Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54139 05/03/00 01:00 AM
JR Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm an honors student (in 10th grade, high school) and my AP European History and AP Biology tests are coming up shortly (in the week of May 7). Here's my question: how can I best use photoreading to study effectively? And how many times would you suggest photoreading a book (my AP European history book is 1000 pages, but I have notes on the computer) before it "sinks in" for a test? And could I use photoreading to study for regular tests? If so, how? (AP Biology tests are usually very detail-oriented, so just "knowing" it isn't enough.) I have listened to the photoreading tapes (1-8) and I have listened for 2 months to the memory supercharger tape. Somehow, I can't get it to work! Please help!

JR,

The first thing that I would do is try to relax. Stress and tension are antithetical to the way that PhotoReading, and the human mind for that matter, works best. Practice some meditation, breathing exercises, etc. as a way to get into the "ideal mind" state. From that position, you will start to find that what you have previously studied starts to flow into your mind more readily.

Have you created mind maps on the material of interest, and attempted to construct a framework for the material to fit within? PhotoReading works from "whole to parts", and if you have laid out the overall pattern that the material will fit into, you will be able to recall more of it more easily (memory works well via association).

Have you tried chunking the material that you're studying? If you're trying to digest a 1000 page book in one sitting, and then expecting detailed conscious recall, you might be over doing. Chunk down the material, break it into parts - perhaps breaking the book into five sections and PhotoReading each section and then, once you've got that material under your belt, relating it all.

If you have the PhotoReading home study course, you have unlimited access to the Learning Strategies PhotoReading coaches. I would suggest that you give them a call and get some support from them. When I was learning the system, I found my coach very approachable and supportive, and he helped inspire confidence in myself and my PhotoReading abilities.

Good luck!

Craig M. Parsons-Kerins

quote:
Originally posted by JR:
I'm an honors student (in 10th grade, high school) and my AP European History and AP Biology tests are coming up shortly (in the week of May 7). Here's my question: how can I best use photoreading to study effectively? And how many times would you suggest photoreading a book (my AP European history book is 1000 pages, but I have notes on the computer) before it "sinks in" for a test? And could I use photoreading to study for regular tests? If so, how? (AP Biology tests are usually very detail-oriented, so just "knowing" it isn't enough.) I have listened to the photoreading tapes (1-8) and I have listened for 2 months to the memory supercharger tape. Somehow, I can't get it to work! Please help!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hey JR, do you use the full PhotoReading whole mind system on the materials? If so, how do you activate the materials? How much time to you spend activating?

Or, do you just PhotoRead?

Go to the PhotoReading section of our main website and read the article called "Works on all material." That can give you more insight into the system and how activation can work.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved