Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54059 09/10/00 11:52 PM
Franky Offline OP
OP Offline

I know that it might sound a little stupid but I really dont understand the technic to turn the page fast enough to follow the rythm on each syllable of the re-lax chant of tape 1b. Is there a picture of how to do that somewhere?? Because it just seem to be faster than one second per flip and I get out of relaxation trying to get as fast as the rythm of the chant.

Also, do we have to keep our attention on the tangerine all the time? It become confusing after a while to breath deeply, keep the tagerine, stay relax, flip the page real fast, photofocus, chant, dance on one foot(joking), I tought some1 could throw me a fish so much it require an acrobatic synchronisation to do all that!

And if there are also other ppl who took the self-study course, could you tell me before how many time you photored the dictionnary to get one word accurate at the right page and the good place on it? Thanks!

#54060 09/11/00 12:44 AM

There are a bunch of different techniques for turning the pages. The one in the home study course helps you to turn single pages at a time, as opposed to getting clumps of pages. If you can turn the pages with another style, do it! One flip every two seconds (i.e., one page per second) should be slow enough where you can keep yourself relaxed while turning pages. Play with it! Just get used to turning pages while keeping your muscles relaxed!

You do not keep your attention on the tangerine the entire time. The tangerine is a trick to help focus you briefly. Once centered, or focused, you can forget about the tangering. It simply serves to focus and center the mind, and relax your gaze (shifting your perspective a little) so that it is a little easier to soften your gaze and view both pages at the same time.

I was able to start getting the word game with the dictionary the first or second time that I PhotoRead the dictionary, but I had to play with a few words before I started to get "hits". It's a neat game that helps show that something is ha[[ening during the PhotoReading stage, but is not essential. If you really want to start having greater success with the game, I would suggest taking an "I don't care" attitude to the game. Just play with it, have fun, and remember that all of this is only a game. The more fun you have with the system, the less you become ridgid with it, the easier it will be to learn, and the more you will have success with it.

#54061 09/11/00 02:27 AM

Franky,

No question is too stupid ... your questions and concerns are all too familiar. I should know, I went thru the same thing.

Over time, you will and I mean you will become proficient to the point whereby you won't even think about the process. But remember, to have fun and not to have expectations as this can put pressure on you so to say. Secret it to relax during the entire process and play with it.

You'll be a master in no time ... just stick with it, believe in it and you will succeed!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54062 09/11/00 03:30 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

You do want to maintain the Tangerine throughout the PhotoReading whole mind system.

You do not have to keep your attention on it once you put the tangerine up there. But, when you notice that it is gone, gently bring it back up.

One cue is if you find yourself focusing on words on the page, even when dipping or rapid reading.

Of if your mind wanders too much.

Or if you feel out of balance.

#54063 09/12/00 02:45 AM

Franky, I have heard it said that continually getting the dictionary words wrong is statistically improbable. If it was just chance then you would be getting some of the answers right.

I too had trouble with the dictionary exercise. But I also noticed that I had a deep down fear that I was going to get them wrong. It was as though my fear was sabotaging my results. My other-than-conscious mind was obliging the self fulfilling prophecy of failure. I kept second guessing my answers, etc.

But one thing I did definitely noticed was that I was thinking of an insane amount of words that started with the letter 'D'. The words just kept coming to me and they weren't even words that I was familiar with using. I chose to view that as a victory and successfully continued through the rest of the course.

Franky #83140 05/19/14 10:08 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#tangerine #pageturning #dictionarygame

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved