Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#553 11/19/02 03:05 PM
CarolR Offline OP
OP Offline

I recently bought the Genius code and decided to do the 30 day challenge. I listen to Win's tape each time I do the HTT. When I have finished the 3rd image stream and am suppose to compare, I am so deep I usually can't recall the 1st image stream so it's difficult to compare all three of them to answer the question. Any suggestions on countering that?

In additon, I taped my image streams, but they didn't seem to make sense when I finish so I just left them. I finally re-listened to the interpreting information CD, then listened to my taped image streams and drew what I got.

I was amazed. Does anyone elses inner mind have a sense of humor or do physical puns? It's not the way my conscious mind thinks!

For example I got a small dragon with very large feet standing next to a stop sign, when I asked why it was there, it took hold of the stop sign, leaned back on it's tail and showed me it's feet. After a while it dawned on me it meant, Stop draggin your feet.

Another example, I had asked what I should do about a minor health problem. I was thinking of going to the doctor. I got some information on what to do about it, then some crows with large bills and one duck showing off it's bill. My interpretation was, Duck the big (doctors) bills.

Now I can hardly wait to decode my image streams, because every once in a while there are those zingers. Does anyone else get specific answers that are put so hunorously?

CarolR

Administrator
Administrator

I usually record my image stream in writing immediately after each image stream I leave the decoding till I have completed all image streams. I find it helps to disconnect from the previous image stream in this way too.

I've noticed the play on words in my image streams also

Alex

CarolR Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Alex. Do you record the stream as it is coming so you get the audio component and then write the images down after each stream so you don't go too deep, or do you use the writing as the cross brain stimulation?
The HTT tape has you do the 3 streams and then while you are still relaxed has you compare the three streams. Since I'm new at the image streaming and HTT I still kind of use the tape as a crutch.

Administrator
Administrator

I do tape the image stream, however being deaf I find listening to them frustrating so rarely do I go back over them. It forces me to record them quickly from memory after each session. I also find that I can remember re-experience the image stream in thsi way anyway. As for getting relaxed enough again for the next one well I find it easy enough anyway after the first image stream. I just close my eyes breathe out and let the images start flowing... if there seems to be some delay I just use the 3 to 1 technique. I find I'm relaxed enough after I start talking again anyway.

After doing all three sessions I decode. I pay attention to word like jump, run, standing etc. Also my choice of words when I describe something like rigid, stiff, or when I use words like wild seas instead of rough seas. I also pay attention to the feelings that the images invoke like disappointment, excitement, humour even a thought like whoa I better get away from here. I also look for the play on words nun = none I find while decoding that the first thought/association is most often the correct one and additional thoughts usually clarify it.

Even being deaf I still record my image streams I don't see it as a crutch but as a tool. If I don't turn on the tape recorder I see no reason for saying the image stream out loud... (since I don't wear my hearing aids while I image stream its seems a bit dumb to talk out loud if I can't hear it anyway ). With the tape recorder I can always check if I get distracted from recording my image stream.

Alex

CarolR Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex. That helped a lot, in fact I even printed it out to help me decode. I appreciate the input.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved