Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Just received my new edition PR book and Natural Brilliance ...

It would seem that direct learning is the way to go to 'achieve' results! Does this mean that consciously activating should take a back seat as direct learning seems to achieve and is supposidy much easier to do?

Its seems that direct learning is too good to be true ... does it really work?!!

The optimistic side of me says 'yeah baby!' and the pessimistic side say "I dun know!"

What success's have been reported?

Humbily

Michael Saikali

What is direct learning?

OP Offline

Nate,

Direct learning is a alternate way to activate sub-consciously. Whereas the PR methods of probing, scan and dip, rapid read are forms of conscious activation - that's as simple as I can explain it.

The PR book touches on it but the Natural Brilliance gives the details ... simply 'Natural Brilliant' marketing!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Direct Learning is the process by which you can learn skills through PhotoReading.

Yes, conscious activation takes the back seat during Direct Learning, because the conscious mind would try to step in to control the process.

We've had great stories from people improving time management skills, golf strokes, tennis, skiing, musical instruments performance, etc.

Michael your doubt (which is quite understandable) is precisely the reason that you wouldn't want to consciously activate a book if you wish to make use of direct learning. The conscious mind can be quite a sabotager of results because of its negative conditioning, etc.

I believe that direct learning will work. Almost every self-improvement book or course stresses the importance of setting a goal, and visualizing its attainment regularly. ‘Think and Grow Rich’ suggests that you put a card in your wallet with your top 3 goals(or so) and look at it regularly. Hang your goals on the mirror. Post them anywhere that you will see them regularly.

The key is to not worry about how you will achieve the goal. Concentrate more on 'why' you want it. Reasons come first and then the 'how' will reveal itself. First you become what it is that you want in your mind and then your subconscious mind will become your ally in striving to achieve those objectives. The subconscious mind will say something like 'hey this guy is an expert golfer we better start finding ways to manifest this'.

Anyone that has tried to kick a habit knows how difficult it is to quit when the subconscious mind is an enemy. If your self-image is that you are a smoker then guess what it is going to be difficult to willpower your way out of that habit. Your brain doesn't want to make you into a liar. It believes that it is addicted--so it is.

The cool thing is that the subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between vivid imagination and reality. That's why recording the tape that is suggested in the Natural Brilliance book is so important. Use it everyday. It will change your self-image from a person that can't achieve the skill or goal to an expert at it. After that occurs your mind is going to fight like crazy to make your new successful self-image come true.

I use direct learning in studying modelling (as used in NLP), martial arts training (especially for the sake of forms training), and physics problem solving. Some of the direct learning techniques that I use are applied not only to books, but to movies and television shows.

The idea of using an altered state of consciousness to learn skills of high complexity can be understood, I think, in the words of Yogi Berra - "Ya can learn a lot just by watching!". There is a lot of peripheral learning that goes on in the learning process that is ignored by traditional education. It might be worth exploring some of the ideas of Lazanov in regards to the environment and learning via immersion. Subtle cues that are not consciously perceived do contribute, I think, to the overall learning of complex physical skills and perhaps cognitive skills.

Hi,

Is is right that we don't have to activate PRd books via mindmapping while using direct learning? Or is direct learning just one more step to PR?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

That's right. Activation is not required for Direct Learning.

You may choose a book, however, for Direct Learning after activating it.

The conscious mind tends to get in the way, which is why we do not recommend activation for Direct Learning.

The Natural Brilliance book has a 12-page chapter on Direct Learning. We originally planned on that book to be PhotoReading II, until we began to uncover the Natural Brilliance model, which goes way beyond PhotoReading and Direct Learning.

I'd strongly recommend the book. (The Natural Brilliance Personal Learning Course has one of the highest levels of satisfaction from our customers. It helps you thoroughly integrate the Natural Brilliance model so that you use it automatically. The audio course, however, does not handle Direct Learning.

Go to the Natural Brilliance section of our website for more information on the four-step model. http://www.LearningStrategies.com

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

#directlearning

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved