Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54113 08/22/00 01:57 PM
Skyy Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm currently busy with the PR home study course, and have a few questions.

1) When practicing PR, I will obviously read a multitude of books, and would not have the same level of interest in all of them. How do I set my outcome? Would the outcome be to get a feel for the subject, or to recall as much of the core, relevant info as possible, or what.

2) Also, what benefit would I get if I only did the PR step, and not the activation of the info. I'm thinking of a time in a bookshop, where I picked up a book and PRed it. Will any of it matter? I know the information is somewhere in my other-than-conscious mind, but will it ever come out (e.g. when I'm talking to somebody about that subject)?

#54114 08/22/00 02:38 PM

Activation take's many forms. This can be from asking questions (probing), talkink about subject to friends, question being directed to you ... so, what it boils down to is at some point in time activation will happen whether it be direct or in-direct!

I remember photoreading my MSCE TCP/IP book. One day while outside with my boss a question was asked and somehow I was able to anwser it and my boss agreed. I imediately said to myself 'Where the heck did that come from!" So you see, information gets in, how it comes out it the intereting part ... observe and have fun with activation!

Humbily

Michael Saikali

#54115 08/22/00 03:23 PM
Skyy Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Michael, that's encouraging to know.

I'm interested in hearing other member's opinions/experiences on this topic.

#54116 08/22/00 10:41 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I like to PhotoRead 30 books on a single topic over several weeks. The topics appear in my dreams, in my conversations, in metaphors that I use...it is quite fascinating.

I PhotoRead 23 books on Shakespeare once, because I never enjoyed Shakespeare. I the curled up with a play in front of the fireplace on the first night of a skiing vacation, and loved it. Simply loved it. PhotoReading the other books gave me a foundation of knowledge that made it much easier to read and enjoy Shakespeare.

...and that's just one example.

Your experience is limited by your imagination and your willingness to PhotoRead everything in sight.

#54117 08/23/00 08:19 AM
Skyy Offline OP
OP Offline

That's fascinating, Pete. Looks like PhotoReading is the perfect way to get a lot of information 'archived' for later use. Am I correct in my understanding when I say that the info that I dumped into my unconscious would be recalled if and when I need it?

#54118 08/23/00 12:31 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Nope.

I wish we could figure out how to get the brain to work that way. PhotoReading is a way to process, understand, and use large volumes of information at an accelerated pace.

It does not give you perfect recall, nor does it always give you information on demand.

That said, it is certainly the best alternative to regular reading or speed reading. Best by far.

#54119 08/23/00 01:25 PM

PRing as I understand came about by modelling expert readers using NLP etc. Wouldn't it be worth modelling people who have perfect recall ie S.., although without all his 'problems' associated with being able to remember anything. Also somebody who can recall at will.

How do expert readers/PR'ers activate their material completely? Why could we not model them because, it seems to me that for many people in the beginning of PRing, they want more knowledge, quickier than many are attaining? Just a thought? Or what makes an excellent PR'er to an 'average' one? Lets find those finer distinctions, then we can all benefit.

#54120 08/23/00 07:38 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We are always working to improve the system.

Those "finer descriptions" come through my postings on this Forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved