Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#51309 10/18/04 11:15 PM

Hi Everyone!

During an evening meditation during the Retreat, Master Lin came by and put his hand on my head and I felt this electrical warmth all through my torso - especially on the side where he was standing. Then he zapped my 3rd eye and the heat and electricity intensified until he left. Chunyi says he always sends energy to us when he goes to bed and when he gets up and meditates. That night I retired around 12:00 and about 10 minutes later, I clairaudiently heard Master call my name - just as clear as if he were in the room! Then, I mysteriously woke up at 3 a.m. The next day, Master said that he went to bed at - - 12:00 and got up at - - 3 a.m.!

Wow! What a connection!!

#51310 10/20/04 01:54 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

About my hand...

I had surgery the first Monday of the healing Retreat.

This past Monday they removed the splint to look at the open air wound and start therapy. It was quite gruesome, but... The first words out of her mouth were:

"I wonder why there isn't any swelling?"

Yesterday I met with the doctor for the first time. He said:

"This is excellent. No swelling. The flesh is bright red. Perfect drainage. Look at how fast the skin is regrowing.There will be minimal scarring. You might not even notice it."

: )

#51311 10/20/04 01:59 PM

Congratulations, Pete!

KWLee

#51312 10/20/04 04:57 PM

My experiences before the week of the retreat, during the retreat and afterwards has been incredible. Where to start...
My third eye started opening until I looked at the area where I was trying to figure out what was going on then I lost it. Then next day something similar happened but there was a circle of clouds and beyond the cirlce of clouds was another dimension. I was one of the people that thought once I went beyond that limit something would happen so I didn't pursue it. During one of the meditations I had a vision of Christ appear. One of the most powerful experiences I had was during the Rainbow meditation. Besides actually seeing different colors a flood of energy went through me several times and my body actually jerked from head to toe during part of it. That night I was so energized I had a hard time sleeping. I was usually up at 3:30 or 4:00 long before the alarm, which I had set but never used. Since we've learned such great habits during that week, I've tried to continue with some of them. I'm still getting up an hour earlier than I need to do meditation and do a few exercises, I've been meditating before I go to sleep and have been working with the weight loss video ever since I got home. I am physically getting strong everyday. I did notice during the very last group meditation that was the first time I wasn't swaying with all the energy...my feet were actually planted on the ground even the they felt like they were on fire. I also heard the rumbling and some music at the end of that meditation. Incredible...

#51313 10/20/04 07:46 PM

Pete,
This quote pretty much sums up the experiences I encountered last week:

"What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know EXACTLY what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it."
- Alexander Graham Bell, 1847-1922, British-born American Inventor of Telephone

Thanks again to Master Lin, and ALL the Learning Strategies staff for a wonderful life changing experience!

The adventure continuues..............

#51314 10/21/04 11:27 AM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

From Sharon:

Actually this is probably one of a few things that I have kept going even after the retreat was over. Since we learned such good habits while we were there, I've tried to keep close to that as possible so have been meditating at night and getting up at 4:30 to meditate before going to work. Since today was my first day back, I'm hoping I can keep both times going.

#51315 10/22/04 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by skusnerz:
My third eye started opening until I looked at the area where I was trying to figure out what was going on then I lost it. Then next day something similar happened but there was a circle of clouds and beyond the cirlce of clouds was another dimension. I was one of the people that thought once I went beyond that limit something would happen so I didn't pursue it. During one of the meditations I had a vision of Christ appear. One of the most powerful experiences I had was during the Rainbow meditation. Besides actually seeing different colors a flood of energy went through me several times and my body actually jerked from head to toe during part of it. ... I also heard the rumbling and some music at the end of that meditation. Incredible...

Your description sounds very much like
you had an out-of-body experience,
especially your description of your
body jerking and what you were seeing.

I wonder if anyone actually knew they
were having an out-of-body experience
during the retreat?

#51316 10/26/04 05:39 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

posted October 23, 2004 08:51 PM    

I, too smelled the lotus--strongly--during the meditations. I thought it MUST be perfume, but with each new experience, I realized it must be more esoteric than that. And, like the rest of you, I was awakened around 3:30 am many mornings. Master Lin must have been working on us.

#51317 10/26/04 05:42 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

rhonda_g
posted October 24, 2004 09:11 PM

I'm sitting here, a week after getting home from the retreat, eating rice, squash, and spinach mushroom soup. A nice benefit from the retreat--learning to treat myself to good food. It is really noteworthy because I usually eat out and you can't find food out there that is as good as fresh food you lovingly prepare for yourself/family.

My other comments on the retreat are those kinds of statements that anyone not there might have a hard time swallowing. Wonderful? Awesome? Inspiring? Life-changing? I could go on. I really must say, however, that Master Chunyi Lin is beyond simple verbal description. What a treat finding that out was!

My experience while there has already receded into the background of my mind. With my reality of indebtedness and clutter and lack of focus to create the life I wanted, along with lots to do and learn at work, it's hard to remember that a week ago I was not concerned with any problems in my life--I knew I could work them all out in time. I know I was hoping I would come home and move through all this with the force of a tornado and be done with it--so I could start writing and painting--and whatever else. Ah, the universe had other things in mind! What I do have is energy to work with these problems--as long as they take. Energy was seriously lacking for quite some time. So, I'm cooking food and clearing one little bit at a time.

What else? Well, I have always known I was a very spiritual person--but in recent years that seemed to have slipped away and I was fairly proud of my new sarcasm, ability to hold my own on the commute, and righteous judgmentalism (ooooh we don't even like putting that one down!) The retreat was like a dip in a cool spring of life--I remembered what I was here for--or at least how I was supposed to BE here. Have all my old mental attitudes melted completely--no. I can still get into them if I want to. The interesting thing is, I'm feeling more and more "selfish" as Master Lin says--I prefer to hold onto the Joy. It's easy to get angry and anxious and clinging and grasping--but it's even easier to let go of it and entertain joy for a moment instead.

The best part of the retreat--besides the unique experiences and presence of Master Lin--was meeting so many wonderful people--including those that worked so hard to make our experience worthwhile. I hope to hear from them in this Forum to keep the sense of community going--and--if you're out there--I wish all of you the strength and fortitude to pursue your dreams--whether they are for health, happiness, joy, or growth! You all gave me so much while I was there--I will be sending you love in gratitude!

Okay, enough for now. I really need to go get busy--meditating!

babayada
posted October 25, 2004 03:40 AM

I consider myself a usually quite skeptical person, but I have to tell you I find the retreat accounts simply amazing.

I have had my own experiences with energy based healing, and I have had people tell me, willy nilly, that my experiences were due to the placebo effect. Maybe. There is a chance, but these individuals were not there. They do not have the benefit of witnessing first hand what occurred, so their statements are from their own beliefs rather than direct experience. Which is more scientific?

I really think that everything I have read here is simply wonderful. I see things happening for people, amazing events occurring, and magic, for lack of a better word, happening in people's lives.

I think it's great and wish you all the best.

Iam2
posted October 25, 2004 09:17 AM    

Great post rhonda_g, it's so nice that you've recognized and embraced that SFQ is more than just the meditations. Your heal is part of your ever moment and every choice.

babayada, scepticism is often a very valuable assest. Science is based on observations, but without the observations how can people modify their models of the universe. My attitude towards the Placebo Effect has changed, over the last year or so. The placebo effect is basically used as a catch-all for things that don't fit an observers model. The results in placebo cases are very real. So science would say that a model that predicts no result must be incomplete (incorrect), and needs to be changed. So why aren't the placebo effects being studied towards the creation of more accurate models?

Just a little food for thought. My original post was much longer and only slimly related to SFQ. This is one forum that stays close to it's core theme. Wonderings / wanderings like the ones I almost posted are better suited for forums like Beyond Human, but I could help but spit the above out.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51318 10/26/04 05:45 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

khbirShah
posted October 24, 2004 07:01 AM  

I too had both experiences on many occasions.
For the first two nights when I got up, I just went back to sleep within a few seconds, whereas when I got up during the remaining nights I did some meditation and found the experience wonderful.

Iam2
posted October 24, 2004 10:26 AM

You people had a wonderful experience at the retreat. Make me sorry I missed it.

But I just had to sneak in here and say Hi Lakhbir. I remember you from the retreat, last summer. I'm glad you made it to this retreat. I know a few others from last year's retreat went as well. (Thank you again Juanita and Les).

You are perfection.
Iam2

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved