Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Mistakes are relative to what you personally think is right and wrong.
Mistakes can also be relative to what works and what doesn't work for you personally.

The definition we give the word mistake is a very personal definition, and it is vital to change your definition of what a mistake is, if you want to succeed in areas you haven't before.

Not everybody defines their mistakes in the same way. If you're a priest you could call a mistake a mistake because it was evil to do such and such. If you're a manager a mistake could be a mistake because you didn't do what worked.

Mistakes are relative to what your values are. How you identify a mistake is what will make Natural Brilliance work for you or not totally for you. Natural Brilliance on it's own won't work to make you wealthy for instance if you see that it is wrong to be wealthy and right to be poor, a mistake will be aiming in the wealth direction. It will be "correct" for you to stay poor.

The Natural Brilliance Cycle will get you what you think is right. Am I correct in saying that if you believe that it is correct to be poor, no amount of listening to Natural Brilliance will help.

The conclusion of it is this,

1) Redefine your general definition of what a mistake is to you. List 10 points of what a mistake means to you. Again, a priest would define a mistake differently to the definition a Multi Billionaire would give the word mistake. How you define your mistakes will define your future success.

2) Listen to the Belief Paraliminal to alter unhelpful beliefs of what is right and wrong or expedient and not expedient.

3) Activate your Natural Brilliance to go in the new directions, Natural Brilliance will then take you in the direction you really want to go faster than if you had not generally defined what a mistake means to you.

This is just an idea I have,
You are welcome to criticize.

Maybe the obvious is not so obvious.
Grant

I believe that beliefs are more fundamental than one's definition of mistake.

Anthony Robbins interviewed many what he called highly successful individuals and discouvered they had 5 beliefs in common. One that I remember is that "Everything that happens to them is for their good". This means they don't believe it's possible to make a mistake. Everything is a success. Maybe not the one you wanted, but a succes that you can use to achieve your goals.

This kind of belief frees a person to take chances, simply because there is no risk of failure.

The natural extension is that the only real failure is to not learn form your experiences.

I take Ross Jeffries view, which of course is based in the real world of interpersonal communication and asking people to have sex with you - a place where no matter how successful you are "no" will be more common than "yes." He says, "the difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that unsuccessful people don't fail enough." This attitude is reflected in the "respond" portion of Natural Brilliance - good decisions are the result of wisdom, wisdom is the result of experience, experience is the result of poor discisions.

Wen Wenger goes on to point that the most wildly successful people are the true loosers. Wen is himself an example, someone who was "not very visual." Ross Jeffries had very poor communication skills and an ugly face to boot. Paul Scheele was a slow reader, who would actually hide the fact that he didn't read what he was supposed to.

It is as if where a person is weakest, they have the potential to be strongest.

Thank you!! This was exactly what I needed to hear!! - S

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

All I'm trying to say is if you don't recognize your actions are taking you further from what you want, or that you've defined a behaviour as taking you further from what you want when it fact it would be taking you nearer.

I think it was Thomas Edison, who made SO many attempts to create the lightbulb.

When asked about the thousand or so mistakes he had made while looking for the best answer he replied....something like:

"They werent mistakes, I just discovered a thousand ways that dont work"

Basically, in my opinion there are no mistakes, only lessons. It might be helpful for you to look at what you have done and consider mistakes to see what kind of lessons are there.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved