Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bob Offline OP
OP Offline

I was encouraged after reading Drew's post about PR'ing multiple books with no expectations. I started doing that two days back. My question is :
1)I have four or five different books I want to photoread every night. Can I do it back to back or should I PR one and wait for a while before starting the next one.
2)Also when you say PR do you mean just the PR step or do you also include Prepare and preview ?
3)I seem to be getting caught up in the mechanics again :-). I notice that my shoulder starts aching after turning about 100 pages or so. Can I stop for a minute and resume or does it affect the quality of PR ?
4)Is there any (added) benefit to photoreading a book multiple times ? (Just the photoreading step). This is a book I would like to absorb fully since it deals with my money ! (stock market book about chart reading)
Many thanks in advance for taking time to answer my questions.
Bob

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

1) Yes, you can PhotoRead them back-to-back. Make sure you are clear on your purpose for each before the PhotoRead in order to get the best results. When I do books back-to-back I'm usually doing books that are related.

2) I would prepare and preview, but do not spend too much time on it.

3) I tend to PhotoRead most books in two sessions. If I PhotoRead to page 100, when I do the next session I will start at page 90 to make sure I'm up to speed when I hit 100.

4) I PhotoRead most books multiple times. Typcially I will PhotoRead a book on day one and activate it on day two, but I will PhotoRead it again before activation.

Every time you PhotoRead a book, you are getting it as it is relative to you at that point in time, which adds more depth to your understanding of the material.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved