Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53874 07/28/00 01:43 AM
allenhm Offline OP
OP Offline

I bought the home study course a few months ago, I have no problem with getting a blip page, that seems to come very natural to me but I cannot perform the tangerine technique.
I've never been able to perform any kind of visualization techniques through any of my senses. Is there something I can use in lieu of this that is just as effective in getting into the photo state?????

#53875 07/28/00 01:58 PM

Whem you say the photo state, is that being able to see, the blip page or being relaxed. If it is focusing your attention, which is what I understand the tangerine is for, why not just begin to relax you muscles of you body and your breathing and then 'shift' your awareness to behind you ie what you can't see with your eyes. Tell us what happens?

If it is visualisation, what colour(color) is your front door?... How do you know it's colour? Win Wenger has some interesting ideas on how to begin visualising. Check out his book the Einstein factor.

#53876 07/28/00 03:31 PM
Administrator
Administrator

The best way to understand the tangerine technique is to examine the section in the PhotoReading book where I talk about it and the work of Ron Davis from his book "The Gift of Dyslexia." You can do it visually, as you were trying, kinesthetically, or auditorily.
If you sit in a chair and float outside your body, as if to stand just behind you and smell the top of your head...that is a kinesthetic way. Practice standing up behind your chair...now sit down and remember the feeling of standing behind the chair. As you do this the feeling you have sitting in your chair is the experience of the tangerine. Touch the top of your head to start it; but it's the feeling in the face, in your shoulders, and breathing that indicate you are ready to read. Think of it as simple relaxed awareness that starts with a fixed point of sensation just above and behind your head. Once you've got it, go and read. No need to keep thinking about it.

#53877 07/28/00 08:37 PM
allenhm Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by PaulScheele:
The best way to understand the tangerine technique is to examine the section in the PhotoReading book where I talk about it and the work of Ron Davis from his book "The Gift of Dyslexia." You can do it visually, as you were trying, kinesthetically, or auditorily.
If you sit in a chair and float outside your body, as if to stand just behind you and smell the top of your head...that is a kinesthetic way. Practice standing up behind your chair...now sit down and remember the feeling of standing behind the chair. As you do this the feeling you have sitting in your chair is the experience of the tangerine. Touch the top of your head to start it; but it's the feeling in the face, in your shoulders, and breathing that indicate you are ready to read. Think of it as simple relaxed awareness that starts with a fixed point of sensation just above and behind your head. Once you've got it, go and read. No need to keep thinking about it.

Paul, what you are saying make sense, but understand that what you are suggesting I have never been able to perform. My mind does not work in that fashion. The best that I can do is think about standing behind myself, no floating, no smelling the top of my head, etc. That part of the program I will have to bypass. Is there a possibility that after getting into a relax state go right into photoreading and gain the same benefits????

#53878 08/01/00 05:24 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Paul's out of town for a couple of weeks.

Anything is possible. Try it! Be careful of the limitations you impose on yourself.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#prepare #tangerine #idealstate #step1

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved