Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I found it useful not to look at the middle of the page, seeing the blip, but to widen the focus and concentrate on the left and right edges of the book. Doing this I see each edge two times, which is similar to the "blip effect". I seem to have better knowledge of the book next day, and I have a stronger feeling that something "works" inside me to integrate the content of the book. Does anyone have similar experiences?
I only have the first edition of the book,so I don't know if methods different to the blip page have been introduced into photo-reading.

Best wishes,
Volker

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Others have said something similar.

And, when a person can't get the blip page, just notice the white space around the text on the page. Works wonders!

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
Others have said something similar.

And, when a person can't get the blip page, just notice the white space around the text on the page. Works wonders!

What is blip? How to see blip? How do you know that you have see blip?

Look up the cocktail weenie effect in the photoreading book and you will get an idea of what the blip page is.

It boils down to seeing the page with divergent eyes.

I have as of yet never seen the blip page and never seen the cocktail weenie and I have been PRing for nearly 3 years.. I just 'concentrate' on seeing the book in my field of vision whilst I am looking in the distance. In the beginning I fould it useful to place several objects around where I was reading and focusing on them and just noticing that the book was in my field of vision. The blip page is a convincer, a safety blanket, it just lets you know that you are looking at the book in the 'correct' way. I would have liked to have seen it straight away since the book and tape set make many refernces to it. In my case I hit beliefs and attitude issues. However I have kept with it because of all the succes stories that I had read, knowing that I was capable of achieving success myself and yes I have! Maybe it just takes a little longer to go easy on yourself.

It's funny - I see a few posts on here where people can't see the blip page. Some people must have to try hard to see it. I have to try hard NOT to see it! I always feel more strain on my eyes when I'm looking at a book (or whatever) close up, and if I relax my eyes, I automatically see the blip page! (Maybe there's something wrong with my eyesight - I used to be long-sighted!)

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Some days I feel that the whole world has become one big blip page.

I focused too much on seeing the blip page and strained my eyes. One day I decided, "The heck with this. I don't have to see the blip page for this to work." I opened my field of vision to see the white borders on left and right sides of the book. When I did this and my eyes relaxed, the blip page appeared.

Despite not being able to see the blip page and PRing without it..by heck I'd like to just so I can experience what most people experience as average and then I'd be able to help others even better.

I'm like bujin I see the blip page every where and instantly see it when I open a book.

All I can say is keep trying Drew.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved