Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello all,
The course tells about how to use time feng shui for houses but what about for apartments or condo's. I've read elsewhere that one would find out the flying star chart for the facing of the building and use that as the template for the apartment rather then the direction the apartment faces. What's the best way to do time feng shui for apartments especially if the apartment don't face the same direction as the building facing direction? apartments and condo's were never discussed in the course, only houses.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Here's an earlier response that will provide part of the answer:

Quote:

Q: When you live on a university campus, or in a house in which students each have their own room, what is your front door? The door of your room or the door common to the people of that floor, or the main front door.

A: Same as an apartment. Go by the door to your room/apartment.

Your apartment is also affected by the overall time feng shui of the building as well. You can figure out the 20-year and yearly stars for the building and find out where your apartment shows up.

Much Love, Shawn

Hi Shawn,
So does this mean that we use the period of our apartment as the time we move in or when major renovations were made there?

Also, is the period of the building itself different from the apartment if it was purchased in a different year than the year I moved into my apartment?

In other words if my apartment was a period 7 building, can my apartment be a period 8 apartment because I moved in last year?

Thanks

Learning Strategies Corporation
Learning Strategies Corporation

According to Diamond Feng Shui, the Period for your apartment and that of the building are based on when you move in. If you moved in prior to Feb. 2004 and since then the building has been sold or the exterior renovated or painted, the building moved into Period 8 but your apartment remains Period 7 or earlier. If your personal situation is any more complicated than this, it's best to use one of your vouchers to talk with a coach.

Debra

Debra,
Thanks for the information.

I actually moved in to my apartment in 2005, so I guess that would make it a period 8 apartment.

What you're saying is that the period for both the apartment and the building is based on when I move in to my apartment, so that would make the building also period 8.

If there are tenants there that moved in before 2004, does that mean the building for them is period 7? In other words can the building be a different period for different tenants?

Thanks

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

If there are tenants there that moved in before 2004, does that mean the building for them is period 7? In other words can the building be a different period for different tenants?

Thanks

Yes. if they moved in before 2004 then for them the building is a period 7 if it hasn't been renovated or painted outside after January 2004. The building moves into the new period if any modifications like like painting or renovating the exterior have been made.

Alex

I have a related question for this. Is it more important to find an apartment that is in a good area for the building, or is it more important to find an apartment that has a good floor plan for me?

Which is more influential? Marie said that we should look at both layouts, and if the combination of stars on the apartment within the building is unfortunate, then you should probably find another place. For some reason, when I was apartment hunting I either forgot about this, or it never registered. The apartment I found is really good in that it has two abundance stars and a power star in my bedroom/office, and the front door faces one of my good directions. However, the apartment lies in the illness star for the building.

I'm currently debating whether or not I should actually move in there. Is this a question better used for a voucher? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

It is tricky enough to get an apartment that is as favourable as the one you described. The location relative to the building has less impact than your individual unit. Unless you have a better option, your unit sounds great. Whether the illness star works or even exists (some buildings actually have charts that fail to materialise) will depend on various factors. No one has perfect Feng Shui, or we'd have to even control the location of the country we lived in, or even that of the world. Sometimes practical considerations must prevail.

Kaye

Last edited by KWLee; 01/03/07 10:08 PM.

Kaye,
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm kind of new to this, so I forgot to check the period of the building. I was assuming that the building was period 8. However, when I went and checked the tax records for the building, I found that it last changed ownership in 1997; so if no major renovations have taken place since 2004, it will actually be a period 7 building. I'll probably ask the manager when I pay my first months rent.

Making the building period 7 changes everything. That puts the apartment in a power star and an abundance star for the building. I did have a good feeling about this place. I hope I'm right about the period.

So glad to hear it. You must be riding a good wave of destiny luck to have such a place too! All the best with your new place.

Kaye

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved