Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54249 08/22/00 02:28 PM
OP Offline

Pete,

Can you give some background information on yourself? How did you come to meet Pete? How did you find yourself in becoming involved in Personal development field? What was your first experience with PR and how did that evolve over time?

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54250 08/22/00 10:27 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I first heard Paul Scheele being interviewed on KSTP radio in the Twin Cities. I heard only a few seconds about being able to tell how a person is thinking by watching eye movements.

At the time I was doing a lot of newspaper and magazine writing. I wanted to do a story on him, and I needed him to teach me something about this NLP he was talking about.

We got together, and I spent a day with him and Mark Kinnich, his first business partner. (This was back in 1981, the first year of Learning Strategies Corporation.)

The experience totally blew me away.

I wrote four articles on them. They got hundreds of new clients. They put me through their training, and we became friends.

In the ensuing years I hired them for a couple of projects and they hired me.

In 1985 Paul called me up and asked, "What if you could be taught to go through a book as fast as you could turn the pages."

I was again blown away.

I took to it immediately, scoring 80-100% on comprehension tests. I had no doubt I was capable of doing it. I had thought about it all of my life. I just had no idea how to do it.

Within a couple of months I was hauling my office furniture up the elevator. Paul's partner Mark was quitting to head a human resource department at Honeywell. Paul and I put everything else he had been doing on the back burner, and we focused on developing this thing we were calling PhotoReading.

The evolution has been more in how we teach it than anything else. I was PhotoReading at 693,000 wpm back in 1985.

It has been a fun ride, and I love it. It is great to come into the office every day.

#54251 08/23/00 12:16 AM
OP Offline

Pete,

That is truly an amazing story! It's ironic sometimes how people and ideas just come together. I truly believe that all things in life happen for reasons unknown but by you know who. (No wifes don't count!)

I too, was 'blown' away by a former boss who knew NLP. It was from that day that I began to look into personal development. I'm still new into the field, but only wish I would have started at a much earlier age. It can become quite expensive but how can one put a price on development ... especially when it is positive in nature!

I've been so impressed by the Photoreading course that one night while lying in bed, I had a creative brainstorming session going on. You know, the one where your jumping in and out of bed to write ideas on paper. Did not get much sleep that night, but what lead from that night was an idea that I know in my heart will take learning to a new height! I have you and Pete to thank for it! Who knows one day I may be meeting you face to face to thank you both!!!

I've run the idea by serveral friends and family and they were totally blown away ... sometimes the answer is looking at you straight in the face ... the solution so simple but implementation is another challenge!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54252 08/23/00 12:23 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

<<the solution so simple but implementation is another challenge!!!>>

How right you are.

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved