Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#52428 08/03/05 08:56 AM

Thank you Jetay for your response it is most helpful. The meaning is quite beautiful!!! Is there a particular rhythm to the chant? I can imagine that in a room full of people chanting that it is a powerful chant.

Many blessings
Nickie

#52429 08/03/05 09:57 AM

Hi Nickie
There is a rythym but it is difficult to describe in words as it is actually sung - Shawn may be able to advise whether the CD with the chant is still available.
Love
Jetay

#52430 08/03/05 10:37 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

There are a number of versions and if you want to hunt out a few you might find one that clicks with you. Amazon.com, has samples and free downloads.

I recommend waiting till the retreat on the chant and the fast. The ones you will hear at the retreat might be a greater inspiration to you to take home, whether you understand and remember the meaning or not. you will take home the experience with them and that will probably mean more to you on an inner level than intellecual understanding.

The group dynamics and the amount of Qigong work you will be doing will make a great difference. Chunyi Lin will also teach you how to handle the fast. Remember there is going to be a lot of support there from your fellow participants. Everyone there more or less has the same goals to heal, be healed and take their Spring Forest Qigong skills to the next level.

Alex

#52431 08/03/05 02:14 PM

Fasting can be intimidating.

If you search the forum, you'll find some advice and some experiences. Not extensive but some.

My first fast was my least informed. I read alot the first day. I asked here for advice. I shaped my ideas of what my fast would consist of. For the duration, I decided on multiple exit points, where I would decide how I felt and whether I would continue. Always remember to treat yourself with love and respect.

I've had weekly, one day, fasts where I would drink one glass of freshly made glass (8 - 10 oz) of fruit juice.

I've done full moon and new moon water fasting (about every two weeks). I would typically drink 100 oz a day. Probably a bit excessive, but better safe than sorry. The more water the easier to clean your system.

My struggles have been mostly mental and not physical. One lesson I learned was about running and fasting. I don't exercise, except walking, while fasting. However, last fall I was trying to longer and longer distances with my runs. The day after a fast I hurt myself. I the extra strain on my body from the preious day fast when added to the run was too much.

I'm not advising anyone to follow my next description, but at the time I knew it was right for me at that stage in my life. My first fast was a water fast. I decided to drink 100 oz a day, since my reading indicated that the greatest danger came from not having enough water. I had to force myself. I had to count and watch the clock.

I water fasted for 5 days. I went to work (desk job). I gave a speach at Toastmasters. I came off it gradually; you can have serious problems was you start to eat. I started with diluted fruit juice, fruit juice, one cracker and juice, a few crackers and juice, a little fruit, more fruit. I took these steps in a couple of hour increments. The next day basically back to Healthy eating, but small amounts and no greasy or junk food.

During the entire 5 days I never really felt hungry. I WANTED to eat the entire time. Everything. The remembered taste of absolutely everything was deeply desireable. My automatic, non-conscious, motions to reach for food was a great source of amusement for me.

The first day felt like anyother. No real issues. The second and third days, I would feel a little crampiness in my calves by late in the evenings, but fine the next morning. I took long hat baths in the evening and that helped with the tired muscles. By the fourth day I noticed I was slower physically, and mentally later in the day. I decided that the fifth day would be my last, since I wouldn't be able to do well at my job and it would allow me to have Sunday as my back to food transition day. Monday, I was back on the job.

Within a few weeks I had regained all the weight I had lost (15 lbs). Obviously this was water. There is also some risk, from what I've read, of loosing too much salt. There are some good books on fasting out there. There are clinics and retreats with medical staff to help people fast.

I'm not recommending anyone follow my course, it's probably not healthy for a lot of people. I just want to highlight the battle may be more mental than people think. A large portions of this world's population fast out of a lack of choice. To them three apples in a day would be a great blessing.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#52432 08/03/05 02:46 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JETAY,

Thanks, for a second there I though you were going to ask me to sing it and attach it to a reply.

The chant CD SFQ was using didn't preform well on CD players once the production company made a new batch of it.

I don't know if it will be available at the retreat, but once you here it, you will remember it.

Jeffdengr: Qigong is a message healing. So is prayer. No need to go anywhere else with it -keep it simple.

The "Fast Day" during the retreat will take care of itself and you. Put out your intention and stick to the one day once you et there if thats what you put out there (no need to run Iam2's 20-mile sprints).

Much Love, Shawn

#52433 08/03/05 07:11 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Shawn;

Message Healing, that is what I was looking for.

So the three apples are as big as watermelons? Nothing to worry about.

Aloha

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved