there have any tips to give me for exams
(preferably before Monday evening!!)

Grateful for some help!!!

Yours,

John "Jaco" Alexander

#54150 06/06/00 11:55 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Sorry, Jaco, for not replying earlier--funeral stuff.

I can't give you advice for yesterday's exam, so let's work toward the future.

You say you've had "limited success." Be specific. What have you noticed as a result of PhotoReading? I'll follow-up from there.

#54151 06/06/00 04:16 PM
jaco Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for replying Pete.

The As I explained, I first bought the Photoreading course a while back. The Dictionary Game was my 'limited success'. I could find the words on the pages
and on a couple of occasions I remember page numbers just popping into my mind when I looked for particular words and there they'd be, page positions etc, exactly as I had "scanned" them as promised by Paul Scheele!!! Flushed with success I played on but the more I tried the game, the less success I had until it became clear that I was just guessing. I tried some of the other exercises but to no avail. After this I lost heart & just stopped. My more recent efforts have met with failure, probably due to exam anxiety!!

If you have read my 2nd e-mail you may remember me stating that I have to read a lot of technical material for my Master's degree studies in Information Systems. Any insight you, Paul Scheele or anyone else has for this getting to grips with this type of material in particular would be very helpful.

Question: Is Photoreading like riding a bicycle (once learnt never forgotten) or
is it something you can lose?? I need to get the system to work for me!!! What am I doing wrong ...... Help !!!!

Regards,

Jaco.

#54152 06/08/00 01:51 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

First, always look for any pieces of evidence that PhotoReading is working for you. The dictionary game is a good start. Think of anything else that could be attributed to PhotoReading. Success breeds success.

It is not uncommon for a PhotoReader to get the dictionary game at first. I don't know for sure what happens next, but I suspect that you were putting too much pressure on yourself and not paying attention to the signals that were coming up. You were trying too hard. Or, trying to "left brain" it. Don't worry about it--it gave you your first successful PhotoReading experience. Now it is time to go on to the stuff that matters.

Usually, when a person does not have success from PhotoReading, they forget that PhotoReading is not like regular reading. You do not get conscious comprehension as you PhotoRead a book. Sure you may experience spontaneous activation, but that generally comes from people who PhotoRead 5-10 books a day for a couple of months (PhotoReading, that is, without activation). When you have the first and the second and the third experience of spontaneous activation, it is much easier to have the the fourth, etc.

For people unwilling to spend the time to PhotoRead that much in the early months, you have to fully activate a book as is said in the PhotoReading book, the home study course, and the seminar.

If it takes you 10 hours to read a book regulary, you should spend about 1/3 activating the material. To better understand activation, and what can happen during that 1/3 of the time, go to the PhotoReading section of our main website and read the article called "Works on all material."

Then get a nonfiction book of about 250 pages, follow the system with the insight from that article, and tell us about your experience. We can pick it up there!

As far as riding a bicycle. For many people it is, but it depends on a lot of factors such as a person's confidence. That's where some of the Paraliminal Tapes such as Belief and Self-Esteem Supercharger and Personal Genius can be beneficial.

#54153 06/08/00 03:39 PM
jaco Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for your reply, Pete.

I'll give it a shot over the weekend and
let you know how I fared. Wish me luck!!

Jaco.

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved