Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JustMe Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm fairly new to all this and need some guidance to help me make a decision. I've been going through the forum articles for the last several days and am confused by all the publicity hype on the various websites. Has anyone tried both programs and what would you suggest a complete should go for? Which produces the greatest benefits or are the 2 completely different and what is their overlap.

Many thanks

I've done both programs and am currently on AL3(0.5).They are completely different programs.Centerpointe uses binaural beats to entrain your brainwaves to a specific frequency.What this does is overload the brain or stresses the brain to where it has to reorganize to a higher functioning order,i.e; it can handle exterior stress easier.Natural Brilliance uses hypnosis and NLP to train you to deal with stuck states in a 4 step process,Release,Notice, Respond,Witness.Basically when you come up against something you percieve as being stressful you go into the 4 step process and proceed through the area that once caused a problem ,it's quick and efficient and has helped me overcome a few obstacles.Centerpointe is a long term commitment and is not for everyone,results come slowly over a period of time, the entire program can take up to 9 years to complete, but they say it's worth it which is why I continue to use it and I have seen a gradual increased ability to handle stress.Hope this helps.

I like tool have been been a participant of both programs. I am currently finishing up Awakening Level 1 with Centerpointe. To give you a reference of time; this is the beginning of my 10th month. It took me 4 months to complete the Awakening Prologue, (level 1) and when I complete Awakening Level 1, month 10 will have concluded. The most noticeable side effect of the Centerpointe program has been improved awareness. There are circumstances presently that exist where I come to the realization that if the result I produce is not productive I quickly notice it and make the appropriate adjustment. This benefit hasn't been major by any stretch of the imagination. The process has been gradual yet noticeable. In order to complete the entire program it will require a several thousand dollar investment over a 5-10 year period, depending upon the urgency of the participant to finish. In fact, according to the creator of the Centerpointe program, Bill Harris, most people never complete it because according to him, "people eventually become content with themselves." Or in my case, most likely will not make that type of a financial committment. In addition, there really is little if any effort that on the part of the individual. You simply place the stereo headphones on your head and let the binaural beats do their thing.

As for Photoreading, only have 5 weeks experience. I look at PR as a continuation of improving awareness. But I credit Centerpointe with helping me to recognize other beneficial programs out there such as those provided by LSC.

I meant to include Natural Brilliance in the last sentence of the previous post as well. Sorry, I got carried away with the rhetoric.

JustMe Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your replies. I now have a better idea. The holosync program really excites me because of the proven technology and immediate results however, I feel that it is bit of a con to get people onto a program that would last so many years and cost thousands of $$$'s. Are all the subsequent programs identical to the previous ones except for some “frequency” changes? I know several people such as Brian649 who has managed to suss out a really elegant solution to getting round this problem by using Brain Wave Generator software which you can purchase for a mere $40 in comparison. I’m new to all this and don’t have the time and know-how to tinker and experiment and that’s why a solution out of box is so appealing. However, I don’t like the idea of being committed to CP for so many years but would want to see go all the way if I started (and could afford it) to see what the maximum end results possibly achievable were. This is where NB is more appealing. It is more concise and sounds great and also seems to be based on proven technologies such as Suggestopaedia.

So my question now is do you recommend using NB with holosync technology (eg using BWgen) for better results and leaving it at that, or getting the base CP program and then modifying that in some way (how?) to enable you to essentially get round the problem of having to spend thousands of $$$’s in follow courses? I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has managed to do this successfully and how they’ve achieved it.

Many thanks!

Administrator
Administrator

Justme I answered your question about L&S device on the other thread

I would like to add; I found Brians project interesting and personally got the same effect using a L&S device because in many ways it is similar to bwgen. (just the additional effect of a light show). Because I can use the tapes with the L&S device I found that I have addtional variety and never needed to bother figuring out software to combine them as well as enjoying the mobility.

Alex

JustMe,
If you take a look at the Centerpointe.com home page you can find a demonstration 18 minutes in length. This sample can be listened to via real player or window's media player. Simply scroll about half way down the home page and on the lower left a link will be available to try it out. This demo is not as strong as the actual levels in the program but it can give you an idea of where this type of technology can take you.

I don't have Centrepoint, and I don't intend to get it in the near future.

However, let me state this. Rex Sikes, a NLP'er of some fame in my home town and a contributer to the "Euphoria!" personal learning course, recomends spending no less than 5% of your income on yourself. If you make $25,000 a year, then $500 a year is a reasonable investment, especially if CentrePoint really is [U]The End[/U].

I have no idea if CenrePoint works or not, but I believe Awakening-Prologue comes with a year's gaurentee or something.

Here's how I "compare" Centrepoint with Natural Brilliance.

Natural Brilliance is a four-step process. Each step is given detail in the book, and reenforced with the paraliminals in the PLC, but it's up to the student to find ways to DO the steps. One of the most important things I've come across in my Mad Quest for Magical Power is the idea that one MUST do some form of meditation. Usually, this falls under the "release" step, but it also enhances the other steps as well.

The comment I've seen over and over again about CentrePoint is that you WILL face your gremlins while doing it. With the lifetime phone support offered, this also is something that I would advise anyone into magic to consider. Isreal Regarde said that the first step of the Great Work is psychotherapy. CentrePoint is different than most NLP-based improvement techs, as it is "theraputic" (e.g. "Purification"), rather than purely generative.

My current philosophy/preset goals/blood pressure call for a more somatic form of meditation. I'm considering Spring Forst Qigong (174/114 blood pressure), combined with a Tai Chi class at the local Y. I get the joining fee waved from work. I figure it's a little more expensive than a straight Tai-Chi class, but the swimming pool, weights, and free arobics classes make it worth it.

I cannot comment on Natural Brilliance,although it is on my list.
But I can tell you that the Centerpointe program works. I am a third of the way through Awakening Level II. I have had no major shifts yet,but compared to the state I was in when I began, I am definetely on the up. It takes a lot to disturb my equilibrium, and I am much more focused. A word of warning though,some people(including myself) find the program very heavygoing at times. The amount of overwhelm that comes can be too much, this is were the superb support team comes in. The full program does take over ten years but I can find an hour a day to meditate quiet easily. Overwhelm sometimes makes settling down to meditate difficult.
Despite the drawbacks I am pleased that I became involved in this program. After 25 years of searching it is great to have at last found a product that lives up to it's claims.

What settings should i use on bwgen to achieve a similar effect to the centerpoint program?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved