that the next level involved the opening of my third eye.

#51303 10/16/04 02:33 PM

During the meditations, Chunyi came over and put his sword fingers on our third eyes and his palm on our heads. The first time he did that to me, nothing happened. Then, later in the retreat, he did it a second time. I felt a powerful current of energy flow through my upper dantian down through the central energy column to settle at the bottom of the torso. It was warm and immensely powerful. I still have no idea what that did, but it sure did something!

#51304 10/16/04 02:37 PM

Many of us had experiences of waking up in the middle of the night during the retreat, particularly at around 3.30. It seems Chunyi was sending energy at this time.

He also told us of how a voice kept calling "Chunyi!" and waking him up. I and the person next to me heard this voice during the retreat. It was really loud and I was stunned. Chunyi stopped what he was doing on stage and looked around, but there was no one.

#51305 10/16/04 02:42 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

My third eye opened during four of the meditations. I have never in my entire life seen colors as beautiful, intense, brilliant, magnificent--they truly were indescribable. It was as if I had peered into another universe, another reality.

And everything I saw came into my mind from above my two eyes. I never really thought it all really came in the physical location of the third eye. I kinda thought it was more metaphorical than real. You know, I had thought maybe it was hocus pocus, because I never had an experience that supported it. My entire perspective on the world and qigong has changed.

So many things now make sense for me. My respect for Chunyi and my practice has risen dramatically. I look forward to strengthening my energy through practice of Spring Forest Qigong,

One of my three goals this year was opening my third eye. Now I have to practice enough so that it opens consistently.

#51306 10/16/04 06:05 PM

Hi,
I am checking in, but having difficulty with words for the time being. I can't describe the experience at this time. It was so intense, accelerated, and transformational. I have to go and sit with this for awhile. I will return as I can.
Love,
gallen

#51307 10/18/04 07:24 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I'm posting this on behalf of Jenny who seems to be having some problem posting -Alex

Hi Alex,

Working on Sunday - Bless you!!

I'm getting PLENTY of pop-ups - the blocker is not on at least where I can find it. My web browser is MS Internet Explorer. I have been able to post in the past but couldn't when I tried before the retreat. This isn't a good time for me to trouble shoot this, and I would like to post to the while my feelings of the retreat are so clear and strong. I will appreciate your posting it for me.

(Alex, I had intended to write a short synopsis of my experience. When I started writing and connected with my feelings, this is what came out. I guess that's the way of the Universe, huh . . . ?)

When I first read of the Qigong Retreat I felt that I absolutely HAD to participate, but for many reasons it didn't seem possible. I expressed this to Learning Strategies and that's when the Magic began. I set my intent, and with the support of the Universe, LS, and others, the path opened for me to attend.

The Magic continued even before the date to begin the retreat arrived. Perhaps a week before the retreat was to start I was exploring (in consciousness) how every major area of my life (relationships, life work, personal security, finances .. . ) were all in transition. I "wondered" where I might find a Life Coach who would coach me from the perspective of how I want to live - a spiritual one, from a place of integrity. Within a few days I received an email from LS about their new Life Coaching Program. Believe it or not, I didn't even make the connection then, but was curious. I did call and talk with Pat to explore the possibility. It felt great! She seemed to know exactly where I was coming from with very little information. My thinking self did throw in a few comments now and then: "better watch out . . . too good to be true . . . ?another money making proposition . . . they couldn't REALLY care about me, could they?"

My heart didn't buy those excuses but I felt very ambivalent. I told Pat that I'd like to let the idea simmer through the retreat and then revisit the possibility. She agreed whole heartedly - it would be totally my decision she said. Pat and I connected briefly throughout the retreat but didn't talk about the coaching program.

I went to the Tuesday night presentation Paul gave about the Life Coach Program. I was amazed at his passion for the program, and his passion to contribute to the good of others every moment of every day. And then, I felt my energy merge with his energy and I ABSOLUTELY KNEW that this program was right for me. I got tickled then when I realized that I had created this opportunity in my life with the intent I had set days earlier and could have missed it by getting hooked by my logical mind. I had brought some practical questions with me to the presentation but suddenly they seemed trite and unimportant. It all felt very simple now, it is the right thing to do.

When I began the retreat I set my intent to be open to experiencing everything that I could with no expectation, and that I did. My experience ran the gaunt. Within the 6 days I was euphoric, distressed, discouraged, encouraged - and through the last few days experienced the sadness of a lifetime, or perhaps lifetimes. I received messages, directions, support and validation of my path. I developed my confidence in my ability to heal myself and others. Although I didn't connect personally with a large number of the people attending, I felt totally connected with everyone there - not for a moment did I feel alone. Most importantly of all (my emotion is overflowing :-) ) I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT OF MY CONNECTION WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IN THE UNIVERSE. I give thanks and appreciation to each one of you who chose to join me on this amazing journey - a time of magic - time out of time.

I was most amazed at Chunyi Lin's willingness/determination to share himself totally for our benefit. The Learning Strategies staff were amazing models of experiencing life with love, joy, and compassion, and being present in the moment. Every participant opened their heart to everyone else. There was not one aspect of the retreat that didn't teach me something wonderful.

I love each of you, and I love the energy we created as a group. I will cherish this feeling and visit it often. I will choose to return to it whenever doubt or confusion slips in - whenever I begin to forget who I really am , who we really are - all One . We are going to make a difference in this world - It can be no other way.

With heartfelt love and appreciation,
Jenny

#51308 10/18/04 04:05 PM

Hi,
The retreat was wonderful. What a great week.
I want to thank the Learning Stategies family for doing such a great job. Stellar job.
Prior to this, I had this special connection to my experience of a level 4 retreat, a bit over a year ago. I can't compare the two, as they were so different, and I felt great progress at both. One difference I felt regarding this one, was the level of intensity in the overall energy to the retreat. Something about the great purpose to it too. I seemed to be walking around alot, during the retreat, just sort of saying to myself,,,"whoa " I have only had a 'sustained' experience like this, perhaps only once before. I spoke a few times with Shawn, how difficult it was for my family to adjust to my energy, as I came home each night(I commuted each day). Fortunately, all the help , support, and technique was there to help with that. Now, I have one happy me, and one happy family, and all is just great.
I don't feel it is necessary to get into personal work I did there. It was as Pete expressed. What I sought to achieve, happened.
I have to share one tidbit that was the frosting on the cake for me. It could easily be explained away as something of coincidence, or not what I experienced it as.
During the course of the retreat, and just prior to the retreat, I was changing my space at home. My altar, my workspace, etc. Simplifying and focusing the energy, making choices, etc. I put a new picture up , regarding my master's energy, in part of my studio. There was this plant sitting next to that area. I noticed, as the retreat progressed, and we covered such things, at the retreat, this plant, all of sudden became very healthy, and at least, 'twice' as big'. Anyway, I was noticing alot of changes in my home. So, I get home from the retreat on the last day, and was vacuuming out my rental car to return. On the first day of the retreat, I had brought with me, a special rock from my altar, that I brought back from the level 4 retreat. I brought it , as a connection to my altar. By the second day, I realized it was gone. I looked everywhere, several times... This car, at home, and in all my clothing, anything I brought to the retreat, etc..., several times... I felt a loss, but also know that things like this rock, can sometimes go back to the earth, or whatever, and it is a natural return, whatever work pretaining to it, or our relationship and work together , finished, or whatever.. So, i completely vacuum this car, floor , seats, etc., making one last check for this rock. I finish, put the vaccum back in my house, and come out to the car to drive it back to the rental place.
As I open the car door, the rock, is sitting, dead center on the driver's seat! Another, "whoa" !
love,
gallen

#51309 10/18/04 11:15 PM

Hi Everyone!

During an evening meditation during the Retreat, Master Lin came by and put his hand on my head and I felt this electrical warmth all through my torso - especially on the side where he was standing. Then he zapped my 3rd eye and the heat and electricity intensified until he left. Chunyi says he always sends energy to us when he goes to bed and when he gets up and meditates. That night I retired around 12:00 and about 10 minutes later, I clairaudiently heard Master call my name - just as clear as if he were in the room! Then, I mysteriously woke up at 3 a.m. The next day, Master said that he went to bed at - - 12:00 and got up at - - 3 a.m.!

Wow! What a connection!!

#51310 10/20/04 01:54 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

About my hand...

I had surgery the first Monday of the healing Retreat.

This past Monday they removed the splint to look at the open air wound and start therapy. It was quite gruesome, but... The first words out of her mouth were:

"I wonder why there isn't any swelling?"

Yesterday I met with the doctor for the first time. He said:

"This is excellent. No swelling. The flesh is bright red. Perfect drainage. Look at how fast the skin is regrowing.There will be minimal scarring. You might not even notice it."

: )

#51311 10/20/04 01:59 PM

Congratulations, Pete!

KWLee

#51312 10/20/04 04:57 PM

My experiences before the week of the retreat, during the retreat and afterwards has been incredible. Where to start...
My third eye started opening until I looked at the area where I was trying to figure out what was going on then I lost it. Then next day something similar happened but there was a circle of clouds and beyond the cirlce of clouds was another dimension. I was one of the people that thought once I went beyond that limit something would happen so I didn't pursue it. During one of the meditations I had a vision of Christ appear. One of the most powerful experiences I had was during the Rainbow meditation. Besides actually seeing different colors a flood of energy went through me several times and my body actually jerked from head to toe during part of it. That night I was so energized I had a hard time sleeping. I was usually up at 3:30 or 4:00 long before the alarm, which I had set but never used. Since we've learned such great habits during that week, I've tried to continue with some of them. I'm still getting up an hour earlier than I need to do meditation and do a few exercises, I've been meditating before I go to sleep and have been working with the weight loss video ever since I got home. I am physically getting strong everyday. I did notice during the very last group meditation that was the first time I wasn't swaying with all the energy...my feet were actually planted on the ground even the they felt like they were on fire. I also heard the rumbling and some music at the end of that meditation. Incredible...

#51313 10/20/04 07:46 PM

Pete,
This quote pretty much sums up the experiences I encountered last week:

"What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know EXACTLY what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it."
- Alexander Graham Bell, 1847-1922, British-born American Inventor of Telephone

Thanks again to Master Lin, and ALL the Learning Strategies staff for a wonderful life changing experience!

The adventure continuues..............

#51314 10/21/04 11:27 AM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

From Sharon:

Actually this is probably one of a few things that I have kept going even after the retreat was over. Since we learned such good habits while we were there, I've tried to keep close to that as possible so have been meditating at night and getting up at 4:30 to meditate before going to work. Since today was my first day back, I'm hoping I can keep both times going.

#51315 10/22/04 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by skusnerz:
My third eye started opening until I looked at the area where I was trying to figure out what was going on then I lost it. Then next day something similar happened but there was a circle of clouds and beyond the cirlce of clouds was another dimension. I was one of the people that thought once I went beyond that limit something would happen so I didn't pursue it. During one of the meditations I had a vision of Christ appear. One of the most powerful experiences I had was during the Rainbow meditation. Besides actually seeing different colors a flood of energy went through me several times and my body actually jerked from head to toe during part of it. ... I also heard the rumbling and some music at the end of that meditation. Incredible...

Your description sounds very much like
you had an out-of-body experience,
especially your description of your
body jerking and what you were seeing.

I wonder if anyone actually knew they
were having an out-of-body experience
during the retreat?

#51316 10/26/04 05:39 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

posted October 23, 2004 08:51 PM    

I, too smelled the lotus--strongly--during the meditations. I thought it MUST be perfume, but with each new experience, I realized it must be more esoteric than that. And, like the rest of you, I was awakened around 3:30 am many mornings. Master Lin must have been working on us.

#51317 10/26/04 05:42 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

rhonda_g
posted October 24, 2004 09:11 PM

I'm sitting here, a week after getting home from the retreat, eating rice, squash, and spinach mushroom soup. A nice benefit from the retreat--learning to treat myself to good food. It is really noteworthy because I usually eat out and you can't find food out there that is as good as fresh food you lovingly prepare for yourself/family.

My other comments on the retreat are those kinds of statements that anyone not there might have a hard time swallowing. Wonderful? Awesome? Inspiring? Life-changing? I could go on. I really must say, however, that Master Chunyi Lin is beyond simple verbal description. What a treat finding that out was!

My experience while there has already receded into the background of my mind. With my reality of indebtedness and clutter and lack of focus to create the life I wanted, along with lots to do and learn at work, it's hard to remember that a week ago I was not concerned with any problems in my life--I knew I could work them all out in time. I know I was hoping I would come home and move through all this with the force of a tornado and be done with it--so I could start writing and painting--and whatever else. Ah, the universe had other things in mind! What I do have is energy to work with these problems--as long as they take. Energy was seriously lacking for quite some time. So, I'm cooking food and clearing one little bit at a time.

What else? Well, I have always known I was a very spiritual person--but in recent years that seemed to have slipped away and I was fairly proud of my new sarcasm, ability to hold my own on the commute, and righteous judgmentalism (ooooh we don't even like putting that one down!) The retreat was like a dip in a cool spring of life--I remembered what I was here for--or at least how I was supposed to BE here. Have all my old mental attitudes melted completely--no. I can still get into them if I want to. The interesting thing is, I'm feeling more and more "selfish" as Master Lin says--I prefer to hold onto the Joy. It's easy to get angry and anxious and clinging and grasping--but it's even easier to let go of it and entertain joy for a moment instead.

The best part of the retreat--besides the unique experiences and presence of Master Lin--was meeting so many wonderful people--including those that worked so hard to make our experience worthwhile. I hope to hear from them in this Forum to keep the sense of community going--and--if you're out there--I wish all of you the strength and fortitude to pursue your dreams--whether they are for health, happiness, joy, or growth! You all gave me so much while I was there--I will be sending you love in gratitude!

Okay, enough for now. I really need to go get busy--meditating!

babayada
posted October 25, 2004 03:40 AM

I consider myself a usually quite skeptical person, but I have to tell you I find the retreat accounts simply amazing.

I have had my own experiences with energy based healing, and I have had people tell me, willy nilly, that my experiences were due to the placebo effect. Maybe. There is a chance, but these individuals were not there. They do not have the benefit of witnessing first hand what occurred, so their statements are from their own beliefs rather than direct experience. Which is more scientific?

I really think that everything I have read here is simply wonderful. I see things happening for people, amazing events occurring, and magic, for lack of a better word, happening in people's lives.

I think it's great and wish you all the best.

Iam2
posted October 25, 2004 09:17 AM    

Great post rhonda_g, it's so nice that you've recognized and embraced that SFQ is more than just the meditations. Your heal is part of your ever moment and every choice.

babayada, scepticism is often a very valuable assest. Science is based on observations, but without the observations how can people modify their models of the universe. My attitude towards the Placebo Effect has changed, over the last year or so. The placebo effect is basically used as a catch-all for things that don't fit an observers model. The results in placebo cases are very real. So science would say that a model that predicts no result must be incomplete (incorrect), and needs to be changed. So why aren't the placebo effects being studied towards the creation of more accurate models?

Just a little food for thought. My original post was much longer and only slimly related to SFQ. This is one forum that stays close to it's core theme. Wonderings / wanderings like the ones I almost posted are better suited for forums like Beyond Human, but I could help but spit the above out.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51318 10/26/04 05:45 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

khbirShah
posted October 24, 2004 07:01 AM  

I too had both experiences on many occasions.
For the first two nights when I got up, I just went back to sleep within a few seconds, whereas when I got up during the remaining nights I did some meditation and found the experience wonderful.

Iam2
posted October 24, 2004 10:26 AM

You people had a wonderful experience at the retreat. Make me sorry I missed it.

But I just had to sneak in here and say Hi Lakhbir. I remember you from the retreat, last summer. I'm glad you made it to this retreat. I know a few others from last year's retreat went as well. (Thank you again Juanita and Les).

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51319 10/25/04 09:18 PM

Regarding placebo, I get that a lot. There's nothing wrong with placebo. It's self healing. What I ask, though, is why the antibiotics, the surgery, the chemo or whatever the client tried previosly didn't trigger a placebo that provided the level of healing that occurred with energy work?

#51320 10/25/04 11:48 PM

Iam2
posted October 24, 2004 10:26 AM

You people had a wonderful experience at the retreat. Make me sorry I missed it.

But I just had to sneak in here and say Hi Lakhbir. I remember you from the retreat, last summer. I'm glad you made it to this retreat. I know a few others from last year's retreat went as well. (Thank you again Juanita and Les).

You are perfection.
Iam2 [/B][/QUOTE]

John

You where in my mind from the beginning of the retreat. I thought you might feel some of the energy. It really was an awesome retreat. It is hard to explain really what a person experienced. There were times that we were moved to tears during the group meditations. It was some amazing energy.
I was glad that you were able to join us on the healing phone calls at least.
The thing I would like most is a recording of the prayer the Master Lin would repeat at the end of those phone calls. It felt so powerful.
I am sitting here in my new Spring Forest Qigong Shirt, and really missing the energy. I find myself keep looking down at the symbol on the shirt? Seems odd to me!
Les just asked me yesterday... "So would you attend another Qigong Retreat?" of course my response was "absolutely, you?" Oh yeah, we're in on the next one for sure...

There is going to be a next one isn't there Pete?

Love Juanita

#51321 10/26/04 03:27 AM

Hello, fellow retreaters...and John from last Aug's retreat! Yes, it was awesome! I am so glad your hand is doing so well, Pete, although we all knew it would! Your shared experiences with the opening of your third eye were great! I, too had some earth shattering experiences, but not with my third eye. Mine were more emotional (altho I am not an emotional person) and cleansing. My last one was when I actually thought I was going to pass out at the final group healing..I was dripping with sweat, I was so nauseous I thought I was going to throw up..I backed up and sat down on a chair that was behind me without having to break the circle... that was very important to me - not breaking the circle. The feeling lasted until the end of the ceremony, then it was immediately gone. There was just too much energy swirling around the room! One very important insight that I got was a reminder that as I look into the eyes of another, I am looking into my own - when I am forgiving someone, I am forgiving myself - when I am sharing love with others, I am loving myself. We are truly ONE! The way it was expressed to me was unique and totally filled with love. There were so many experiences felt by me and others that it will last a lifetime!

#51322 10/26/04 04:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

My experience at the retreat was fantastic. I received everything that I had wished for and more. Meeting Master Lin was the Highlihgt. He is such a kind and generous man. I feel very blessed. The group energy was wonderful. Thank you to everyone that particpated. My family was affected by our meditations. It stirred up old stuff that needed to be released. My boys said it was a very wierd
week, dreams, sleep walking, difficult sleeping. I am encouraging them to do some Spring Forest Qigong. I am getting up an hour early every day to do my active exercises and meditation. It feels great. I feel more centered and joyous. I also want to thank Learning Strategies, you guys and gals are wonderful.
Blessings to all of you,
rbrown

#51323 10/26/04 04:07 PM

Being a beginner at Spring Forest Qigong, my experiences at the retreat were a lot more subtle, yet still for me quite profound in a way that is difficult to put into words. My best-friend, upon my return home said to me “this experience has changed you.” I know that for the first time in probably ten years I felt truly rested and energized even with the full days we experienced, and I could run up the stairs to my room on the third floor without being winded which prior to the retreat one flight of stairs was getting to be rather difficult.

I am finding it a challenge to hold onto that feeling of peace that just grew and grew during the retreat, but someone just reminded me to “keep it simple” I don’t have to do it perfect, just do what I can.

It was also very humbling and a privilege to be with such an amazing group of people. My deep gratitude to Master Lin and his colleagues, for their sharing of themselves and all of the energy and efforts and love from the Learning Strategies staff for creating such a nurturing and healing environment.

#51324 10/29/04 11:59 AM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Joyce, you mention feeling nauseated. That reminded me of when I first began doing the Small Universe some time ago. I felt so nauseated that I could not finish the meditation. I felt I would hurl.

(Sweet of me to mention it, eh!)

Chunyi said it was the energy moving. I said I felt I would throw up. He said, throw up. Move through it.

Well the next time I did Small Universe I just sat with the nauseated feeling and it passed, and all was right.

===

My sister had a horrible bout with cancer in the past couple of years, but she never had time for Qigong. As you could imagine, it was a little tough for me to take, but as Chunyi says, love, kindness, forgiveness.

I brought her into our group healings.

The week after the Retreat she called and asked about Qigong. I told her to pull out the Small Universe recording and do that sitting meditation every single day. Even when you don't feel like doing it, do it. And when you can consistently do the hour and keep your focus, go to the hour version.

She called me the next day. She said she felt so nauseated that she had to quit. I told her what Chunyi told me.

She's done it every day since then!

===

My friend Jane, in her 70s, had been having lousy medical test results with her cancer markings climbing higher and higher over six months.

I brought her in every day to our group healings. At her next appointment the doctor said, it must have been a string of false highs.

===

Another friend found breast lumps. She underwent tests and they said there was no cancer. She just had them remove, and they were clear.

Now, I don't know the effect of the group healings on her, but I am happy I brought her in, nonetheless. And she was my guest for the telephone healings.

I know so many women whose lumps disappeared after practicing Qigong... But some people choose not to practice Qigong. And that is all right. All we all can do it put it out there, so that people can make the choice. And when it is someone close to us who chooses to pass, remember love, kindness, forgiveness.

#51325 10/29/04 12:02 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Dear Pete,

WONDERFUL - AMAZING - MAGICAL

I enjoyed every minute, Master Lin made learning so much fun.

Thanks to you, Paul, Shawn and all the helpers; there was such a lovely atmosphere, all the love and laughter, it was an absolute tonic.

Because my hearing is not good I missed a lot, particularly the questions & answers, so would I be able to receive the "notes".

Best Wishes

Sheila.

===

We'll send out an email to all Retreaters as soon as the note-takers have everything compiled. Pete

#51326 10/30/04 05:56 AM

Thanks to everyone for their support and continued support with my healing buddy. It helps to keep the connection going.

Recently,I've started to remember to do the virtual compass before starting the active exercise and I am flabergasted at the results when I remember to use it. Last night for one split second I felt what it was like to merge with the universe or go into the emptiness...amazing.

Sometimes I am the first person in the office. Today when opening up the office door someone was on the otherside. It surprised me since I didn't expect to see anyone standing there but my reaction would have been one of my heart missing a few beats before. Well, my reaction to seeing someone on the otherside of the door when I opened it was totally unexpected. Even though I was surprised to see someone there, I wasn't afraid. This is totally new for me since fear used to be the first place I'd go before.

[This message has been edited by skusnerz (edited October 29, 2004).]

#51327 10/30/04 04:03 PM

Peter - is there any chance you would be willing to share the notes from the retreat with others who were not there physically? Or do you think we would not be able to benefit from them? I'd love to see them if you would be willing. All the accounts of the retreat are so amazing and inspiring and wonderful to read. I have every hope of attending the next one, or one sometime in the future.

Gratefully,
Stephanie

#51328 11/01/04 05:28 PM

Pete, Here is a forwarded message from Johann Marti, one of the participate in the retreat:

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your email and the Photos. They are great and I am
very thankful for them. They aer the best of all I have!!!
I had a big surprise I did not notice untill Midafternoon the day I got
home. I was talking to my wife and thaugther about the Converence
when I sudenly noticed that I did not have any backpain that I had for over
30 years and have not fellt since.
It was the result of the last healing seshion, when we all held hands, after
witch I ran off to the waiting Taxicab.
I very much hope you will have some positive results, if not yet then in the
future!!!
More some other time.

Best regards

Johann W. Marti

#51329 11/04/04 02:30 AM

At the retreat did you receive the wednesday afternoon discussing Feng Shui? No one made any mention of it.

Jeff

#51330 11/04/04 03:28 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha,
Yes, he touched on Feng Shui one day, special weight loss techniques another, etc. etc, etc...

So much wonderful info, it's all settling in now and that part may not be showing up in their lives as of yet.

I was talking to a friend from this retreat who was also attending this weekend's Wealth Making Seminar. He said that he had been doing the weight loss exercises Master Lin demonstrated, and at the same time visualizing bringing in certain friends and family members to do it with him (like you can do with any of the mediations or active exercises.) The funny thing Shawn, is that I got calls out of the blue from a couple of them telling me about this weight they had been losing -and none knew that I had brought them in!

Plenty of people that couldn't make it (and those that were there) are asking if we're doing it again and when. That's up to Pete, Chunyi and the universe I guess.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited November 04, 2004).]

#51331 11/05/04 02:48 AM

Aloha Shawn;

Look forward to hearing any Feng Shui secrets when things settle down for eveyone

Jeff

#51332 11/05/04 07:27 AM

Hi All
This is really the first opportunity I've had since the retreat to sit down and write to offer my deepest thanks and love to Master Lin who is without doubt the most generous, gifted, caring, wonderful, amazing man and teacher I've ever had the pleasure to meet, to his fantastic assistants who were so helpful to us all (and for me particularly, Gallen and Sue), to Pete, Paul, Shawn and all the wonderful support staff from Learning Strategies, and to my fellow retreaters - wow what a bunch!!

I had the experience of a lifetime, and although I had some very minor niggling doubts before, I can say in all honesty now that I truly believe that SFQ is the most amazing and powerful healing (in all meanings of the word) modality that there is in this world.

Like many of you have already observed, I too had very powerful experiences in smelling the lotus scent at each of the meditations, and the group healings had the most amazing energy I have ever experienced - shooting up and down my body like electricity bolts. I also experienced some very emotional periods with lots of tears and confusion, and in a couple of the meditations my heart opened which was a very powerful and wonderful thing.

A large cyst (the size of an egg before the retreat)in my left breast is now all but gone.

Obviously - I'm in awe and can't wait until the next retreat!

With love to all
Desley

#51333 11/05/04 04:54 PM

This is a logistics question for Pete or Shawn. How do we make our appointments for the eight phone sessions with Master Lin? I called his house to make the appointment with Mrs. Lin, as I usually do, and Master Lin himself answered and gave me the Healing Center number. When I called the Healing Center, I was told that Learning Strategies would be making these arrangements. What is my next step?

#51334 11/09/04 02:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffdengr:
At the retreat did you receive the wednesday afternoon discussing Feng Shui? No one made any mention of it.

Jeff

Yes Jeff there was some information on Feng Shui and the importance of placement of objects etc.
I came home and draped scarves and such over the bedroom mirror. My husband says he is going to remove it totally one of these days. In the meantime, the scarves look rather nice.
He also talked about the power centre in your home etc. I would have to find my notes to get much more in depth but it was all wonderful information that was received.
Juanita

#51335 11/09/04 02:24 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Claudia - The post Retreat healing sessions are with your Healing Partner, your Healing Buddy, not with Master Lin.

==

About my sister. She has continued doing the 30-minute Small Universe each day, missing only once. She called this past weekend to say her aches and pains are gone.

Her feet hurt so much that it was a struggle to walk in the morning. All better!

This had been going on for over a year since her cancer surgery.

===

I had been doing so many one-hour Small Universe sessions after the Retreat that when I did a 30-minute one earlier this morning it seemed finished in a bat of an eye. It felt a little incomplete.

#51336 11/10/04 12:52 AM

Thank you for the info on Feng Shui, I just received more info that Learning Strategies is setting up a Feng Shui retreat.
Jeff

#51337 11/19/04 03:52 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I have great news. We got back electricity yesterday. No phone still, but hopefully that will also come soon, and I can be back on line fully, rather than having to grab a moment on a computer. I have not been able to visit
the website for the retreat participants etc. However, please convey to all the wonderful people who were there that things are improving for me, and that even though I may not be back in our apartment until January, at least
life is becoming more comfortable. I really appreciate all the concern and love that was expressed to me during the retreat.

Warm wishes

Taimoon

#51338 11/19/04 07:55 PM

I am so excited to have a personal good news story I had a lung nodule that showed up on a CT at 3 mm in Jan 2004 then a followup in Aug showed it was 6.5 mm - after coming to the retreat and doing the sword fingers and visualizing during meditations I had a follow-up CT this week and when they called to have me pick up the old CT's and bring them over I suspected what they confirmed - there is NOTHING there - YEAH! I also put myself in the Sat healing so thank you everyone!
I am more confident to work on my other blockages now!!!

#51339 12/27/04 02:56 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Paul, Pete, Shawn, et al,

At the retreat in October you told us to find one or two people to work with on a continuing basis as healing buddies. I thought I would share my experience with this as it may offer some opportunities to help the other retreat attendees and may even help you with some of your other programs.

I left the retreat with a list of 4 people that had agreed to "meet" via phone. None of us had any real idea how we were going to do this, but we had each others e-mails and phone numbers.

After several weeks passed I decided that I needed to do something or this was never going to get off the ground. I had heard something
about a free conference call service, so I started searching on the internet. What I found was a service offered by www.freeconferencecall.com that offers you a phone number to call and a code number. You can arrange calls as often as you like by sending emails to the folks that you want to meet. The service never needs to be notified that you are doing it. They can accommodate up to 96
people for 6 hours on each call. I signed up - there was no charge. At the 6 month point I need to reconfirm with them that I am using it.

We have been consistently meeting on Thursday night at 9PM CST. We have participants from Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, and Arkansas.

We have been meeting weekly since late October. Our group has grown to 8 people at this point as some of the healing buddies have other friends from the retreat whose groups never got off the ground. We have been meeting for about an hour each time. We typically talk for a
little while sharing our QiGong experiences from the week and asking each other questions. Then we set up a group healing putting all of our friends and relatives who have problems into the center. Following this, any of us who would like a healing sit in "the chair" and the
rest detect, share the results of that, and then heal the person. We don't all make it to every meeting, but we all agree that we are feeling our skill set growing and the energy moving more freely. This is great.

I was hoping that you might be able to share this model with the other participants so that they can experience the benefits. I think it might also be something that could be used with the Saturday group healings that Shawn is running. You would just need to post the phone number and code and people could join you by phone. If any of you would like to join us some Thursday night to experience what I am talking about we would be glad to have you. Let me know and I will send you the number and the code.

I appreciate all you do.

Jane Garvey
garveyjane+aol.com

(Be sure to replace the + with @ to email Jane. Sorry for the added step, but their are automated programs out there that scour discussion forums to pick up email addresses and send spam messages to)

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited December 27, 2004).]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved