Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#53035 01/19/06 10:30 PM
OP Offline

I have been studying Neurolink and NET and wanted in the near future to have my own practice. I understand about distance healing as I have been treating people for about 18 months using my mind and have watched people get better.(Not that they teach that, I just woke up with the thought one day that using your mind would be just as affective, I tested it out on my family and it was true). Qigong is a huge amount of knowledge to add to my own, which I am so grateful for.

Anyway, I want to treat people physically, though I find that harder than mentally as it is much slower. Master Lin talks about not asking for anything in return when you treat someone. Should I just charge for the NET and Neurolink but not charge for the Qigong. Qigong supercedes a lot of the knowledge I already have and it would probably be the biggest part of the healing session.

Master Lin charges doesn't he for treating people? Or is my problem that he has to have trained us personally in Qigong to be able to use it professionally. It is so easy to do. This morning I was working on my daughter before anyone woke up, she has been suffereing with bad period pain that for some reason I haven't been able to get to the bottom of. I put the energy in the middle dantien instead of lower, she just woke up and said her lower pain was gone but she had this massive pain in her upper abdomon. I sat here in my computer chair and just did sword fingers and cleared that out mentally. She said she felt better but when I put energy back in she felt the pressure again, she said it was like her stomach was going to explode. I pulled the energy back out and didn't put anymore back in. She is fine now. I will work on that whole system later.

Do you understand what I am getting at. I don't want to sound money hungry for wanting to charge but I would so much love to have my own practice, it has been my dream for so long. I will still always treat people for free every night and morning.

What do you think?

Smiles
Jenny

[This message has been edited by pp (edited January 26, 2006).]

This is a good question, and one I haven't seen on the forum before.

I don't have the answers but I'll share some of my thoughts.

First I believe the main idea of "not expecting anything in return" is fundamental. It is the BEST in the good, better, best in your attitude for helping people. If you come from a place of love your giving is unconditional... including payment. Maintaining this mentality, is something I believe is most valuable in advancing your own energy and increasing the effectiveness of any energy you direct. So if you want to be the Best SFQ healer you can be, then I believe you must live completely with this belief.

Now the dilema, if I'm able to help people and would want to I must spend time preparing and doing it. However, I have mine and my family's needs to attend to. I can hear that voice in the back of my head saying, "do good, and trust in the universe to do good for you". Perhaps when I've truly master SFQ it voice be a voice, but a deeply held belief.

As for charging for it, there is no strict rules. However, Master Lin (maybe with the new SFQ Guild) are developing a something like a practitioners certification (Shawn will correct the title). The are conditions for obtaining this; things like completing all levels, maybe a time of practice at SFQ, maybe certain things that must be demonstrated, but definitely a week-long (I believe) practicuum with Master Lin, where you will or will not recieve your certification (or whatever it is called). This isn't an attempt to regulate the practice, but an early attempt to give potential clients a way of differentiating between someone how has done the levl I course for a month (not that time is an indicator of ability) and someone that has demonstrated ability to the Master of the system. It's just from the outside, there is currently the master Master Lin, his one student recognized as having attained mastery Master Nance, and then all the rest of the students lumped together.

To sum up my beliefs, I don't know of any reason that's you can't charge for the services you provide. However, I can think of a few reasons why you might choose not to charge. Finally, there is some effort being made to help people who wish to acquire the benefits from a SFQ practitioner.

After that last statement, I have to say that it's no small matter that Master Lin is willing to teach his system, and that he has been willing to embrace such non-traditional teaching practices. Thank you Master Lin, from at least one student who doesn't live in the Minneapolis area.

SilverStar you are perfection,
Iam2

I would also like to add to the above posts that you need to be sure to check your state and local laws regarding this type of healing work, too. In some states, simply touching someone with your hands is considered "massage" (whether it is or isn't) and unless you have a massage therapy license (and the proper schooling), they can arrest you if you're charging for the healing. In others, I've heard they'll slap you with a "practicing medicine without a license" charge for your efforts.

Working for free "frees" you in many ways, not the least of which is the joy of "freely" sharing your healing gifts.

Hi,
Master Lin's purpose regarding a healer in every family answers part of this. SFQ is meant to take home and help others. Family, and friends, or whatever, stemming from those relations.
Teaching professionally is different. If you are qualified, you can of course, charge money. Healers should be able to make a living too.

Currently, my understanding is that SFQ offers a "guide" program, with the requirement of level I and II and prerequisites. From there, I believe you have to be 'invited', to be a student. This is not a political or academic process, but rather a level of practice accomplishment, level of being accomplishment. Master Lin can see the level one is at.

You shouldn't be declaring anything professionally regarding SFQ, if you don't get certification through the program. You could get away with it, but it would be disrespectful, and lower the standards Master Lin wants to regulate. As Jeanne says, there are legal concerns about what and how you do and say things. These are covered in the guide program.

It is great that you are having such success helping others. This doesn't make you a qualified qigong instructor. There is much more to qigong than healing work. The meditation side is a big part, as well as your understanding of active qigong. Healing and healing work is a part of the picture.

I had a conversation with an advanced assistant to Master Lin. At that time of this conversation, the expected self practice of someone in line to teach, was four hrs a day. I would assume most of that self practice involving meditation.

Keep up the good work helping people. It is wonderful you have a gift for it. Be patient, humble, and practice, practice, practice. If you want to teach, you can pursue that in the 'best' way , as offered through the SFQ program.
love,
gallen

Thanks for the clarification gallen. I have to admit I didn't commit to memory the "guide" program information (and I couldn't find it for the post), since I'm a ways from you guys.

Although recently I've been thinking I should be trying to get out for the level IV retreat, this year. I'll wait a while longer and see.

I didn't recall that the guide program was by invitation. I remembered something about the guild membership, but wasn't sure if it was a requirement, or if it was just the guild was working with Master Lin to develop the guide program.

I've felt the desire to share SFQ, but have always just left it at a lending of my material. However, the thought of instructing has passed over my mind on occaision. Passing through the guide program and basically getting Master Lin's stamp of approval would be welcomed, before I were to actually do it.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Hi Iam2,
The "instuctor" training , I believe is by invitation. The "guide" program is just a sign up to take the course, hence, I would guesstimate a large number of guides down the road. I think the position of instructor or teacher, however it will be called, is and will be a more accomplished position.
Being invited to be an instuctor, is probably one in the same as becoming a private student. -g

hope you dont mind if i butt in, I am from Chippenham in England I teach Tai Chi and Qigong, In this Country we Have to have a certificate to Teach Proffessionaly and for insurance as well. I am also a Reiki Master Teacher,and have a diploma in Qigong massage of which i have the various Certificates,
You can heal your friends with no money passing hands but you cannot practice on clients for money until you have been certified in that particular subject.It would be good if we could have long distance courses ie over the internet it would be good to hear from any one from England
Love and light Geoff.

[This message has been edited by Geoff1145 (edited January 20, 2006).]

OP Offline

Thanks guys for your response and understanding where I was coming from. I will soon have a certificate in Neurolink and you are able to touch people's bodies with this course. I have found neurolink amazing in one area but not in others. Neurolink is finding the organ and neuralpathways that aren't functioning and switching them back on. The only problem is, if it is caused by emotional problems, when they leave the office they can just switch it back off again, which is pointless really. So I have studied NET which is finding the emotional reason for switching it off in the firstplace and getting them to release the chemical trapped in the cell.

I meditate for 1 to 2 hours every day and have been for 4 and a half years. I spend about 1 to 3 hours a day healing others, mostly my family as I have 90 immediate family (brothers, sisters, and their children etc) I'm not saying this to bignote myself, I just want to show you where I am at.

So I could treat people in a practice with my certificate skills and then at night, because I think Qigong is far more superior, I could treat them with Qigong while I meditate. Do you think that would work? The only problem I have is that I kind of want the patient to know that Qigong is what is really amazing, not Neurolink, if they know it is Qigong they would be more likely to pursue it themselves, that way they can heal themselves in the future. I want to teach them how to fish....

Its not really the money that is pushing me in that direction, but you do need money to run a business, like rent etc. If I find another way to make money I would quite happily run a free practice. I can't really treat people here at home cause I have six children and we are a bit squashed here, and also it gets a bit messy here sometimes and I feel embarrassed.

I have been treating people for so long now and haven't been able to talk about it before or ask questions cause there was no one to ask. I have taken people to the Naturopath who does NET here in Penrith and he knows I can lift peoples issues cause he would find an issue and I would automatically lift it before he even had a chance to treat the issue. He would say, whats going on, the issue is gone. So I told him I could lift them. He believes me but he doesn't know what to make of it.

He had some homeopathic remedies and they are just vibrations so they are so easy to duplicate with your mind. He was telling me how he had a machine that makes the remedies. I asked him if I could try something. He gave me a clear bottle and with my mind I changed it to "Alergy Remedy' he tested it with his machine and it had changed. lol. His jaw nearly dropped to the ground. Then he asked me to change it back, so I did. It was really funny actually. He rings me now to treat people that he can't get to the bottom of the problem. I can't always fix them though because people have their free will and if they want to be negative, there really isn't anything you can do about it.

Thank you so much for letting me express myself. I feel like you understand me. I have felt like I haven't belonged anywhere. I was just some weird fruit cake.

The thing that I love most about my gift is watching people's attitudes change. I love watching people go from cranky and annoying to kind and considerate. Most people don't really want to behave that way, they just don't know how to change it. So I give them a helping hand for a while and then let them go it alone. Treating children is even easier than adults. They are so quick to help.

Thank you again all you wonderful people.
Love and Smiles
Jenny

OP Offline

Another question, how come Master Lin can charge to help people and it still works for him? Is it because he has already grown so much that it won't inhibit his growth. Or is there something else I don't understand.

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Jenny,
I don't see how you equate making a living to limiting your spiritual growth. It would be like saying that teachers, musicians, and artists, should all work for free, because what they do and what they offer can have a spiritual aspect, or be something special. Or anyone for that matter, self aware, or on a spiritual path, or having a spirit and soul.
Making money limiting that self growth? I don't think so. How one goes about making money, intentions, yes, but not making money in and of itself.

It would be nice someday, to see a hospital someday with a qigong clinic in it. That takes integrating it into business and society. Accupuncture is doing well that way. How weird would it be, if accupuncturists didn't charge for their service. Some of them are very energy oriented, spiritual people. They are providing alternative health care for people, and their presence in the community, via clinics( physical buildings, etc.), that aren't free to set up and run, or marketing to make people aware of the choice...
In business, there is a right way and wrong way to do it, regarding what's right and wrong, like everything else. It doesn't mean you have sold out and limited your self growth, if you run a business.

I am sure with many professional healers, Master Lin included, they do not turn people away, if they can't afford a session. Making money allows for growth, accessibility, integration into society... on a personal level, it allows one to do what they do, and focus on it, immerse into it...
It is a mixture of trying to make it a feasible profession, doing it in a healthy model or paradigm, making it more available to society, getting it out there.... lots of things..
On a personal level, in reference to spiritual growth, that growth still happens. Many people leading the pack, bringing great abilities and methods to the fore front, are pioneers. They are observing the phenomina they are involved in, learning as they go, I'm sure, marvelling at the synchronisties, often perhaps a spectator marvelling at the wonders behind a purposeful life, purposeful work.
love,
gallen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved