Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#54205 05/25/00 04:06 PM
OP Offline

I've heard of other reading systems, like subliminal dynamics, that offer other things besides reading skills. They claim to get you "mentally photographing" at ~80,000 wpm and beyond.

Now I am on a tight budget and can't afford to buy every system out there. So how does PhotoReading compare to SUbliminal dynamics & others?

#54206 05/27/00 12:32 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I know of two other high speed self-study programs that might be of interest.

1) Subliminal Dynamics. The input process of "mentally photographing" the printed page is similar to PhotoReading, with a couple of differences. For both, the words a minute is merely determined by how fast you can get words to go past your eyes. 25,000 wpms per minute is the average book going at one flip a second. Flip faster, get more.

Their home study course, while disappointingly thin on practical activation techniques other than speed reading, is more than just reading, because it gets into other self-improvement areas.

If you are looking for mind candy, then you might enjoy their course. If you are looking for a solid information processing course, you might be wanting a lot more.

2) Reading Genius. This course has a different approach, although it uses a high speed process that looks similar to PhotoReading. At one point they say that the process is not for taking in information but to trick the brain, so that when you slow down to regular speeds it is easier to read significantly faster.

The most consistent complaint that we've heard is that people do not like the drill sergeant regimented approach of the course.

They also recommend listening to high energy music when reading, which can turn into a crutch for someone when they don't have music available--like in a library.

===

Howard Berg's Mega Memory deserves a mention simply because of their intensive advertising in the late 1990s. That course simply uses a speed reading approach. While they claimed 25,000 words a minute in their marketing, there is nothing in the course that leads people there. As a matter of fact, at one point in the course Howard says something like, "And I know someone up in Canada who has reached 5,000 words a minute."

I think his marketing people led him astray, because Howard is a kind and sweet guy who has truly mastered speed reading.

===

Which course is best? I firmly believe that PhotoReading will give you more practical tools to process, understand, and use information.

We back the course with a coaching staff that is available free of charge during business hours. In other words, you can call or email a coach whenever you need help or guidance. We've probably heard it all by now, so I am sure we can help anyone.

If you cannot decide which course, then buy and use all of the courses. Return the ones you do not like--everyone has a satisfaction guarantee--and keep the one you like. I only know of one who returned the PhotoReading course, but I can think of many who have returned the others and kept PhotoReading.

#54207 07/13/00 03:53 PM
OP Offline

"If you are looking for mind candy, then you might enjoy their [Subliminal Dynamics] course."

You don't seem convinced that they really deliver all that they claim, at least with regard to the other areas besides the info processing. Is that true, and if so why do you doubt them? I suspect the same thing and I have tried to email them but they have not been very good about replying. Thank you so much.

Ralph Burt

#54208 07/14/00 03:55 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We purchased the course last year, and I carefully examined the course.

#54209 07/14/00 03:56 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

We purchased the course last year, and I carefully examined the course.

#54210 08/18/00 09:03 PM
alf Offline

Is photoreading superior? What's so bad about subliminal dynamics? They sound like they have a lot to offer. Can photoreading offer all the things that subliminal dynamics does?

#54211 08/18/00 11:37 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I wish someone who has done both would jump in and respond.

I clearly think we have the most in-depth and easy to follow process for learning. Some of their tapes, which are more general self-improvement, are entertaining, but do not necessarily adavnce one's information processing skills. There's nothing break-through in those tapes.

If they have a satisfaction guarantee, then order both programs. Keep the one you like best, return the other, and then tell us about your experiences here.

#54212 08/21/00 03:07 PM

Ordered PR about 2 years ago. Went thru course and was amazed to find that when I was at the part of super reading the photoreading book ... I was able to blast thru the pages as I 'felt' that I had already read the book several times, when in fact I had only photoread it once or twice. The feeling of 'knowing' the material is a great feeling. But as with anything with life ... it take practice to make it become natural.

I also ordered sub dynamics course. It did offer other suggestions on how to mentally photograph material. I must admit that the Learningstategies material blew their course away and at a fraction of the cost! This is my opinion, I've managed to take techniques from both courses and combine.

Howard Bergs course on speed reading is good as it offers practical suggestions to speed read. He also reminds me of that cop on the Simpsons!!!

Almost everyone will have an opinion of other reading courses ... some may like what they buy, others may be disappointed. But in the end if you were to get just one benefit from any course you bought, I would say it was worth it!

On another note, I also judge a company by what is happening on their web site. It's nice to see LearningStregies web site continuosly evolving. Sub Dynamics has not changed in ... well I can't remember when the last time they changed their web site. I keep coming back to LearningStragies to buy material as I know it is a company that focuses on adapting by introducing new material and improving old material. This is a sign that this company is always looking to improve and provide nothing but the best to it's clients. A plus in my books!!

Pete and Paul, nice to see that you have added a discussion board! You truly have amazing products and kudos truly should go out to the both of you and your kind staff!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54213 08/22/00 12:19 PM
alf Offline

It's true that learning strategies has a way superior website.

What did you think about the subliminal dynamics course? Did it deliver on all of the website's promises? Sounds like powerful stuff.

#54214 08/22/00 01:12 PM

The entire mental photography or photoreading or whatever you wish to call it is a 'fasinating' arena! It offers so much potential not only in reading but proves that the mind is truly an amazing tool ... it's a shame only 10% is fully utilized.

PR is also a great confidence booster ... you feel like you have control in our day and age of information overload.

Although I have had course for 2 plus years, I keep coming back to redo the material as I truly believe it can work! There lyes the secret ... you must believe in yourself and what signals your body is giving you ... it never lies, well maybe sometime!!!

Michael Saikali

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved