Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54278 10/04/00 02:28 AM
OP Offline

I've just gone thru Direct Learning chapter in Natural Brilliance book and will pose questions along the way when describing the process ... to ensure I understand Direct Learning correctly.

Syntopically read - reading of several books on a particular topic. Preview,Prepare,PR but no manual activation or rapid reading. No problem.

Question - once you have Photoread all the books ... do you still follow the golden rule of incubation ... to allow the mind time to sort before commencing with Direct Learning?

Activate Direct Learning ...

"Behaviors you desire" is this saying the way you envision your outcome? Behavior is being compared to goals and setting "specific" goals for process to work. My goal setting could use some working on ... I'm interested in the process of "precisely setting my goal or behavior" How does one know of desired outcome precisely?

Instilling Behaviors ...

3 2 1 to enter state. OK

I'm at a beautiful place. Let's say work. OK

Imagine timeline. Past, present, future. OK

Float over timeline. OK

Float to future. OK

See 'behaviors' needed to accomplish results I desire. Behaviors, goals ... dang if I know what they are! I know the desired outcome, but the goals or behaviors to get me there ... Help!!!

Float down into body. OK

Feel the success. OK

Look back at path and imagine 'significant events' (goals) that led to achievment. Help!

"Realizations needed and solidify all learning that ensures success" ... Help!

Float to present. OK

Let go. OK

Direct state of awareness. OK

I seem to be struggling with the definitions of 'behavior' , 'goals' and 'realizations' ... I really want to experiment with this, any help would be appreciated!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54279 10/04/00 03:02 AM

All right Michael I will take a stab at this.

You wrote:
See 'behaviors' needed to accomplish results I desire. Behaviors, goals ... dang if I know what they are! I know the desired outcome, but the goals or behaviors to get me there ... Help!!!

A little preparation would be useful for this but I recommend not getting to caught up on it(don't get to conscious about this stuff when you are listening just let it flow). This should be like being a kid in the candy store. What do you want to attract into your life--anything that really excites you!! Financial independence, dream job where you feel actualized, trips you want to go on, feelings that you want to experience on a regular basis...I don't know its your fantasy.

You wrote:
Look back at path and imagine 'significant events' (goals) that led to achievment. Help!

I took this part to be more symbolic then literal. I see myself floating back on my timeline and stop at places. I don't really have a clear image of what those achievements are but I acknowledge that something is going on down there(exactly what I don't care). I figure this part is up to my subconscious mind and the stuff that I photoread. In fact, I don't like to interfere with this step to much so I just get a sense that there are learnings and achievements going on below me on the timeline.

You wrote:
"Realizations needed and solidify all learning that ensures success" ... Help!

For this part I just go back to my comfortable place (a lounge chair on the beach or something) and just get the sense that my mind is processing all that needs to be done.

For me the key is to get a sense of what it is that I want to attract in my life. I don't try to dictate how it will be achieved. Perhaps you should add a relaxation exercise to the start of your tape(the script can also be found in the book). The key is to be extremely relaxed and let everything flow without getting too hung up on the details. This should be an enjoyable experience.

#54280 10/04/00 01:32 PM
OP Offline

Weight39Doug,

Thanks for helping to clear up some issues. Like having the sun burn off the morning fog!!! Becoming clearer.

From what I understand ... keep it simple and see desired result. Not to worry about how but what it is I desire. See, feel the desired outcome. Remain relaxed at all times. Does this sum it up?

I take it you have gone thru this exercise at one point in time ... what was your original experience like and any subtle results noticed?

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54281 10/05/00 05:23 AM

I usually listen everyday. My goals are so big that it will take time for the results to show themselves.

#54282 10/05/00 04:06 AM

Wait that's a lie. I have had some success with direct learning.

I set a goal for improving my creative writing skills. I did a paper recently and the teacher thought it was so good that she read it out loud to the rest of the class. The cool part of it was that I didn't really need to do much editing and I was never stuck for the exact word that I wanted. The paper just seemed to flow and I was amazed with the end result.

Also I have had some great success with C++ programming.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#directlearning

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved