Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dreamlife
As previously mentioned I gave the Sedona Method a good try and it did nothing for me. But unlike yourself I would not accuse the organsiers of the Sedona Method of operating a scam;it just did not work for me.
There is too much in the way of positive testimonials (they are not afraid to print the bad stuff either) to ignore the efficiency of Centerpointe. If you think their ten year program is long thats fine,but most people get great results way before then. One of my friends who joined the program before me(he is just starting his third year),has had major shifts in his life, which he and his wife are thrilled with.
Anyway good luck to you.

I've used Holosync, paraliminals and the Sedona method all in a relatively short period of time. There has been some fairly harsh banter going back and forth, but what we need to understand is that each person's experience is just that, it's their own personal experience and therefore can only be subjective.

What works wonders for some could possibly lead to dismay for others. Why are there so many diets on the market? Why are there so many different fitness programs? Why so many different majors to choose from in college?? Why so many different kinds of coffee??? The answer is that one size does not fit all when it comes to defining and designing the lives we lead.

The first step of course is to determine that there's a need. Then, to quote the president of Learning Strategies, "Just as there are many ways to get to Chicago, there are many ways to accomplish your goals...". What one must do is examine the choices that are available, do some research, and then make an intelligent choice based on the information we obtain. We do it every day. More importantly, that's all we can do. And if by chance we make a mistake along the way, we reevaluate our choices. Not critically or harshly, because we're all doing the best we can with what we know at any given moment. We are constantly evaluating and reevaluating our progress on whatever path we happen to be on at any given time in our life and make the necessary adjustments to reach our destination.

I said before that I've used Natural Brilliance, Sedona,and Holosync. It occurs to me that the process I just described is a good example of the Natural Brilliance model in action - Release, Notice, Respond, and Witness. Gee, it must be working. (I just noticed that!)

I came to the LSC website during a time of depression and upheaval in my life. I quickly purchased and proceeded to try to use almost every paraliminal available. (Notice that I said that I tried to use all of them.) I read all I could in the forums, and they kept mentioning Natural Brilliance, Holosync, and Sedona. I wanted them all! I had a strong need for releasing some things that had pretty much immobilized me for some time, so although I enjoyed NB, I decided to invest in the Sedona method for some deeper relasing.

Now I must say that I was in a pretty severe stuck state at the time, which is why I invested in Holosync as well. What appealed to me about Holosync was that it was not cognitive for me. That is, it didn't require any preparation or conscious effort. I liked that. I could just put on the headphones, listen, and think about anything I wanted (which is actually encouraged by the way since it brings up subconscious issues into conscious awareness). My difficulty with Holosync was that it brought up an extreme overabundance of overwhelm, stress, and anxiety for me. Enter the Centerpointe support line - they were absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!. I am so thankful they were there. They really helped me to get through a rough time in my life. I can't say at this time whether Holosync in and of itself has provided much in the way of results, but one thing is certain. Centerpointe was there for me at a time when it seemed that I was in my darkest hour, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Blessings to all,
Glenwood

I'm finishing up Holosync Awakening Prologue and am awaiting level 1. I personally haven't yet noticed any significant changes, but I decided to continue with the program because the meditation sessions just feel so durn good! So no, it hasn't changed my life but being in a relaxed, focused, and centered state has to be good for you.

Has anyone tried using the Monroe Institute Hemisync programs WITH holosync? Monroe's website says not to combine Hemisync with other brain entrainment programs, but some of their titles seem like they would be extremely beneficial for some of the overwhelm symptoms of Holosync.

Publius

I did try both programs together, but stopped Holosync because it was ruining all the positive effects of The Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync. I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of the Monroe Institute products. I think they could possibly help release endorphins or other brain chemicals that just make you feel really content and happy and also help you open up to higher states of consciousness.

So far they have not been helpful though with productivity, especially tackling unpleasant or boring tasks that need to be done--so that is why I'm trying the paraliminals. I'm happy, sometimes even get moments of almost euphoria for no reason, and I'm having lots of lucid dreams, but not accomplishing as much as I could... So I'm hoping the paraliminals which don't have brainwave entrainment, but just NLP/hypnosis techniques will be good addition to the Hemi-Sync.

This really goes into the question of the value of pain. Obviously, change doesn't have to be painful. However, there is a certain amount of discomfort in a great many activities which do produce positive results. Assuming that the Holosynch program isn't simply producing mental anguish in order to provide a placebo effect that change is indeed taking place, then the question becomes is the pain needed in order to "awaken" into a life with more joy and less pain?

My theory, untested as it is, is that somehow the act of consciousness during delta entrainment produces a state where the "ego" and "shadow" merge, because of the difficulty of thought at this level. The "awakening" is painful because it involves embracing those aspects of ourself we wish to deny. This is not something unique to Holosynch. Any program of meditation will eventually create an integrated state where the twin demons of the Ego and the Shadow will fight with the authentic "self." I've even had the experience with paraliminal tapes (e.g. having extrememly unpleasent memories pop up while listening to the Memory Supercharger, almost screaming out during Belief, having a relapse after Self Esteem Supercharger). The key to this probably is the detached perspective of witness. Especially, I say, when dealing with the past. Painful memories tend to be forgotten - I have often said aloud the word "no" when a painful memory spontaniously recollects. The key to actually dealing with it is to vividly remember the experience, and to name every emotion felt. The act of naming integrates the emotional limbic centers with the Boca region. This helps, as the limbic system has very little sense of "then" vs. "now" vs. "maybe." Naming an emotion affirms the reality, and also lets the whole mind accept that the experience is in the past, and that the entity has survived. It's something I learned from a Tantrik Black-Hat with a degree in psychology, so I'm not sure if this is coming from the psychologist or the lama, but either way I've found it to be very good advice.

Personally, I am the type to avoid pain at all costs.
I also actively seek pleasure, so for me positive reinforcement works best. Creating negative emotions, just to come out on the other end happy again, seems like pointless, unecessary torture.

So my goal is to make life even more pleasant by trying to teach myself to actually ENJOY doing things I normally hate or avoid doing. The issues with me are not emotional, I'm just plain lazy. I'd rather do something fun than something productive, but unpleasant. If my subconscious mind could believe that paying bills, cleaning up, working out, etc... was actually ENJOYABLE, then I could be more efficient AND happy!

Dreamlife,

I wonder how many weeks you spent on the CRI
program using the Awakening Prologue or did you just listen to the demo??

Another important fact you mentioned is that
h/s wiped out the positive gains from hemi-sync. The question is how positive are these
gains if they can be wipe-out?
Does this not indicate that the "results" you have achieved with hemi-sync are unstable or have to be enforced in order to
have the gains consistantly?

I am on the Purification level (P 1,0.5) of the h/s program.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by Frodo02 (edited March 08, 2003).]

Okay, this is the thing. Since I was a baby I've naturally had spontaneous lucid dreams and OBE's (out of body experiences.) About five years ago or so, I began to research these subjects and discovered the Monroe Institute and the Hemi-Sync products. I discovered that certain CDs, and not necessarily the ones that are advertised to do so, were directly helpful at inducing more of these experiences which I enjoy a lot. They also had the side benefit of giving me this sometimes almost giddy feeling of happiness. Everything was right with the world. Even while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, life was beautiful. At any moment something wonderful could happen, the doors to the world seemed wide open. Maybe I was producing huge amounts of endorphins, I don't know what was happening but I liked it. So I thought, if this is good, let me try some other things and get even more of this.

So I tried a variety of different products including Centerpointe. I tried Centerpointe for a couple of weeks while I stopped the Hemi-Sync. I completely stopped having lucid dreams and OBEs. Life was mundane again. Traffick sucked. Little things started to irritate me. I wasn't happy anymore. I stopped the Centerpointe and went back to Hemi-Sync. And slowly it all came back. I'm not sure what the benefits of Centerpointe were supposed to be, but I prefer being happy, enjoying life and having lucid dreams and OBEs.

I still tend to procrastinate and avoid doing things I dislike, but at least I'm happy. But that's my personality. I choose pleasure over pain. Every once and a while I will give Centerpointe a good college try, but each time it has the same results. It makes me less happy than I already was. So what's the point?

I'm naturally pretty happy without all this stuff, but Hemi-Sync increases it even more and allows me to enjoy and research lucid dreams, OBEs and other states of consciousness. Life can seem magical. I smile when I'm stuck in traffic. Maybe I'm just high on my own endorphins, but I like it, what can I say?

I've tried lots of brainwave entrainment products for inducing altered or higher states of consciousness including Kelly Howell's Brain-Sync, William Buhlman, Tom Kenyon & Brian Paulson, Dane Spotts (another waste of time), Dick Sutphen and Jeffrey Thompson. Besides Hemi-Sync, I have had the best experiences with Jeffrey Thompson's products, especially Theta Meditation System CD #2. I've also had some interesting experiences with Anna Wise's "High Performance Mind" and strangely enough, Aeoliah's "Anchoring Your Light Body" which is very "new-agey" but effective.

So, I've done a lot of research and discovered what works best for me. I put in a lot of time and money because it's something that really interests me, but if I can make recommendations to help other people save time and money, I try to.

To me, Hemi-Sync users are like Mac users and Mac users will know what I mean. It's something they defend and care about. It's not just another computer, it's special. Hemi-Sync users usually feel the same way about Hemi-Sync. It's just the best.

Dreamlife,

Thanks for your more detailed explanation.

If I would be a Centerpointe salesman or a h/s fanatic I would argue that because something like H/S can wipe out your gains there must be some
problems underneath. I would then suggest to use H//S to dig up
these problem in order to make your happiness more sustainable.
(I guess you must use the Hemi-sync tapes over and over to keep those
gains??)

I also would argue that a couple of weeks on H/S are not enough to judge
that program.

BUT, I AM NOT SAYING THIS. I think that your present NOT a hopefully
distant future happiness are most important.
So if Hemi-sync generates those results then STAY with it.

The only thing that make me wonder is that you are still searching for something better. This could indicate that you haven't found the real thing.

Cheers,

Dreamlife
I have read your postings on this topic with interest. I too have a strong interest in lucid dreaming and I have ordered the relevant Hemi-Sync CD's.
I will continue using Centerpointe as the mainstay of my development program. Unlike yourself I was not a particularly happy person. I was abused a lot as a kid (the focus of drunken beatings) and went to a dozen different schools between the ages of five and fourteen. Although Holosync has been painful, after fourteen months of involvement I am much happier and centered within myself. I empathise with your points about pain not being neccesary;but I do not agree. Most meditative disciplines (which is what Holosync is) involve suffering. On a brighter note my meditations over the past month have been blissful, I also seem to have a lot more energy.
Anyway all the best in your growth.

Regards

Nick.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved