Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54039 09/01/00 09:36 AM
ockley Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey everybody.
I think i need some help to move on. I develope internetsolutions for companies, and thought that photoreading all those heavy books would give me less piles of paper. Here is my problem... or challenge:

I can see the blip-page, but the text is not sharp and crispy. Are you supposed to see both the blip and sharp type?
Im playing alot with it, and would like to know if i'm totally of the line...

I hope i'm excused for my bad english. Maybe Danish-English dictionary is one of my first PR-projects.

Thanx in advance
Karsten Vestergaard (Denmark)

#54040 09/01/00 12:53 PM

On some of the previous questions Pete said that "It is not necessary to see the words sharp. You are not using your foveal vision for PhotoReading, but rather your peripheral vision."

Paul Sheele says in his book "Rather than hard focusing on individual words and word groups, you achieve a "soft gaze" to notice the entire page at once."

I think this about sums it up - if you try and see the blip page and the words in hard focus you are trying too hard ! You do not necessary even have to see the Blip page - llok through some of the other questions her relating to the Blip page and you will see that not everyone can even see it, but still they manage to photoread.

Hope this helps !

Fraser

#54041 09/01/00 01:02 PM

Karsten,

That's a real genuine name I've not seen before ... but then again, so is saikali!

Your bang on the money! When words come in sharp and clear ... more than likely your eyes are focusing. Focusing on words requires the use of your conscious mind. The idea is to use the sub-conscious mind when PR material.

The best way I've found is when PR is to look 'throught' the book as if you are looking at an object at a distance. (Oops, 'object' now there's some programming lingo!)

Your English by the way is great compared to that of my Danish language abilities ... I'm English and half the time I make many spelling mistakes when submitting articles on this DB. Oh well, nobody's perfect!

Stick with it, success will follow!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54042 09/01/00 01:27 PM
ockley Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Fraser, Michael and everybody else.

I see the blip at first gaze. I find it easy to relax and let my eyes look through the book.

I have a danish translation of the material (2. edition) and it says something like this... Retranslated (is that the word).:

In Photofocus the page seems blurred. Everything is OK, because you have to place focus away from the page to see the blip-page. For the text to apear sharp at close up, you must relax your eyes an let focus move towards the book.
When you have developed photofocus the type on the pages stand extremly sharp, with a fantastic depth. They are not in focus because your not looking at them, but the text is sharp and clear, what you'll see when you continue to relax...

That was a big chunk of text. But my text isn't sharp and clear??? When i move focus against the book, the blip dissapear.

Maybee it's the translation that confuses me, because it tells me that itøs OK to see the text blurred, but you'll end up seing it crisp and clear.

Thank you for comments so far. I't helps me alot - I know.

Best Regards
Karsten Vestergaard

#54043 09/01/00 02:06 PM

The blip is a safety net/comfort blanket really, I don't see it at all and yet I PR fine. All you for unconscious processing absobtion is to notice the book in your peripheral vision. If the blip comes and goes, what the heck, just notice that you have noticed it. Without realising it you are doing the biggest step already that any of us can do to improve and get more out of the PR process..you are PLAYING with the process..fantastic and well done!

#54044 09/03/00 05:27 AM

Its ok if the page isn't clear.

I have, on occasion, had a blip just at the right width to see crystal clear text with my peripheral vision. Most of the time the text just appears to be blurred. I don't worry about it because its not important. It all goes into your subconcious mind regardless.

I think that Paul Scheele takes his blip to the next level. My impression is that he is so skilled at photoreading that he can manipulate the width of his blip so that the text appears clearer (a 1 inch blip or something). But it won't effect the results if the page is blurry. Just seeing the blip is a victory and all that you need.

ockley #83144 05/19/14 10:16 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#blurred #peripheralvision #photofocus

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved