Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
allenhm Offline OP
OP Offline

Is there any rules as to whether one should or should not wear reading glasses when photoreading?:confused I've noticed that its easier to maintain a soft focus and the blip stays for an extremely long period of time and my eyes don't tire as quickly as they do without my glasses. The pages are crystal clear. Can anyone shine some light on this ?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It comes down to personal preference and belief (if your belief is that you can't PhotoRead without your glasses, then you should wear them).

allenhm Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
It comes down to personal preference and belief (if your belief is that you can't PhotoRead without your glasses, then you should wear them).

Thanks for that bit of information Pete !
Without my reading glasses and not photoreading, words and small print are extremely blurry, it looks like a page with a bunch of ants on it . And when I do a soft focus, its even worse. By continuing to wear my glasses, it smooth things out and I also notice a much, very much wider blip page vs the one without my glasses & everything is much sharper.

Allehhm,

You are at an advantage ... when one focus's on text, more than likely the conscious mind is involved ... ya know the analytical side of the mind.

By taking off your glasses, and not being able to focus, this should help to involve the sub-conscious more easily. The ideal situation to be in!

Of course, the blur may not be recognized by the mind and may process the material as something totally different! IE you PR a book on computers but information is read as something having to do with accounting ... now your in trouble!

But what it boils down to is ... as Pete reiterated, you should be 'comfortable' with the process.

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

allenhm Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Saikali:
Allehhm,

You are at an advantage ... when one focus's on text, more than likely the conscious mind is involved ... ya know the analytical side of the mind.

By taking off your glasses, and not being able to focus, this should help to involve the sub-conscious more easily. The ideal situation to be in!

Of course, the blur may not be recognized by the mind and may process the material as something totally different! IE you PR a book on computers but information is read as something having to do with accounting ... now your in trouble!

But what it boils down to is ... as Pete reiterated, you should be 'comfortable' with the process.

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Michael:

Can you express your comments in another way?? What you are saying sounds GREAT!!! but I don't follow what you are saying

I think what he means is that you would have an advantage without your glasses in that you won't be to conscious of what you are reading (why? because you can't see it as well so your critical mind won't be getting in the way trying to analyze the information you are photoreading.)

But he is also worried that your mind won't be able to properly process the information that is being photoread (why? because without your glasses your vision isn't as clear. So what might be going into your subconscious mind might not be comprehendible because its out of focus.)

A lot probably depends upon how bad your eyes are. My glasses are really strong so I personally have to read with them(unless peripheral vision is different Pete?). I am curious now about whether the rods and cones in the inner eye are effected differently by nearsightedness.

Nevertheless what I am trying to say is that if you decide to use your glasses maintaining the blip will become easier over time. It really does become second nature with practice (although it can be a challenge in the beginning).

Could not have said it any better Weight30Doug!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

quote:
Originally posted by weight39doug:
I think what he means is that you would have an advantage without your glasses in that you won't be to conscious of what you are reading (why? because you can't see it as well so your critical mind won't be getting in the way trying to analyze the information you are photoreading.)

But he is also worried that your mind won't be able to properly process the information that is being photoread (why? because without your glasses your vision isn't as clear. So what might be going into your subconscious mind might not be comprehendible because its out of focus.)

A lot probably depends upon how bad your eyes are. My glasses are really strong so I personally have to read with them(unless peripheral vision is different Pete?). I am curious now about whether the rods and cones in the inner eye are effected differently by nearsightedness.

Nevertheless what I am trying to say is that if you decide to use your glasses maintaining the blip will become easier over time. It really does become second nature with practice (although it can be a challenge in the beginning).

Hey guys,
Here's a doozer, when I took the sem, we were quite a few, one of us was a 40 to 45 year old woman, she wore glasses. The first experience we haad with photoreading, the instructor told her to take off her glasses. Well, obviously she couldn't see anything(her glasses were thick) but anyway, she started photoreading following the instructions trusting herself and the instructor. After that first experience, we were told to do pictograms(you know when you draw anything that comes to mind, more like drawing your image stream)it turns out that all the drawings had the same images. The amazing thing is that the woman with the glasses(at least without them)had the most complete drawings in the group and they were the same images as the rest of us. So go figure. The mind is a terrible thing to waste, and an amazing thing to use. (Ain't that the truth)

Aizan it's cool to hear about that lady with the glasses. I had a feeling that focused sight was only necessary for conscious pursuits. Good to hear that the inner mind can process information regardless of the use of glasses or not.

So then the only issue would be a persons belief structure. If you believe that you can read without your glasses then its possible. But if that capability is not compatable with a persons beliefs then the conscious mind would sabotage the results (the mind doesn't want to make a person into a liar so it with limit its capabilities according to its beliefs).

Cool.

I'm glad I cleared that up for you. Belief in oneself is critical for success in everything you do. Having faith is what permits us to go ahead in life, to confront all the obstacles that are presented to us again and again. So have the faith of a mustard seed and you will move mountains... That's a very old lesson.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved