Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I apologize, I didn't read the whole thread.

bdavis, as stated above, don't let the finger exercise prevent you from discover what SFQ can offer your life.

hartreefoch, I have a science background, and that might be why I found something like SFQ later in life. It might be why it was important to me to find something like SFQ. I tend to think that it is my gift I bring to SFQ and something I needed before I was ready for my SFQ journey.

As for finger growing trickery.... well the idea has crossed my mind more than once. However, when I've looked at hypnosis and self-hypnosis, and other meditation and meditation like practices, I find a lot of commonalities. For me SFQ still remains the one with best harmony. I can see all others things I looked at as subsets or variants of what I've learned in SFQ. However, the reverse is not true, for me.

As for casting your seeds, what grows isn't only dependent on what you cast but apon what it lands. I don't think you need free rebuke in this forum. I've read some of your posts in Beyond Human, and for the most part I think they are well received. However, I always keep the saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.", in mind when trying to help. You can be ready to teach, but you can't make people ready to learn.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Hi I hope i read this right. people think the finger groing game is a trick?
Like a mind trick? I cant get my fingers to grow too so the thought that i might be missing something crossed my mind also. But i would find it hard to believe that Mr Lin would try and trick any one into doing qigong. He does not look like some one that would do that would he?

I didn't say it was a trick. I meant to imply that you didn't need to use qi to explained the effect.

A stage hypnotist uses this kind of test to determine who is more susceptible to suggestion.

Master Lin describes how different people will accept your energy with different levels of ease.

Are these the same thing with different descriptions? I'm not sure, but I can see the parallels. Is qigong nothing more than hypnosis? My experience has lead me to believe that qigong is more that hypnosis. However, I'm not sure I'm willing to say that hypnosis is more than qigong. Especially when you consider that Master Lin describes everything as qi. Qi an appealing extension of the energy idea, to a physicist with some new observations. Extending energy into the realm of thoughts is a interesting concept. The idea that this energy / qi (thoughts) can be transmitted, beyond traditional verbal and visual means is helpful in explaining many observations that don't fit traditional science models.

As I've said in other posts, I find the system described in SFQ to be the one most in harmony with my beliefs, which are based on my life's experiences.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Oops sorry i apologize. Thanks for your reply.

Dear Friends,

Regarding whether any respected teacher of Qi could be intentionally
deceptive regarding Qi, it would be wise to realize that Qi-masters in
China and the Orient are notorious for exaggerating their Qi-based
"super-powers." Consider this article which rationally examines Qi-based
claims:

China, Chi, and Chicanery
Examining Traditional Chinese Medicine and Chi Theory

http://www.csicop.org/si/9509/chi.html

Much benefit can be derived from traditional systems and teachings without
having to resort to the outrageous, which only serve to weaken the
foundations and respectability of any truths which may actually be found
in these systems and teachings. As a wise man once said, extraordinary
claims require extraordinary evidence.

Best,

HF

In Master Lin's book on SFQ Level 3 he describes the "finger growing game" (his words exactly). The way I understand his writing and his teaching, is that he uses the "game" to demonstrate the importance of "concentration" and "focus" for the purpose of energy healing.

He's not trying to exaggerate his powers or be outrageous in any way, shape or form (if you've met him you would understand this) - it's but a tool for the important lesson to be learned.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved