Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#51399 10/26/04 03:54 PM
OP Offline

I have been doing SFQ since May, 3-4 times/wk, about an hour per session, plus the sitting meditations 3-4 times/wk. I have not experienced any benefits from this. My health has worsened during this period, and my back hurts while doing the exercises. I now dread doing SFQ. What am I doing wrong?

#51400 10/26/04 04:40 PM

Hi Tj! I totaly sympathize with what you're going thru. My symptoms got worse also, and my healing seems to be going slow. One thing that helps me alot is to do the exercises lying down or sitting down. It's easier to go into a relaxed state that way and thus focus on feelin the energy. It's very hard to find the emptiness when pain is present. Also, I wonder if taking an analgesic a half hour before practicing would help? take care

#51401 10/26/04 09:22 PM

Hi,
As you have heard, there is a good, better, best to practicing qigong. I find that if I want to move past something, or get my practice to another level, it often takes more commitment to practice. The 'ideal', beginning practice is two hrs per day. It is not mandatory to do this , to benefit from qigong.
You can build up your practice over time, and make it as comfortable or easy a progression as you like. Remember the concept of life style, how many hrs there are in a weeks time of living. All the good and possibly not so good energy workings that transpire in that time period. Do you brush your teeth three or four times a week? How many times do you eat, and what?,,,,or what do you think about?? How is your posture and breathing, as you write this post? Are you thinking positively? Good energy and negative, or extra energy you don't need.. mindfulness, awareness...
You are not doing anything wrong. Your cup is half full with a good starting practice of SFQ. I think you should build your practice to everyday, and put out a new message regarding your self perception of that practice. Move it to a healing perspective, and a positive message. Change what it takes to make it a positive practice for you, and practice more. SFQ does not make your health worse. It improves your health. One can experience discomfort in that process, or symptoms amplify. Use common sense, along with will power and focus. Once you put the message out, of 'completely clear', hold your focus to that vibration. Your mind can undo what you gain or clear, quite easily. A sensation, again involving common sense, can be experienced as healing, or pain reverting to a worsened condition. Your consciousness can move the energy either way.
love,
gallen

#51402 10/26/04 10:02 PM
OP Offline

I'm not sure if I understand your response. I'm saying that SFQ causes me to experience a painful back, and you're saying do it more often?

Doing it more is a hard pill to swallow when I perceive no benefits to doing it at all, and it hurts to do it.

#51403 10/26/04 10:53 PM

Tjapukai, doing the active exercise for half an hour every day, especially at the same time, is better than doing an hour 3 or 4 times a week. The value of regularity and commitment should not be under estimated.

You don't have to do all of the exercises in the active meditations. Do a few today and a few tomorrow. Work and regularity in your practice.

If you are have not experienced any of the benefits from SFQ. Review the material again. I would suggest to you to learn the meditations well enough that you can do them without Master Lin's guidance, and just use the meditation music, or silence. Once you can do this I would suggest, for you, that you spend more time at the beginning in the starting to meditation for a few sessions. Specifically the combining with the universe, going into the emptiness, and calling on your master.

This is what I feel you need to work on. As a closing you are not doing anything wrong. It is a matter of moving along the continuum of good, better, best.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51404 10/26/04 10:57 PM

I am rather new to things, going on 3 months I think. I to went through some worsening before getting better. It is the trust and the faith and positivity that can get you through the times when you feel it isn't working. There will be small differences at first that you may not even notice, as I have found out myself. You have to visualize and tell yourself your are getting better.
There are still days I have to lye down while doing the exercises and yes I have very bad back pains from Myalgic illness' and scoliosis. Continue doing as little or as much as possible with the positive intention it will help. It does, I am only one of the proofs of being completely bedridden to 75 to 80 % better. My back will still hurt but it is getting easier and better as I continue.
Good luck with your practices and I hope you will find that it will help with consistency, visualization and help from this wonderful forum full of very helpful and thoughtful people. I highly recommend reading Chunyi Lin's book, A Born Healer.....it has helped my understanding of the man and the practice, not to mention all the wonderful people it has helped.
Gallen I read your wife's story and was so impressed, she is a very strong woman.
seedling

#51405 10/26/04 11:08 PM

Hi,
No. I didn't say this. You just mentioned three or four negative things. I advocate non of them!! SFQ hurts your back, it is a hard pill to swallow, considering doing more,,, considering the fact it has no preceived benefit!!! I don't see all that. I see a possibility of improvement. Something positive. This is why I suggested more practice, a deeper practice. Not to hurt you! I don't want to hurt you, or cause you greater suffering! my goodness :-) I am not that sort of person!
I mentioned common sense, to define a pain. If you aren't comfortable, you can always ask a doctor's advice. I mentioned building your practice comfortably. Sometimes, that can mean altering your present practice, if you are straining something too much to an extreme.
Discomfort can be present in healing too. I practice lotus sitting. Believe me, there can be discomfort with the gains! Tired back, sore pelvis, tired knees. They all diminish for me with more practice. Opening up the sacrum, for me, for instance, involves some discomfort, but I support my intention of doing it and the best side effects to that type of selfwork. I am determined (focused), to do something, I trust the outcome...I've been there before , many times with other things, and I just share my perspective with you, regarding my own expeirence. I have worked myself back from physical damage or illness, a few times in my life with qigong. Sometimes the first steps, or stages, are more difficult. The choices are yours to make. I would say that doing what makes you most happy, is most important. Before you practice anything. It should be enjoyable for you.
love,
gallen

#51406 10/26/04 11:17 PM

Hi Seedling,
Yikes! My wife's story? Is there something out there I don't know about! or am I forgetting something? What are you referring to?? (help me master..) -gallen

#51407 10/26/04 11:24 PM

Gallen I am so sorry I was mixed up and was referring to Shawn's wife. Please forgive me
love seedling

#51408 10/26/04 11:53 PM

I recognized the mix-up.

Another potential mix-up is the title of Chunyi Lin's book. It is Born A Healer, not A Born Healer. Just helping.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved