Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53968 09/12/00 09:55 PM
Jeabp Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm very new to this, but I was trying out singing some songs, I know by heart, insted of a mantra, and I found it very relaxing. It also makes it easyer se the hole book, and not focus.
is there anything wrong (any negative effeckts)with singing?
I dont remember anything I PR, but I thing it is because I am a beginner (I have read about 3 books and I have (borrowed from the libary) only a danish translation of the 2th edition book).
I have eksperiensed fealing that information was flying around ind my head very fast, when finished reading. Is this normal, good or bad?
Sorry about my english.

Jeanette Pedersen

#53969 09/13/00 03:32 AM

Jeanette

Are you sure you did not Photoread the Danish to English dictionary? Your English is great!

If singing a song occupies your conscious mind while PR then you've succeded in doing what it was meant to do ... keep your conscious mind from 'interferring' with the process. In other words, your keeping your conscious mind busy while ya sneak in a few thousand words directly into the sub-conscious ... ah, I just love it!!

As a beginner ... go easy on yourself. It takes time, patience, practice, more practice and a belief that you will succeed!!! And you will succeed because you already have it in you to succeed at PR ... natural learning is not something you learn, its a gift given to you at birth ... you've been given a road map from LearningStrategies to help you find your long lost natural skill!!!

Good luck!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#53970 09/13/00 05:57 AM

Singing is fine if it relaxes you. What you are really trying to do is silence your inner voice or critic. Being in the accelerated learning state limits the static from the concious mind so that the information can make an impression on your inner mind without any interference. I personally, hum and find photoreading to be an enjoyable process.

You shouldn't really expect to know anything that you photoread unless you activate it. Although, spontaneous activations do occur, they are a bonus.

I have photoread over 60 books on C++ programming and I am finding that my lectures at school are activating the material. It just seems familiar and I grasp the concepts easily. So stick with it.

#53971 09/21/00 04:55 AM

Hello! I'm also new at PR, and I would appreciate some hints on how to retrieve the information that I've read.....

Thanks for your help...

#53972 09/21/00 05:10 AM

Take the time to relax your mind. If you aren't relaxed, you won't notice the signals to dip (gut feeling, image, sound, eye movement...). Establish your purpose before you start. Resist the temptation to rapid read the text. Trust your mind to guide you to the relevant information. This can be a very difficult step if you have a love for reading. Super read quickly down the page so that your conscious mind is not picking up a lot of meaning from the text. By moving rapidly, you're giving your inner mind a chance to orient itself and locate those nuggets of information in the text that are present in its PhotoRead storage. If you're not reading the text, you're more open to noticing when the inner mind is signalling you to stop. When you're done, review your trigger words. Do you now understand the value of those trigger words, based on the places where you dipped? You may not know them all, but you'll likely be surprised at what you do know.

#53973 09/21/00 05:58 AM

In reading the above, you may think it sounds like gibberish. To start out, PR as many books as you can (3-5/day). Get comfortable with the WHOLE process. Don't worry about the results. Your first goal is to develop your awareness of the process. As you do so, you'll begin to notice things that work for you and things that don't. Eliminate the things that don't and focus on the things that do.

As you start to get your bearings, go back to the book or the homestudy course (whatever you have). You may find that information that at first seemed irrelevant or confusing begins to take on new meaning. There is a lot of information packed into the material and different layers will be meaningful to you as you progress.

#53974 09/22/00 05:49 AM

The key for me is to trust the process. The best way I have found to establish that trust is to do the course exercises. Set up a purpose and then try doing some dipping.

When I first did this I only ended up reading a few sentences and I started thinking that it wasn't working. To my surprise it was working. When I read over the whole article I discovered that the sentences that I had dipped were relevant to my purpose and the rest was filler (so it worked).

Practice and testing out different things is the key to catering the course to your individual needs.

#53975 09/26/00 01:35 PM

I'm having a few problems with PR. I have known about it for about 3 years, but only got the book last Friday. Ok, so I know I cannot master the technique in 4 days. But how do I know when I'm in the accelerated learning state? How do I maintain the tangerine technique? Do I have to be in a totally quiet room with no distractions? I have a very short attention span when reading normally - the slightest noise can put me right off.

I have no problem whatsoever in maintaining the 'blip' page - I have always been able to do that, as far as I can remember. I can identify with what Paul wrote in the book about looking at a tiled floor and seeing the 3D effect, having done that myself countless times.

I also have a very open mind. Having read about countless people who have had results from PR, I am certainly prepared to believe that it works (as a graduate astrophysicist, I have been trained to believe in things that can be proved!).

As a simple matter of self-belief, I am going to say that I know PR will work for me eventually. With a bit of luck, sooner rather than later, because I've got my 7th and penultimate module of my M.Sc. in Information Systems starting soon!

I suppose I'd better get some practice in!

#53976 09/27/00 05:37 AM

You are in the accelerated learning state when noises won't put you off. Your attention will be supremely focused. Also the tangerine will be easy to maintain when in that state.

To get into that state you can do a relaxation exercise or listen to a tape that puts you in an alpha or theta brain wave state. In fact there are many ways to get into the state. The course puts you into that state on tape 1 and tape 3.

How do you know that you are in the state? I can only tell you how it feels when I am in that state. First of all my breathing gets deeper. I become supremely focused. All the feelings of being distracted go away and my internal critic gets silenced. Its pretty cool.

Jeabp #83133 05/19/14 09:57 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#mantra #accleratedlearningstate

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved