Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
allenhm Offline OP
OP Offline

Is there really a big difference if a book is photoread upside down from back to front, versus right side up and front to back. From my basic understanding of how the eyes work is that the images it takes in are inverted 180 degrees on the back of the eye. Plus also with the book inverted that makes it even harder for the conscious mind to try and reconize/read words or blocks of words subvocally????

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I haven't noticed any difference.

In the early days when I spent hours at the library PhotoReading books, I often had to PhotoRead them upside down and backwards because the pages were so worn that the only way I could flip the pages were from the bottom. The bottom of the pages are usually crisp even when the tops are worn from use.

I read my books upside down and backwards because I find it easier to PR and not focus on individual words.

You'd probably get some funny looks from other people if you were 'reading' books upside down in the public library!

I get funny looks at home. My kids think I'm nuts when I do it.

Yeah I get some funny looks, but I also think some people might be curious as to know what I'm doing. I think I get funnier looks because I am flipping the pages fast and not concentrating on specific words a la normal reading. Who knows maybe somebody will ask me what I'm doing and begin Pring!

I usually photoread the right way round first then upside down and back to front - I don't know why but I always feel better after I have photoread back to front & upside down - that way I know that I am not consiously reading the material. As to the funny looks who cares - it serves a purpose and thats all that matters to me !

I also often find it is easier to flip pages when the book is upside down ......

Fraser

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#PhotoReadingupsidedown #upsidedown

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved