Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

You hear many discussion's on this board regarding syntopic reading, the concept is brilliant as it exposes your other than conscious mind to different views from different authors on a particular subject.

Now in order to make this happen, as Pete put it he was able to Photoread I believe around 25 books in a week on a particular subject. That in itself is amazing as it take's dicipline to a 'want' to read that many books and 'want' to buy that many books on a subject.

My question is this, for those who really can't afford to buy many books because of financial reasons ... how could one employ Photoreading while standing up? This is ideal when going into a bookstore to 'use' their books to Syntopically Photoread.

Call me an optimist if you wish, however, I feel that 'anything' is possible if you perceive it to be so!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

There is always the option, much forgotten, of the library.

alf Offline

What makes you think that the process would be any different standing than sitting?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

A librarian once accused me of stealing books, because I was checking out so many books and she never saw me bring them back.

I also have spent an afternoon in the library PhotoReading all of the books on a series of shelves.

In bookstores, I PhotoRead standing up, sitting in chairs, and sitting on the floor. Most of the time I don't PhotoRead--I PhotoFlip.

Results are just as good for me.

Pete,

This means you do no manual activation of things that are PhotoFlipped? How much do you get out of materials that are not manually activated? How much experience did you have with the process before manual activation became less important?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I tend to PhotoFlip in the bookstore when I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a book. I usually get a good sense of the book right away.

I have activated books in the bookstore.

I've also PhotoRead a bunch of books on a subject to help build a base of knowledge on the subject. I'll typically do more of a postview than an activation.

How much experience do you need? Don't know. Depends on too many factors.

I photoread in bookstores standing up all the time. It is especially good to read in those Gigantic bookstores. That way you don't stick out and remain anonymous (plus the selection of books is hard to beat).

One thing I notice standing up is that my knees and joints hurt after a while. I don't notice it while I am photoreading but I do when I go to leave. Its like I am so intently focused and in state that I don't move at all. Being in a locked position like that for a long time can create a little stiffness.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Bend your knees slightly when standing and PhotoReading. That will help keep them from locking.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#photoflipping #library #bookshops #standing

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved