Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Is my listening to my paraliminals reducing the amount of sleep I need? I've read that deep meditation can reduce your need for sleep. Also while I listen to the tapes I am very close to drifting off. I quite often catch myself with one of those falling limb actions that you get when you are falling asleep and don't what to sleep. BTW, I listen to the tapes while sitting (most of the time).

Anyways, recently I've been waking an hour earlier. Sometime I wake almost two hours earlier. I tending not to get back to sleep. Now the interesting thing is that I'm not getting up tired or feeling tired during the day.

Now, I've also resently made good efforts at increasing my exercise. I've also band caffiene from the diet. I've Drastically reduce refined sugar as well.

I've had extended periods (years) in my life before when I've had plenty of exercise, but I've always needed 8 hours. I'd even say I needed the 8 hrs more when I exercised.

I'm a light sleeper, so I usually wake up most nights. However, I almost always fall back to sleep. In the past if I didn't fall back to sleep I was groggy much of the day.

Oh, oh. Here is something I've noticed I'm doing. As I get prepare to get up, I catch myself saying "Ugh, I'm going to be tired today." and I reply "No I'm not, I'm going to be energized." Hey. I may have answered my own question. However, I'll credit the paraliminals for changing that inner talk.

Oh well, anyone else have a similar experience?

Iam2

Administrator
Administrator

Yes. I find that paraliminals also reduce my need to sleep. Don't particularly like it so I avoid using them daily.

Alex

Since my schedule is, for the most part, my own, I make use of a reduced sleed schedule of six hours. The first two hours are 3-5 am. I then take an hour rest at 9 am, 2 pm, 6pm and 11:30. Taking direct choline bitartrate helps a bit with the waking part, and doing silent image streaming helps with the sleep part.

If I ever photoread more than seven books in a day, I will sleep until I am fully done with dream incubation. For the hour naps, I use an timer. If I miss the "bing" for any reason, I just miss the "bing"; I'll wake up whenever I wake up.

I chose this schedule because most of the instructions on polyphasic sleep work best following the body's natural 25-hour cycle. However, part of my time-management technique is setting aside certain times to do certain things.

Polyphasic sleep? 25-hour cycle? Where can I learn more about these things?

My apologies. I just noticed there's another thread on the subject.

No problem. For the record, I gave it up because, although I felt mentally and physically OK, I was suffering from an eye-tick that I know is my body's signal for requesting more sleep. I've learned to listen to my body, well, most of the time.

oh, I'm not sure if it's mentioned on the Polyphasic Sleep threads, but the natural rythm for a person is a 25 hour cycle. Perhaps this was set when the earth had a different rotational rate, or perhaps we come from Mars (look it up). Studies were done with people who were put in a room with no external references to time (e.g. clocks, windows, etc). They naturally fell into a 25 hour cycle of wake/sleep.

When I had the ability to set my own hours, I was tempted to give myself a schedule where I started at 9:00 am monday, 10:00 am tuesday, etc... and then would do a quick "reset" on the weekend to get back to a more normal pattern.

I also know a man who suffers from severe delusions and believes himself to be a dragon. He has a 37 hour wake/sleep cycle. I'm not sure if he has a steady job or not, but he does make some interesting driftwood sculptures. I'm not sure if it's a psychological abberation related to his delusion, or something physical. He does have Krone's disease.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved