When you PhotoRead to learn a second language there are a few good tips:
1) PhotoRead the translation dictionary weekly for the first few months. This will give you visual recognition of words.
2) Listen to audio tapes with conversations in the target language, ideally with music from the culture playing in the background. This will help activate the language. Learning Strategies has a good EasyLearn language course that can really help.
3) PhotoRead common parlance or phrase dictionaries to pick up the idiomatic expressions that are in vogue.
4) Use your whole mind to read current periodicals.
5) Get a variety of texts from grade school and college level texts on grammar. Use the PhotoReading whole mind system on a chapter at a time.
6) Immerse in the culture. Be playful. Re-engage the naturally brilliant learner that you were before you knew better. That's how you acquired your native language...before you ever went to school. Remember that.
7) There are a few excellent Paraliminal tapes that you might consider using...Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger. If you feel stuck, try the Belief recording.